Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-10-2021, 08:43 PM   #1
moneyandland

TVG must be really hurting

TVG cancelled my account because of a few small bets which they deemed as negative breakage. Over the last 2 months most bets were small WPS pyramid wagers. Wagering totals over 2 months were $5493.20 and of those there was roughly $1700 over 13 wagers which paid the minimum. Only 1 wager exceeded $162. A minimum payout doesn't even necessarily mean a negative breakage. I don't have records of all the pools but I do know one of the bets they cited wasn't even on the favorite. I bet the 2nd choice at MNR in hopes the favorite would be out increasing my payout. From my recollection there was only 4 races in which were actual minus pools and 2 of them I wasn't even betting on the horse with the big % of the pool.

Just like everything else it's become about a blind side bottom line approach. Never mind the profit they made on the $3700+ in regular wagers, roughly twice they had to cough up $30 on there end so they don't want anymore wagers. Yet another sign the game is dead.
moneyandland is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2021, 09:09 PM   #2
thaskalos

A chicken-shit move if ever I saw one. A betting outlet offers a wager...and then punishes the customer for making it.
Old 07-10-2021, 09:13 PM   #3
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
A chicken-shit move if ever I saw one. A betting outlet offers a wager...and then punishes the customer for making it.
what till fixed odds wagering comes, anyone who wins at any regularity will not be around very long.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2021, 09:17 PM   #4
sharkey11

just who is TVGs parent company anyway ? wouldnt be fox would it .sounds awfuly like they want out of the wagering buisness . otherwise they wouldnt be shiting all over the custmers
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2021, 09:26 PM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
what till fixed odds wagering comes, anyone who wins at any regularity will not be around very long.
They'll take your action at greatly reduced limits.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2021, 09:27 PM   #6
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey11 View Post
just who is TVGs parent company anyway ? wouldnt be fox would it .sounds awfuly like they want out of the wagering buisness . otherwise they wouldnt be shiting all over the custmers
Betfair.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2021, 09:38 PM   #7
sharkey11

ahh run by limey beancounters they expect the sterling to run one way there way. another ripoff outfit well as louis albano said ****em
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2021, 10:28 PM   #8
jameegray1

In the UK it doesn't even matter if you win or lose. If you place just a few bets that are deemed as 'value' you will quickly get flagged as a risk and account closed or strictly limited to a £ or so. Like many horse-players here I don't have a single account left where I can get more than £5 on.
jameegray1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2021, 10:35 PM   #9
iamt

The NJ legislation expressly allows any fixed odds racing account to be closed at the books' discretion, so anyone who looks a winner will be quickly closed.
iamt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2021, 11:30 PM   #10
The_Turf_Monster

This problem goes away with penny breakage
The_Turf_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2021, 11:51 PM   #11
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
^^This
Old 07-10-2021, 11:52 PM   #12
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Turf_Monster View Post
This problem goes away with penny breakage
Good point.
Old 07-11-2021, 08:20 AM   #13
lamboguy

to eliminate the problem, they should pay to the penny like they do in Great Britain. but I doubt that will ever happen, the ADW does gain the breakage and that amounts to a lot more than what they get hit for with negative pools..

the negative pools can be very expensive for the bet taker. they lose more than ten cents they pay you for winning the bet due to net pool pricing these days.

i believe that if they eliminate breakage, the handles would shoot up like Starship Gallactica.

i got bounced by TVG as well... some of it was negative pools, but most of it was for playing low takeout bets like some certain pick 5's. when I got shutoff i was actually beating the pick 5's. that was about 5 years ago.. today the CRW got a lot tougher and I have no chance basically at anything regarding parimutuel wagering.

i think I am going to take up the contests at some point. i just have my problems going for a full card.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2021, 09:11 AM   #14
Inner Dirt

Did something change? I thought TVG just got a percentage of what they handled like an OTB, and the track took the hit on a minus pool. I can't believe they are canceling people's account without warning.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2021, 09:30 AM   #15
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Did something change? I thought TVG just got a percentage of what they handled like an OTB, and the track took the hit on a minus pool. I can't believe they are canceling people's account without warning.
TVG and other ADW's pay the host track and keep the rest. they might pay as much as 6% of the takeout and pay the host. they are now responsible for any deficiencies which includes negative pools.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: