Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-16-2021, 05:00 AM   #181
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Then, what changed your mind? The prosecution is hanging their feather-hat on supposed provocation to bring down a guilty verdict.
the new hocus pocus out of focus enhanced picture?

self defense does not protect against mob attacks?

davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2021, 07:03 AM   #182
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Provocation never entered my mind when I changed my mind.
You're all wet on this one. In fact, a fair minded DA would never have brought charges in the first place. That's how obvious this one is. Margie is right. There is a real risk that the barbarians are emboldened if he's found guilty.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2021, 08:50 AM   #183
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1POM9Zf7JVc
The kid did show incredible restraint. Most people in his position would have just sprayed bullets at the crowd. He has some seriously good skills.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2021, 12:32 PM   #184
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

Old 11-16-2021, 12:35 PM   #185
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Then, what changed your mind? The prosecution is hanging their feather-hat on supposed provocation to bring down a guilty verdict.
I am basing it on the video and the testimony.
Old 11-16-2021, 12:39 PM   #186
xtb

Quote:
I am basing it on the video and the testimony.
If Kyle does not shoot them, he is dead.
Old 11-16-2021, 12:49 PM   #187
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
The kid did show incredible restraint. Most people in his position would have just sprayed bullets at the crowd. He has some seriously good skills.
Had not already shot someone, the crowd would have been after him. The kid is punk-ass wannbe. He had no business being out there. He is underage and there was curfew. You claim self defense when you put yourself in the situation that you created. The crowd gave him warning-protect your property, get off the street.

Rambo was waving a rifle at people. Isn't that provocation.

And where is the owner of the car lot who hired a 17 year old to protect his property? THIS POS needs to be in jail.

The knew he was too young to own the gun, he knew there was a curfew, he repeatedly lied throughout the night. The only reason he "needed" a gun was for protection from the very situation he willingly and wrongfully put himself in.

Suppose a guy robs a bank and runs down the street. I see him and give chase.
Seeing he has a gun, I grab a skateboard from some kid and swing it at him. He then shoots me.

Is he justified?
Old 11-16-2021, 12:52 PM   #188
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Why would you chase a bank robber who has a gun? Now that's stupid...lol
Old 11-16-2021, 12:53 PM   #189
tucker6

Quote:
Seeing he has a gun, I grab a skateboard from some kid and swing it at him. He then shoots me.

Is he justified?
The short answer is YES
Old 11-16-2021, 12:56 PM   #190
Stevecsd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
The short answer is YES

If the person with the skateboard dies the bank robber could be subject to the felony murder rule. He committed a felony robbing a bank. Shooting someone who is chasing him is related to that felony. So he would not be justified in my mind.
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2021, 12:57 PM   #191
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I don't think he planned to kill anyone, I don't think he is a terrorist. Of course the left wing is totally off base. An immature kid broke curfew, had a weapon he should not have had, and got himself in over his head. This why we don't let kids walk around with guns.

Murder 2 possibly, maybe Man 1.

Both attorneys are liars and both sides of the media are disgusting in their coverage.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:00 PM   #192
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecsd2 View Post
If the person with the skateboard dies the bank robber could be subject to the felony murder rule. He committed a felony robbing a bank. Shooting someone who is chasing him is related to that felony. So he would not be justified in my mind.
The two are unrelated incidents. If the skateboard incident happens right outside the bank, then you may be correct, but all the action in this scenario is a result of the chaser starting a fight long after the perpetrator is gone from the bank. Just because you rob a bank doesn't mean you can't defend yourself against being beaten to death by a skateboard three streets over.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:32 PM   #193
xtb

Quote:
Had not already shot someone, the crowd would have been after him. The kid is punk-ass wannbe. He had no business being out there. He is underage and there was curfew. You claim self defense when you put yourself in the situation that you created. The crowd gave him warning-protect your property, get off the street.

Rambo was waving a rifle at people. Isn't that provocation.

And where is the owner of the car lot who hired a 17 year old to protect his property? THIS POS needs to be in jail.

The knew he was too young to own the gun, he knew there was a curfew, he repeatedly lied throughout the night. The only reason he "needed" a gun was for protection from the very situation he willingly and wrongfully put himself in.

Is he justified?
The crowd was after him before he shot the 5x child rapist when they realized he was not one of them. If Kyle did not shoot the POS, he would certainly be dead or maimed.
The sheriff met with him earlier in the day and knew what his intentions were in protecting the car dealership, but did not tell him he could not.
Kyle was not too young to own a gun, the gun charges were thrown out.

While Kyle Rittenhouse was from "out of state", he was only 20 miles away. His father, grandmother and brother lived in Kenosha and he often stayed with them. He worked in Kenosha as a lifeguard. He spent the afternoon cleaning graffiti from the BLM/antifa animals. The BLM/antifa animals came from 44 different states, they were the ones who had no business being there. This was Kyle Rittenhouse's home and he wanted to do something to help. He had a medical kit that night to help people. Yes, it was dumb to take this on himself, he should have had at least one armed partner and probably a shorter barrel, although the shorter barrel is what saved him from the gun charges.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:39 PM   #194
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
The crowd was after him before he shot the 5x child rapist when they realized he was not one of them. If Kyle did not shoot the POS, he would certainly be dead or maimed.
The sheriff met with him earlier in the day and knew what his intentions were in protecting the car dealership, but did not tell him he could not.
Kyle was not too young to own a gun, the gun charges were thrown out.

While Kyle Rittenhouse was from "out of state", he was only 20 miles away. His father, grandmother and brother lived in Kenosha and he often stayed with them. He worked in Kenosha as a lifeguard. He spent the afternoon cleaning graffiti from the BLM/antifa animals. The BLM/antifa animals came from 44 different states, they were the ones who had no business being there. This was Kyle Rittenhouse's home and he wanted to do something to help. He had a medical kit that night to help people. Yes, it was dumb to take this on himself, he should have had at least one armed partner and probably a shorter barrel, although the shorter barrel is what saved him from the gun charges.
Skin color aside, you sound just like BLM.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:47 PM   #195
xtb

Quote:
Skin color aside, you sound just like BLM.
Sorry to hear that Tom.