Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-12-2021, 12:37 AM   #31
moneyandland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
You made what looks like two $600 show bets on a minus pool paying $2.10 each time....Did they warn you after the first time? Is there any restrictions about this in the "terms of agreement" with your account?

Something doesn't seem right, it's just too small an amount to freeze you out over.
That's exactly the point of the thread. And it wasn't even 600 it was $162 or less 3 times over a month.

Last edited by moneyandland; 07-12-2021 at 12:39 AM.
moneyandland is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2021, 12:44 AM   #32
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyandland View Post
That's exactly the point of the thread. And it wasn't even 600 it was $162 or less 3 times over a month.
You did say they warned you in August of 2020....Guess that warning must be for a year.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2021, 01:23 AM   #33
moneyandland

Quote:
You did say they warned you in August of 2020....Guess that warning must be for a year.
Pretty sure the warning is forever. I was just surprised that the small amounts were enough. I guess no negative wagers means none, well no winning ones at least. I truly wonder how small a bet would trigger this action now. $100? $50?

Last edited by moneyandland; 07-12-2021 at 01:24 AM.
Old 07-12-2021, 08:55 AM   #34
azeri98

Quote:
Pretty sure the warning is forever. I was just surprised that the small amounts were enough. I guess no negative wagers means none, well no winning ones at least. I truly wonder how small a bet would trigger this action now. $100? $50?
Now you know the repercussions. Just don't make the bet anymore if you still want to bet with TVG.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2021, 09:43 AM   #35
classhandicapper

That's a real BS move.

If they are going to bar you from making certain types of bets and winning, they should proactively take those bets off the board. If they were smart, they probably wouldn't want to lose the rest of your action anyway.

I've had that done to me elsewhere. I didn't get barred though. They just took a bet off the board going forward. The funniest thing is that after they took it off the board, the following year they put it back up. I made one bet, cashed, and they took it off the board again.
Old 07-12-2021, 09:46 AM   #36
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
They should pay us to watch Todd.
He tries to be an actor and fails miserably.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2021, 09:56 AM   #37
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
That's a real BS move.

If they are going to bar you from making certain types of bets and winning, they should proactively take those bets off the board. If they were smart, they probably wouldn't want to lose the rest of your action anyway.

I've had that done to me elsewhere. I didn't get barred though. They just took a bet off the board going forward. The funniest thing is that after they took it off the board, the following year they put it back up. I made one bet, cashed, and they took it off the board again.
maybe we can now understand why this board offers off-topic. if people stop playing horses we can run too off-topic to argue.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2021, 10:27 AM   #38
usfgeology

It's funny watching DraftKings (daily fantasy sports and sportsbetting) offers promotions where they are guaranteed to lose money. People flock to their services, they (DraftKings) take a hit but gains tons of long term customers who think they are pro's b/c they max bet an NBA game where the favorite was getting 50 points.

Idiots like TVG try slight-of-hand maneuvers - like showing the payouts for $10 win bets instead of just the odds to juice the action - then pull this garbage?

I keep a nickel in my TVG account so I can watch via Hulu on *mute*. That's about all they are good for anymore but I'll wager through almost any other ADW.
usfgeology is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2021, 11:56 AM   #39
MonmouthParkJoe

Quote:
FALSE, The ADW offered the wager as it was on its menu, NYRA Bets routinely eliminates the option to make a show wager on potential minus pools. TVG chooses to put the onus on the bettor to determine if the pool has the potential to be negative. That's my issue with this. IF A WAGER is available on the board it's not my responsibility to determine if it will effect the bottom line of the bet taker. The problem is it's not my wager making the pool negative so how is it my responsibility to have to determine that and then say oh sorry I don't want the good people at TVG running a business to take a loss so I better forgo my own winnings for the sake of Big Business.

If they don't want me to bet it, be proactive and turn off that wager like NYRA Bets does. Don't have bean counters scan bets 2 weeks after there made and say oh you know what we didn't profit on every bet made we made 14% of 3700 but twice we had to pay $30 and that means our profits weren't as high as they could be the whole while neglecting the fact that I wouldn't of bet the 3700 in other bets if I don't make all the plays

I would totally understand if the only bets I was making on the platform were large minus pool wagers.

Bingo.

All they would have to do is remove the pool from the wagering menu that could potentially create the minus pool.

TVG has grown significantly since Covid and replaced Twinspires as the largest ADW for 2020 domestically. $2.46 billion in 2020 up from $1.25 billion in 2019.

They are literally printing money, and I can even get a live operator for my NJBets account

Yet
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2021, 02:09 PM   #40
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Something doesn't seem right, it's just too small an amount to freeze you out over.
Exactly what I thought. If they are tracking this at that level, what the hell is next?
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2021, 02:14 PM   #41
affirmedny

Quote:
I got a call on Saturday 7/10 at 7pm EST and voice mail left stated account was terminated and I was warned against creating negative pools in august of 2020. I tried to upload my bet history for last 2 months but the pdf they sent me as slightly larger than allowed. I made 3 bets in the 2 weeks prior of $137, $147, and $162 that paid minimum. I'm not even sure if the pools were in fact negative. All other bets were ok.
What do you collect on a $162 bet that pays minimum? $8, $16?
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2021, 02:17 PM   #42
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by affirmedny View Post
What do you collect on a $162 bet that pays minimum? $8, $16?
$8.10 if minimum is 2.10, double if 2.20.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2021, 09:12 PM   #43
moneyandland

If $137 bets result in closed accounts how is it possible for these huge sums to bet. CT Race 5 currently 5 mins to post has a 100,000 plc and 84,000 show negative pools.
Old 07-24-2021, 05:32 AM   #44
omar2

Angry

First of all let me say that if ANYONE has a need to bet a horse that pays $2.10, DON'T QUIT YOUR DAY JOB, just beg your employer to let you work overtime. THE GOAL OF THIS GAME IN CASE YOU FORGOT IS TO INVEST THE MINIMUM TO MAKE THE MAXIMUM AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!
That being said, the fact that TVG won't sign a contract with the premier tracks: Belmont/Saratoga/Churchill Downs, tells you they're cash strapped, not to mention all the announcers they've terminated. I've been betting with XPRESSBET it seems like forever, no trouble watching tracks in real time ,money back specials and contests if that's your thing. This may sound silly to you but the reason I don't play contests is: I PLAY THE RACES THAT I WANT TO PLAY AND NOT SHELL OUT A DIME TO SOMEONE TO HAVE ME PLAY RACES THAT THEY WANT ME TO PLAY! MOST IMPORTANTLY WHEN YOU BET, YOU SHOULD GET PAID OUT IN A TIMELY MANNER, NO ANDS, IFS OR BUTS!

Last edited by omar2; 07-24-2021 at 05:41 AM.
omar2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2021, 09:27 AM   #45
Jayhawk6191
Having Fun

The internet delivers
Jayhawk6191 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: