Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:53 PM   #7156
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey11 View Post
one hour martinizing i LIKE IT .one hour programing ILL BUY IT vg NCG. ps just rember a p 4 is the same as the old twin double just without the exchange
Loved this bet, along with the Big Q...Deal making under pressure with other exchange holders...
Old 05-25-2021, 08:44 PM   #7157
sharkey11

ya replay i rember a few guys that were crying after there deal and a couple that were very happy with the deal they made grabing 5 figure scores
Old 05-25-2021, 10:36 PM   #7158
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80 View Post
Greg- there was a program "at the races pro" (ATR pro) that does just that. I think it is still available.
You know, Mike...someone else also mentioned that very program. I went to the website...yes, it's very cool. Now I remember why I didn't download it the first time: I COULDN'T!
The install file opened up--then just froze. So at that time I assumed they closed up shop, like many software vendors do--and didn't bother to let anyone know.

Okay...so Tonight I go ahead and try again--again, the install file wouldn't budge. But with no prompting, after about 3 minutes, it just started up. When finished, it said the program was installed:
FILES-0
BYTES-0
REGISTRY ENTRIES-25

Alright, whatever...then it says to click on another link to get the latest version...so I get this:

Okay so now I'm getting flashbacks of my dealings with Joe Z.(Lefty will get a chuckle out of that)

I didn't send any email yet--and am rapidly losing interest in this, as good as it sounds. Also, I'm wondering why no one seems to have this program, or even mentions this seemingly fantastic software.

If one person says "Greg, yes it's kind of a hassle at first, but I know once you get it going you'll love it. I use it every day"
-- I'll go ahead with whatever I need to do to get it.

Oh...and it's not the money, either. I think they charge about $100 a year for it, which is peanuts nowadays--so that's not a problem.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:13 PM   #7159
headhawg
crusty old guy

I have no interest in the ATR Pro but I installed the main program and the update for the hell of it. Worked fine for me. Try running the install program as an administrator and use the default location: c:\Program Files (x86)\. Using Windows 10 Home.
Old 05-26-2021, 12:57 PM   #7160
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

For the Finger Lakes aficionados...here's the BEST-FIVE Consensus:

Old 05-26-2021, 01:01 PM   #7161
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Hey Greg, take a look at Delaware....I see some good prices there today...
Old 05-26-2021, 01:17 PM   #7162
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I tried to check Delaware, but XB evidently won't list that track (therefor no betting)

You know...I should go back to TwinSpires-someone mentioned they have greatly improved recently.
Old 05-26-2021, 02:46 PM   #7163
oughtoh

I think we should start calling you Mr. Pick4 after the big hit today at Finger Lakes. Wish I would have seen it sooner, but then it probably would not have hit. Rather see everyone win.
Old 05-26-2021, 05:14 PM   #7164
Jayhawk6191
Having Fun

Greg- Why do horses not get a Platinum Power # if they have raced within 50 days?
Old 05-26-2021, 06:41 PM   #7165
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk6191 View Post
Greg- Why do horses not get a Platinum Power # if they have raced within 50 days?
Jay here's a horse with no power number from the 8th today @ Finger Lakes, and his entry mate who did have one:

Old 05-27-2021, 10:41 AM   #7166
Jayhawk6191
Having Fun

Thanks for the clarification
Old 05-27-2021, 10:16 PM   #7167
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Howdy all...anyone win anything today? I didn't do much, but did hear from some that did.

I mentioned previously the EXOTIC BETS! program is HOT! That program was on the shelf for at least a year--we couldn't figure out what to do with it, really.
There has to be a "theme" or specific purpose for the program--we finally decided on devising something for exotic betting...the result was Exotic Bets! We sold some copies right off the bat--then the excitement quickly dies down. I probably averaged about 1 sale a month of this program--probably because I didn't explain it very well, on the website.

So I decided to do some more research on this...and was astounded at the success and winners the "ABILITY" rating produced. I went to town on pick-4's, playing and posting the winners (appx 5K in that week). More copies were sold in this month of May--than were purchased at any time previously--total.

A gentleman named Jim, who just bought the program yesterday--gave me a call to ask a few questions. He's a PA member who reads this thread regularly, so he knows what's what and who's who.

Anyway we talked this morning for a good while, then this evening I get this email:

Old 05-28-2021, 07:48 PM   #7168
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

There are a few of us here in a little Pace-View group. They help me out with testing methods, etc. We also send out old programs, paper/pencil methods from yesteryear, spot plays, and so on. Some of that older stuff is quite interesting. I kid you not--one of the best paper/pencil method authors is a guy named Dick Johnson. I can't even type that name without chuckling

I received something that was put out by Dave Powers (of RPM fame) maybe 25 years ago...POWER HANDICAPPING 2. After reading most of this, was- for some reason, kind of surprised at Power's handicapping acumen. This man knows his craft, I assure you.

I don't know what is included in POWER HANDICAPPING-1...never saw it.
So this was from the mid 90's, Powers has a quote in his Maiden Section from the well-known Joe Takach:

"I've never made ten cents betting maidens over time. Simply put-if maidens were any good-they wouldn't be maidens. You can beat a "single" maiden race. But no, I seriously doubt anyone can do it, day in and day out"

Keep in mind, this was a few years ago--if Joe posted that today, it PROBABLY would have been deleted in a hurry.

I did like that line "If maidens were any good-they WOULDN'T BE MAIDENS"
Old 05-28-2021, 07:55 PM   #7169
Vinnie

Kind of like Sterling Archer's Benoit Balls. Can't say the name Benoit without following up with the obligatory "BALLS"!!

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Old 05-29-2021, 04:12 PM   #7170
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

EXOTIC BETS! keeps on rolling

Closed Thread