Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-29-2021, 09:23 PM   #16
classhandicapper

Expression of concern on Gundry paper.

Quote:
Expression of concern.
This is used to raise awareness to readers that an article may be unreliable. It may be a precursor to a full retraction, but not always. An expression of concern should only be published if an unresolved, ongoing investigation is occurring or if the evidence is inconclusive.
Quote:
Journal editors may consider issuing an Expression of Concern if they have well-founded concerns and feel that readers should be made aware of potentially misleading information contained in an article.

Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (33.7 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by classhandicapper; 11-29-2021 at 09:24 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2021, 01:29 PM   #17
Michael

Logical arguments don't start with pointing to a wikipedia entry. The end result is the same if you're vaccinated or unvaccinated. That is.. the point I brought up earlier in this post when I wrote...

"The real point I wanted to highlight is that even if you get the vaccine? it doesn't matter. You're still being subject to the same endothelial damage from the virus in the wild."

The side effects from the vaccine just compounds the issues we face.

I posted the salk paper bc it holds water, and there's still people who haven't seen it... that way we can all make whatever decisions necessary to stay healthy.

More aruguing needs to be done between friends and family though... but by saying anti-vax people say this and pro vax people say that is missing the mark.

Personally, I'm not worried about what other people say or do. I'm making sure the decisions I make are with high quality information.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2021, 01:47 PM   #18
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Logical arguments don't start with pointing to a wikipedia entry. The end result is the same if you're vaccinated or unvaccinated. That is.. the point I brought up earlier in this post when I wrote...

"The real point I wanted to highlight is that even if you get the vaccine? it doesn't matter. You're still being subject to the same endothelial damage from the virus in the wild."
I think the counterpoint is that not all experts agree that isolated cases of myocarditis are an indication of widespread permanent damage from the vaccine spikes or that this paper demonstrated that there actually is a problem or that it's permanent. The paper could even get pulled because the some experts are now trashing it.

I have no point of view.

I'm trying to educate myself so I can make an informed decision.

The original question for me was, "am I better off risking "possible" issues from the vaccine for an immune benefit or am I better off with a higher risk of catching Covid, getting a serious case, and getting even worse complications from the wild spikes".

Before I knew how quickly the vaccine would wear off, I thought it was an easy decision to get vaccinated and did.

Now, the decision is complicated by how short the benefit is, the need for boosters, and the possibility the vaccine is also doing damage that could compound with each booster. So I am here biding my time hoping for information that will make that decision easier for me.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 11-30-2021 at 01:49 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2021, 01:56 PM   #19
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I think the counterpoint is that not all experts agree that isolated cases of myocarditis are an indication of widespread permanent damage from the vaccine spikes or that this paper has demonstrated that there actually is a problem or that it's permanent.
The myocarditis is a whole different issue. Nobody ever said it was caused by the spike protein.

Facts: Zero cases of bells palsy or myocarditis from the virus in the wild.

So its a completely seperate issue and the myocarditis is not linked to either the the vaciine spike protein or the wild. it is however linked to the vaccine.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:58 PM   #20
Michael

I'm trying to tell you... you're going to have problems with the wild spike protein even if you get the vaccine.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:04 PM   #21
classhandicapper

Quote:
The myocarditis is a whole different issue. Nobody ever said it was caused by the spike protein.

Facts: Zero cases of bells palsy or myocarditis from the virus in the wild.

So its a completely seperate issue and the myocarditis is not linked to either the the vaciine spike protein or the wild. it is however linked to the vaccine.
I've read a bunch of times that the probability of myocarditis is higher from a Covid infection than from the vaccine. In fact, every time someone points out the cases of myocarditis in mostly young males, the standard response is "We are aware of that, but catching Covid increases the probability and severity of those cases. So you are still better off vaccinating".

Other potential low probability side effects seem to come with the territory when you vaccinate for almost anything.

What I am concerned with is the risk of death or serious negative permanent damage from the vaccine and boosters. I know the risks of Covid. I lost 2 cousins to this disease only a few years older than me (I'm 62) and at least one was mostly related to the impact it had on his heart.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:07 PM   #22
classhandicapper

Quote:
I'm trying to tell you... you're going to have problems with the wild spike protein even if you get the vaccine.
That's an issue to consider if true, but the cases seem milder, there are fewer hospitalizations, and fewer deaths. So the impact would seem to be lower.

In fact, the most productive part of this conversation so far has been to clarify my thinking on the risks of each.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:16 PM   #23
AndyC

Quote:
That's an issue to consider if true, but the cases seem milder, there are fewer hospitalizations, and fewer deaths. So the impact would seem to be lower.

In fact, the most productive part of this conversation so far has been to clarify my thinking on the risks of each.

What are your thoughts on this? https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horow...l-covid-deaths
Old 11-30-2021, 02:22 PM   #24
Michael

Quote:

Not here to sell you on anything obviously as I don't get anything for mentioning these points. Just warning and sharing info before you have regrets that can't be reversed. I've said enough in a few posts that I made here in the off topic area. Whatever you choose to do... I wish you good health

my lunch time is up!
Old 11-30-2021, 03:09 PM   #25
classhandicapper

Quote:
Not here to sell you on anything obviously as I don't get anything for mentioning these points. Just warning and sharing info before you have regrets that can't be reversed. I've said enough in a few posts that I made here in the off topic area. Whatever you choose to do... I wish you good health

my lunch time is up!
I appreciate your contributions.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:14 PM   #26
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
I already supplemented with Vitamin D3 before Covid and upped it further when I started reading about the possible benefit against Covid right at the start of the pandemic (I also added in A).

The only counter I have seen to this is that some people weren't sure which came first.

Did the low Vitamin D level in serious cases contribute to it being serious or did the Covid infection lower their Vitamin D level?

My answer is "what the hell do I know?".

I just take the D3 because I see no downside.
Old 11-30-2021, 04:48 PM   #27
AndyC

Quote:
I already supplemented with Vitamin D3 before Covid and upped it further when I started reading about the possible benefit against Covid right at the start of the pandemic (I also added in A).

The only counter I have seen to this is that some people weren't sure which came first.

Did the low Vitamin D level in serious cases contribute to it being serious or did the Covid infection lower their Vitamin D level?

My answer is "what the hell do I know?".

I just take the D3 because I see no downside.

I saw some info where a healthcare organization had a large database of patients who had their Vit D levels tested before Covid 19 and the evidence showed that the patients with low levels were far more likely to get infected and have poor consequences. I wish I would have saved a copy of the report but it just confirmed my beliefs so I didn't feel a need to do so.
Old 11-30-2021, 04:59 PM   #28
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

B12 and D3.
I take both, but probably nowhere near a mega does.
What do guys call a mega?
Old 12-01-2021, 05:00 PM   #29
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
B12 and D3.
I'm not sure what's appropriate, but I take a multi vitamin and then throw in extra B12, B6, D3 (50 mcg), A, and krill oil. Then on top of that I occasionally throw in an extra D3 for good measure since Covid.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:58 PM   #30
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
B12 and D3.

The best thing to do is get tested to find out whether or not you are in need of more vitamin D.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: