Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 08-31-2011, 08:09 PM   #151
DeanT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover1
I'm sure the first thing they want to see is if she might have bled.....stopped just like one that does. Or she stuck 'em in after getting roughed up, and that aint top stock, but a rank filly.
I'm sure you've been there 1000 times. Half the time you have no idea why they go bad and whether it's one time, or a trend.

I don't envy trainers.

Aside, we had one guy once and he was happy go lucky. The horse would race like a mess, coming sixth or seventh as chalk, and he would just say "oh well, seems okay; we'll put him in and see what happens". My partner and I would be "what?!?". Half the time he'd be right. The horse just had one of those days.
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2011, 08:32 PM   #152
Hanover1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanT
I'm sure you've been there 1000 times. Half the time you have no idea why they go bad and whether it's one time, or a trend.

I don't envy trainers.

Aside, we had one guy once and he was happy go lucky. The horse would race like a mess, coming sixth or seventh as chalk, and he would just say "oh well, seems okay; we'll put him in and see what happens". My partner and I would be "what?!?". Half the time he'd be right. The horse just had one of those days.
Fillies in particular can roll that way. One that shows a model of consistency as she has, does make one wonder, but
I suspect we have zeroed in on her issue of late. A track that does not favor speed, a wicked 1/2, running into the gate, losing momentum leaving from outside post, and walking home like she bled or tired either mentally or physically. A horrendus trip however we hand her excuses out. One would tend to believe she would bounce right back asuming we hear nothing the next few days. Bet they don't give her to long to dwell on it if she is sound.
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2011, 11:08 PM   #153
Robert Fischer
clean money

forgive me if i repeat something, as I wasn't able to skim each post, but did get most of them...

TRIP NOTES-
  1. Sonny mentioned SYAP may have bumped the gate during the start. It was hard for me to see, but if she didn't actually touch it- she certainly had to check slightly losing her momentum. Treat it the same as you would a slight bump into the gate w/ nose... little bit of a loss of momentum, maybe a bit of a test of composure, didn't look like any serious injury, but serious in terms of what transpired
  2. The 9 post. There are post position stats and all that good stuff, but in this case with this track, the Post Position indicates a track bias that is built into the track's configuration. At the meadows a horse can win just as easily from the 9 post IF (and only IF) the following conditions are True = The horse must have sufficeint early speed, AND the horse must Clear and have the rail(or there will be the rare odd times the sea parts for 2nd or something in a relatively effortless move) going into the 1st Turn. If a 9post horse doesn't meet these 2 conditions, he loses significant lengths at the start of the race.
  3. NOTE the Cascading Failure that is taking place: (CHECK@START, MUST USE EARLY(post9)) NOW the Foxy Lady uses horse all the way to the 1st turn! SYAP is asked hard to get the lead from pst9 and doesn't get over to the rail until the 1ST TURN has already started (2path entering turn).
  4. FINAL TRIP FACTORS = Now we've already had a start that was bad enough to take a conservative(lowish estimate) 3 lengths below par. These kind of estimates are nothing better than guesses at time - they can be less of a factor than they appear, and sometimes(maybe here) they can be a couple lengths Harder on a horse like SYAP because when the pack gets to run down speed they tend to pile on at the end... Brings Us to the FINAL FACTORS - the Next significant trip note here is Johannson's decision to NOT give SYAP a rest going in and around the 2nd turn. Typically at MEA, you will see jockeys milking that 2nd turn when they are fortunate enough to be on the lead. A guy like T. Hall who may not be among their elite leaders, does fairly well in those scenarios. The point is that Johannson sure didn't ride the 2nd turn like the locals do. That lack of rest left SYAP even more exposed(and she already was exposed after that horrible start) entering the stretch, which can be one of the more fair finishing finishing tracks in harness racing. --HOWEVER we have to try to be comprehensive. If we watch the race develop approaching the 2nd turn, the IDYLLIC goes first over without cover making up ground. If we had seen a typical ride that suits the track - there is a fair chance that the contests for the lead right there and possibly takes it. David Miller may even have been anticipating this. We also have to say that at the better class of horses, the jockeys may be less comfortable slowing a race down. Tough final move to really do much more than guess and think out loud. If it had worked maybe the flattens out a little bit. Obviously it didn't work and the had a ton of horse.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #154
sonnyp

in my ho, syap faced a tougher scenario than she had seen before, but in addition to that, idyllic was a "different horse" with a MUCH IMPROVED performance.

i've given my opinion on that.
sonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #155
mrroyboy

Guys I am tired of all these remarks about SeeyouatPeelers. She is a champion with all heart. She raced against some of the toughest fillys in Harness Racing. She won 20+ races all at different tracks. She is the best filly racing today and should be horse of the year!!!! I just hope there is nothing seriously wrong with her.
mrroyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #156
pandy

Takter confirmed today that she came out of the race well and there is nothing wrong with her, she is racing this weekend at Tioga in a NYSS. There was nothing wrong with her in her last start either, she got just used hard leaving and grabbed onto the bit too much, which is not unusual.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #157
sonnyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
Takter confirmed today that she came out of the race well and there is nothing wrong with her, she is racing this weekend at Tioga in a NYSS. There was nothing wrong with her in her last start either, she got just used hard leaving and grabbed onto the bit too much, which is not unusual.

just curious...did he say who would drive ?
Old 09-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #158
pandy

I believe Marcus is driving. I hope SYAP and all of the top fillies are in good shape for the Breeders Crown at Woodbine. That's going to be some race.

Last edited by pandy; 09-01-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #159
sonnyp

Quote:
I believe Marcus is driving. I hope SYAP and all of the top fillies are in good shape for the Breeders Crown at Woodbine. That's going to be some race.

has harness racing regained its sanity and put all the breeders crown races together at one track to create a media event, or are they still doing the ridiculous and racing each division at a different track ?
Old 09-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #160
trp

Weekend Preview quotes Takter as saying Jim Morrill will drive Sunday.
trp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #161
sonnyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by trp
Weekend Preview quotes Takter as saying Jim Morrill will drive Sunday.

that's a tough deal...johansson is takter's son-in-law
Old 09-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #162
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyp
has harness racing regained its sanity and put all the breeders crown races together at one track to create a media event, or are they still doing the ridiculous and racing each division at a different track ?

Last year the B. Crown was at Pocono and it was fantastic, outstanding races and no speed bias, nice crowd. I bet on SYAP, Big Jim, and Manofmanymissions and they all won. This year I believe all the races are on one night again and it should be great at Woodbine, although I won't be attending this year. Too bad it's not broadcast in high def.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #163
grant miller

see you at peelers

Thank god that jim m. got the drive on peelers back-Im going to toga party sun night to watch her start n new winning streek, alot of harness people dont know how many NEW fans she has gained atleast in upstate N.Y. hope the industry dont screw this up J.M.O.-GO PEELERS!
grant miller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #164
Hanover1

Quote:
Last year the B. Crown was at Pocono and it was fantastic, outstanding races and no speed bias, nice crowd. I bet on SYAP, Big Jim, and Manofmanymissions and they all won. This year I believe all the races are on one night again and it should be great at Woodbine, although I won't be attending this year. Too bad it's not broadcast in high def.
Considering Manofmanymissions was an AE, barely got in, lightly raced, and paid, what $50.00 to win? Nice cash.......
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #165
pandy

Manofmanymissions paid $28 and change in the Crown. I only bet $10 on him because he was odds on to break stride. But I had to put something on him because his elimination was absolutely amazing, broke three times and still qualified for the final, made a sensational brush in the backstretch after one of his breaks. In the final he didn't get a recorded break but he actually did break stride at the sixteenth pole but Andy Miller quickly got him back on stride, threw the reins up for one last chance and got up by a nose.