Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-16-2017, 08:46 PM   #16
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
The way it is being reported. It is being reported that Comey felt it to be a request to compromise the investigation.
Look who is doing the reporting/spinning and consider who just got fired.

When I read a few of the quotes, it came off as casual conversation.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 05-16-2017 at 08:56 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2017, 08:48 PM   #17
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Look who is doing the reporting and spinning and consider who just got fired.

When I read a few of the quotes, it came off as casual conversation.
Alleged quotes. I don't believe the actual memo has been produced.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2017, 09:07 PM   #18
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42 View Post
The hypocrisy on this board is amazing. If Obama had done half the stuff Trump has done and said, you would be DEMANDING his impeachment.
Did you call for Obama's impeachment, in 2016, when he gave Russia classified intel, which caused our allies on the ground to die?

I guess we are not hypocrites. We are accustomed to having an incompetent in the oval office, after 8 years of Obama.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2017, 10:16 PM   #19
JustRalph
Just another Facist

It's not obstruction

It's hearsay
Old 05-16-2017, 10:26 PM   #20
ElKabong

Quote:

What this shows is there is a shadow government and they are afraid of the President and are placing the security of the U.S. in jeopardy to keep their hidden agenda.
Yes it does. Been going on since October, doesn't serve anyone. Very unfortunate.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2017, 10:50 PM   #21
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Comey is dem apologist so whatever they say is what they are guilty of themselves.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2017, 12:08 AM   #22
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The hypocrisy on this board is amazing. If Obama had done half the stuff Trump has done and said, you would be DEMANDING his impeachment.
Oh my! What an eye-opener!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2017, 12:36 AM   #23
davew

Quote:
Where do you get your news of current events?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2017, 12:50 AM   #24
Hank

Trump is finished. This is an official on the record FBI Memo. It's attempted obstruction of justice, anyway you slice it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CaMIvP2WYAAbgPB.jpg (74.0 KB, 2 views)
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2017, 12:54 AM   #25
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Yes it does. Been going on since October, doesn't serve anyone. Very unfortunate.
No.This has bee going on for sixty years.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2017, 12:59 AM   #26
mostpost

Quote:
proves firing him was and is the correct decision. Comey is now alleging Pres. Trump asked Comey to stop investigating Flynn. Big problems for Comey. Comey's allegation is serious, as it alleges the President is guilty of obstructing justice. If true, why did Comey not bring this to light when it happened? By not taking any action, at the time, this alleged obstruction happened, Comey failed to do his duty.

It makes one wonder how much Comey let go regarding HRC's mishandling of classified material, because he was willing to play ball with the executive branch.

In light of Comey's actions, I think all American's would support for an independent prosecutor to investigate HRC's crimes relating to her mishandling of classified material.
This is fascinating. The person reporting a potential crime is being accused of participating in that crime. Comey was not obstructing justice. He did not use his power to prevent an investigation. In fact he refused to shut down the Flynn investigation.

The fact that he did not disclose Trump's request publicly does not mean he did not add it to the ongoing investigations. In fact, the fact that he wrote the memo and distributed it among other FBI officials prove that he did not sweep it under the rug.

This was a private conversation. Trump would simply deny he ever made such a statement.

There is no comparison between what HRC did and what Trump did. Clinton handled classified material in such a way that Russia might have access. Trump flat out told Russian officials material that was classified and could have deleterious effects on our agents and on our relations with our allies. And he did it to massage his ego.

And I don't care if the President has broad authority to declassify material. That does not change the damage that he did.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:14 AM   #27
mostpost

Quote:
Obama did not do one tenth the stuff Trump has and they were demanding his impeachment. These guys don't care about the truth.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:38 AM   #28
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Obama did not do one tenth the stuff Trump has and they were demanding his impeachment. These guys don't care about the truth.
These guys sold themselves to the devil. All for a Supreme Court that is going to abandon them sooner or later anyway.

Kind of reminds me of Damn Yankees. Only the conservatives here hate liberals and made the deal with devil to finally beat the liberals for a change. Only thing is the conservatives forget to get an escape clause.

So they are stuck with this turkey.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:04 AM   #29
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
$33 billion to Iran so they can give Hezbollah $200 million per year to terrorize Israel and continue their nuclear bomb program...
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2017, 02:50 AM   #30
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Trump is finished. This is an official on the record FBI Memo. It's attempted obstruction of justice, anyway you slice it.
Oh, now it's attempted? It either is or isn't. And it's not.

"The acts by which justice is obstructed may include bribery, murder, intimidation, and the use of physical force against witnesses, law enforcement officers or court officials."

Find any of the above in Trump's actions? No.

Just because the media boys think they have a rope around his neck, the law is what counts. Btw, any Repub member of the house that would go along with impeachment would be done, and they know it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: