Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-28-2016, 02:54 PM   #1
Clocker

Obama gets tough on terror

Statement by Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah last week:

Quote:
“We are open about the fact that Hezbollah’s budget, its income, its expenses, everything it eats and drinks, its weapons and rockets, are from the Islamic Republic of Iran,” Nasrallah said.
The administration recently lifted sanctions that released $100 billion to Iran. When asked about the possible use of the money to fund Hezbollah, White House spokesman Eric Schultz said:

Quote:
"We know that Iran supports terrorism. And we know that Iran supports Hezbollah. And that is why we've issued the most serious and most severe sanctions ever on Iran for doing so. So it's important for them to recognize their own behavior in enabling this," Schultz said.

"We've had a conversation recently about Iran's concerns about access to international markets. Well, those financial actors are looking at Iran's behavior and if Iran's going to continue to fund terrorism and continue to supply resources to Hezbollah that is going to have impact. Those financial actors don't want to do business with a country that's doing that," he continued.

"So we call on Iran to not only stop doing this because it's not good for national security and they're supporting terrorism. But we call on Iran to stop doing it because it's not in their interest either."
We gave Iran $100 billion and we know that they fund terrorists, so we asked them not to do that, because it is bad for our national security and because some people might not want to do business with them.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...inglepage=true
Old 06-28-2016, 03:25 PM   #2
Parkview_Pirate

History will show the Iran deal to be a complete failure - right up there with the Munich Agreement and Neville Chamberlain's "Peace in our Time"....
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 05:59 PM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

History will show Obama to the the Grand Mufti of the 21st Century.
This guy is a terrorist.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:17 AM   #4
classhandicapper

This administration is either he most incompetent group in the history of the country or treasonous. I see no viable 3rd option.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:52 AM   #5
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
This administration is either he most incompetent group in the history of the country or treasonous. I see no viable 3rd option.
That's what Trump said a few weeks ago and the media and GOP jumped all over him.
I think Trump's words were to the effect:
"Obama either doesn't get it or maybe he really does get it."
Either possibility is frightening.

I'm from the camp that believes Obama does get it and has his own unstated reasons for not doing anything about it.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2016, 12:19 PM   #6
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
That's what Trump said a few weeks ago and the media and GOP jumped all over him.
I think Trump's words were to the effect:
"Obama either doesn't get it or maybe he really does get it."
Either possibility is frightening.

I'm from the camp that believes Obama does get it and has his own unstated reasons for not doing anything about it.
It's certainly possible there is a coherent reason for doing the things he does, buy I've never seen it. IMO, we haven't seen it because it doesn't exist, which of course necessitates my conclusion.

It's OK for a guy like me to call him an idiot or traitor. I'm just some guy on a racing forum with no impact. It's a little different for a candidate to say it, but that's part of what some people find appealing and/or repulsive about Trump. He's saying things that people are thinking privately and doesn't know or care whether some people get upset about it.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:44 PM   #7
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
It's certainly possible there is a coherent reason for doing the things he does, buy I've never seen it.
There is a reason, his legacy. He ran for president attacking the war-monger GOP, and said that he could negotiate with anyone anywhere, including Iran. What he forgot to mention at the time is that he would give up anything to get a deal.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:09 PM   #8
johnhannibalsmith

Didn't know where to jam this so this thread title at least seemed worthy of the honor. I guess the campaign promises of transparency (or more accurately, not total secrecy and bullshit buried under a mess of syllables and sterile words) finally found its way into the motif now that it's all over. Better late than never, I guess.

Obama air war kills up to 116 civilians outside war zones

Gingerly pulling back the curtain on one of President Obama’s most controversial national security policies, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper disclosed on Friday that as many as 116 civilians have died in U.S. drone strikes or manned air attacks since January 2009.

There were sizable gaps in the government data, which covered only strikes “outside areas of active hostilities” — away from Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria — from Jan. 20, 2009, to Dec. 31, 2015. The bulk of drone strikes have fallen on remote tribal regions of Pakistan that have long sheltered extremists, but Obama has also bombed places like Yemen, Libya and Somalia. Independent estimates of civilian casualties from U.S. strikes in those theaters have ranged between 200 and 1,000.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-air...193113911.html

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2016, 06:47 PM   #9
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
....I'm from the camp that believes Obama does get it and has his own unstated reasons for not doing anything about it.
Me too. He clearly despises this country. If you consider the globalist view of Obama being their puppet, and that the U.S. empire must fall for something along the lines of a New World Order to step into the vacuum, many of his decisions/actions make more sense.

It sure as hell ain't because these policies are in the best interest of the normal U.S. citizen.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2016, 07:07 PM   #10
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Obama knows exactly what he is doing
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2016, 07:19 PM   #11
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate
Me too. He clearly despises this country.
He doesn't despise this country, he just thinks we are too rich and powerful and he wants to make it an even better country by spreading the wealth around. He has been apologizing for what we are ever since he took office.

He not only wants to spread the wealth around here, but all over the world, so that everybody in the world has a 'fair' share. Since wealth and power are limited, the only way to do that is to bring anyone that is above average down to the common level.

It's called trickle-up poverty.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:04 PM   #12
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
He doesn't despise this country, he just thinks we are too rich and powerful and he wants to make it an even better country by spreading the wealth around. He has been apologizing for what we are ever since he took office.

He not only wants to spread the wealth around here, but all over the world, so that everybody in the world has a 'fair' share. Since wealth and power are limited, the only way to do that is to bring anyone that is above average down to the common level.

It's called trickle-up poverty.
Your post made me think of Harrison Bergeron.

https://archive.org/stream/HarrisonB...geron_djvu.txt
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2016, 08:07 AM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
So did Himmler.
Both are war criminals.
Very similar personalities, too. Very similar.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:33 AM   #14
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Exactly!

DHS whistleblower: Why Obama is 'so adamant to protect Islam'
'The power of Shariah is very difficult to exaggerate'

http://www.wnd.com/2016/06/dhs-whist...I2mrx7HHOdP.99

And this former Homeland guy is right on the mark about Islam. Islam is far more than just a religion. Sharia law makes it a political system first and foremost. And it's this political system is what the radical Muslims want to shove down the throats of the entire world -- in the name, of course, of Allah.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:16 PM   #15
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate
History will show the Iran deal to be a complete failure - right up there with the Munich Agreement and Neville Chamberlain's "Peace in our Time"....
Not so, according to John Kerry. And he's the Secy of State, so he should know.

Not that he or Obama care. The big thing is that Iran will not get a bomb on their watch. Mission Accomplished.

Quote:
“Because of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, Iran’s path to actually building a bomb has been closed off…”
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...g-idiocy-3.php