Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 09-05-2017, 09:08 PM   #16
Stick

By the way. The horse went inside three straight pylons in a row after the half. Watch the replay again. Of course the steward might have some magical view that only he and God can see.
Stick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2017, 07:38 AM   #17
DSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick View Post
Lets think about this moronic rule for a second. I guy on the lead can have both wheels of his bike instead two, but not three pylons and stay up if he is not lapped on. In fact, he can cut across part of the infield ( maybe the grass) if he can get back in time before the third pylon. A horse stuck on the rail in the lane can go completely inside the last two pylons before the finish as long as he can get far enough ahead that he is not lapped on. Meanwhile, at Mohawk, if one wheel goes completely inside the pylon while looking for room up the inside in the lane he is a DQ. I think an apology is owed to the bettors who have no idea from race to race and track to track when pylon violations will go for or against them.
The more you talk, the dumber you sound.

The problem with your stupid example is that it would be governed by another rule.

If a horse has both wheels inside a pylon, that is LEAVING THE COURSE. In your example, the horse in question would have gained an unfair advantage and would be disqualified and placed last. Duh.

Mohawk is not only a different jurisdiction, it's in another country. Drivers should know the rules of the track they're racing at.

If you don't like the new pylon rule, call the USTA.
DSB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2017, 07:52 AM   #18
Stick

Okay . Not both wheels inside. How about 90% of the bike inside and one wheel just barely on the track. According to you a driver could do this every race for two pylons. What a joke.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:46 AM   #19
DSB

Quote:
Okay . Not both wheels inside. How about 90% of the bike inside and one wheel just barely on the track. According to you a driver could do this every race for two pylons. What a joke.
First off, I never said anything like that. That's a figment of your fertile imagination.

The judges would certainly Dq a horse that saved ground in the way YOU describe.

The comment on the chart would most likely be "Placed last for gaining an unfair advantage while inside the pylons."

You've proved a couple of things in this discussion:

1. You know nothing about the rules of the sport.

2. The way you keep coming up with absurd examples means you've lost the argument.

Quit before you get farther behind.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #20
Stick

I won't resort to name calling or anything personal about intelligence. Let me ask you a few questions. You say the judges would certainly take a horse down for being 90% inside the pylons. What about 75%? What about half the bike inside the pylons? Who determines this mysterious gained an advantage? You will come to realize there is no consistent pylon rule. I will leave you with this and then you can call someone else names tomorrow that disagrees with you. The pylons are for safety. There is no reason except for safety that a driver should go inside the pylons. If they called it this way the drivers would no longer do it and everyone looking at an inquiry would know right away if the horse should come down.

Last edited by Stick; 09-06-2017 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:18 PM   #21
DSB

Judges are there... wait for it.... to judge. Questions of whether or not something happened, didn't happen, affected, didn't affect, etc. are under their jurisdiction.

Discretion:

1.The power or right to decide or act according to one's own judgment; freedom of judgment or choice.

If you have a hard time accepting discretionary rulings by those who are empowered to give them, maybe you ought to find another game.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:40 PM   #22
Stick

You do a great job of avoiding the questions you don't have answers to. Maybe you can have another imaginary conversation with that steward and get back to me. Enjoy that deuce you had on the 3/5 shot.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:08 PM   #23
DSB

Quote:
You do a great job of avoiding the questions you don't have answers to. Maybe you can have another imaginary conversation with that steward and get back to me. Enjoy that deuce you had on the 3/5 shot.
You can call them if you want. They will tell you exactly what they told me.

You just can't accept that you're wrong and don't know what you're talking about.

By the way, harness racing has judges, t-bred racing has stewards.

No charge for the education.

Also, I didn't bet the race, for your information. I just don't like to see my hometown track and its judges trashed for no reason.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:13 PM   #24
Stick

Still no answers?
Old 09-06-2017, 08:22 PM   #25
Stick

What amount of the bike has to be inside the pylon to gain an unfair advantage?
1/3?
1/2?
3/4?

Just answer!
Old 09-06-2017, 08:29 PM   #26
DSB

Quote:
What amount of the bike has to be inside the pylon to gain an unfair advantage?
1/3?
1/2?
3/4?

Just answer!
You are dumber than a box of rocks! And a piss poor reader to boot!

It's a DISCRETIONARY call by the judges! Geez! give it up, dude. You're just making a fool out of yourself now...
Old 09-06-2017, 08:36 PM   #27
Stick

I thought you mentioned earlier that if the horse was 90% inside it was an automatic DQ. Doesn't sound discretionary to me. Make up your mind.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:52 PM   #28
DSB

Quote:
I thought you mentioned earlier that if the horse was 90% inside it was an automatic DQ. Doesn't sound discretionary to me. Make up your mind.
Dipstick.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:29 PM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSB View Post
Dipstick.
Keep calling people names...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2017, 02:09 PM   #30
DSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Keep calling people names...
Is it okay to call someone a liar? Because that's what was done to me.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: