Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 06-27-2016, 03:42 PM   #46
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
If I throw Lebron out of the discussion I'd agree, but if it was 1970s ball and no 3 pt shot I might take Kareem no.1 even though MJ is the better player in my opinion.
I would counter that the three point shot has evolved like it has not merely because it was worth three instead of two. It is because there are no skilled big men like Kareem around. Teams just don't get easy post ups for scores any longer and the three has turned into a more efficient shot.

You get guys that can post up and score like Kareem, Shaq, Hakeem, etc. and I think the big man would be just as effective today. Sadly, there isn't anyone close to those guys currently playing.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 04:51 PM   #47
Tor Ekman

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
If I was drafting from among the all time greats, I would take prime Kareem over anyone else I've seen. It would be far from an easy choice, but most people remember Kareem from the later Lakers days when he had already more or less handed the reigns to Magic. At his peak he was practically unstoppable and did everything else you'd want from a big man well too. Kareem + Oscar Robertson was nuts.
I'd counter with the young and completely healthy version of Bill Walton, as good a big man as you'll ever see in all facets of the game . . . unfortunately his on-court brilliance was all too fleeting due to his chronic injuries
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2016, 07:39 PM   #48
buzzy

really..

Originally Posted by classhandicapper

If I was drafting from among the all time greats, I would take prime Kareem over anyone else I've seen. It would be far from an easy choice, but most people remember Kareem from the later Lakers days when he had already more or less handed the reigns to Magic. At his peak he was practically unstoppable and did everything else you'd want from a big man well too. Kareem + Oscar Robertson was nuts.

close but ..I would take Wilt...he belongs in this discussion.. after 40 years he still holds all time records. 100 points a game will never be touched!! also 55 rebounds in a single game.. here are his records that still stand

http://www.nba.com/encyclopedia/wilts_records.html
buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2016, 07:59 PM   #49
MONEY

I think that Jordan was the best.
Whenever Jordan was on the court it seemed like his teammates moved up a level in ability.
MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2016, 06:17 PM   #50
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell
It's time for a few people to eat some crow as Lebron has again proven he's the "best there ever was" and the true MVP of the NBA .......
Agree. Does anyone want to retract the following statements they made last March?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA Pundits on PaceAdvantage

now that it's apparent he won't come near Jordan's legacy or leave half the footprint,

A very forgettable "superstar"...IMO.

I think he is starting to realize he is a lot closer to Hakeem than he is Michael at this point and he may never win again.

I think it really bothers him he's no longer considered the top player in the NBA

I think being surpassed by Curry, as the best player in the game, ..., along with the ascent of the Warriors are the factors that provoked this recent outburst.
From the way LeBron handled Curry, it is clear who the best player in the league is.

Anyone watch the ESPN show "Believeland". Only lifelong Cleveland fans (like me) know what LeBron and Cavs championship means. You could see from LeBron's tears of joy how much weight was lifted off of his shoulders after winning a championship.

He can go wherever he wants now and Clevelanders will love him. He did what he had to do -- bring a championship to Cleveland.

Oh... and just to be an asshole, gloat and rub salt in wounds (because I have been waiting for 52 years)... I told you guys the Cavs were going to sweep. I was almost right. They did manage to win 3 in a row and do a comeback like no other NBA team has done.

Last edited by highnote; 07-04-2016 at 06:21 PM.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply