Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 12-28-2020, 12:13 PM   #1
theshadow

New DRF Formulator charts

Anyone know how we'll be able to access DRF Formulator charts other than in a horses running line once Flash ends December 31 and DRF Formulator Legacy PPs will no longer be accessible?

I am not talking about access to the PDF charts that are available with DRF Plus Pro

In DRF Formulator Legacy there is a dropdown menu named Charts and Graphs where you can click on a calendar to access any track on any date. As far as I can see, no such menu/calendar exists in the New DRF Formulator.

The only way I see to access charts is in a horse pps running line. When that pp shows up you can then scan the other race charts for the other races on that previous day's card. But you can't switch dates or tracks.

The new DRF Formulator is a huge improvement but this is one thing that is lacking, namely access to ALL previous days Formulator charts
theshadow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2020, 01:11 PM   #2
classhandicapper

If you go to the PPs section, there is a calendar that allows you to go to the PPs for back race cards that will also contain the chart at the top of the PPs. So you get the chart and PPs of the horses together. I'm not sure how far back the archive goes.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 12-28-2020 at 01:13 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2020, 03:54 PM   #3
theshadow

New Formulator answer worked well

Thanks, So far, so good... tried it on the 4 Formulators (GP and SA) that I $1 upgraded to this weekend, and it worked! Not unlike the Legacy Formulator, less visible, but it worked.

So, at least I now see the new way I will have to do it to see my past purchased New Formulators.

Unfortunately, it cost me a DRF PP credit (I have tons) when I clicked on a November Churchill card. And, obviously since I hadn't upgraded, there were no charts.

With the Legacy Formulator all you need is to have one Formulator open. Then, you can slide over to Charts and Graphs, click and choose from Moss, charts, Beyer Graphs and scratchboard.

If you choose "charts" a calendar opens up, you click on any date and any track and you get the Formulator type charts....without extra cost. It's kind of a work around that they probably didn't care about for now. Try it if you haven't

So, I'm wondering, besides the calendar that you mentioned for choosing back-date pps, do you know if there is a calendar for charts inside the New Formulator similar to the Legacy Formulator?
Old 12-28-2020, 04:02 PM   #4
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
So, I'm wondering, besides the calendar that you mentioned for choosing back-date pps, do you know if there is a calendar for charts inside the New Formulator similar to the Legacy Formulator?
As far as I know, there isn't.

It's unfortunate you got charged for the extra card. I hadn't even thought about that possibility because I have an unlimited annual subscription.
Old 12-28-2020, 06:59 PM   #5
theshadow

Smile New Formulator thoughts

Thanks, you've done enough.

I scratch it out by earning credits but they cut me off at 100. Down to 34 now, but rising!

I've looked up some go-arounds for when Flash Player goes away...I'll check it out....
Thanks a lot
Old 12-28-2020, 11:59 PM   #6
SG4

Sorry to change up the pace of the original poster here, but besides formulator are there any other racing related sites that seem to depend on flash that make you worry about how they'll perform with the end-of-life date approaching for flash? One I saw is that it seems like Calracing.com replays are still flash based.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 12:19 AM   #7
theshadow

Flash

Let's keep our fingers crossed we'll find a flash solution
Old 12-29-2020, 01:29 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4 View Post
Sorry to change up the pace of the original poster here, but besides formulator are there any other racing related sites that seem to depend on flash that make you worry about how they'll perform with the end-of-life date approaching for flash? One I saw is that it seems like Calracing.com replays are still flash based.
Who knows what evil lurks in a world without FLASH?

The SHADOW knows!

Last edited by Tom; 12-29-2020 at 01:31 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 01:39 PM   #9
mountainman

Ok, guys..it's tech-dullard dinosaur time. When formulator no longer supports flash player, what must I download to use it??
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 02:10 PM   #10
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
Ok, guys..it's tech-dullard dinosaur time. When formulator no longer supports flash player, what must I download to use it??
Nothing.

Just go to Handicapping and PPs from the DRF homepage and select a race card. You'll get the new version. The problem is that Flash is going away. So a new Formulator had to be developed.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 12-29-2020 at 02:12 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 02:31 PM   #11
theshadow

Cool The Flash

We wont be safe in a world without The Flash...Let's ask Lamont Cranston!
Old 12-29-2020, 02:38 PM   #12
theshadow

new formulator better

You really will like new formulator better. Especially when doing breeding research. The Sibling Summary and Sire stats were especially unwieldly in Legacy Formulator.

One function I liked in Legacy was that I could reduce the size of the PPs to about 2/3 wide which I haven't figured out yet in new...but I download the pps with my trip notes, etc to my tablet anyway
Old 12-29-2020, 02:53 PM   #13
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
You really will like new formulator better. Especially when doing breeding research. The Sibling Summary and Sire stats were especially unwieldly in Legacy Formulator.

One function I liked in Legacy was that I could reduce the size of the PPs to about 2/3 wide which I haven't figured out yet in new...but I download the pps with my trip notes, etc to my tablet anyway
You can use the "zoom' feature of the browser to tweak it a bit, but at certain extremes it might not be as readable. I usually keep mine at 110%, but it really depends on the size of your monitor and if you open up the window the whole way so it covers the full monitor or just partially. It's a personal preference thing I guess. Play around with it until you find what you like.

(the zoom feature is usually in the upper right under the 3 bars or 3 dots or something like that depending on the browser).
Old 12-29-2020, 04:06 PM   #14
theshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
You can use the "zoom' feature of the browser to tweak it a bit, but at certain extremes it might not be as readable. I usually keep mine at 110%, but it really depends on the size of your monitor and if you open up the window the whole way so it covers the full monitor or just partially. It's a personal preference thing I guess. Play around with it until you find what you like.

(the zoom feature is usually in the upper right under the 3 bars or 3 dots or something like that depending on the browser).
I like the reduced size to 80% to see more pps and your suggestion worked. What I didn't know was ONLY that tab is affected and my betting and research tabs remain at 100% Should have it all ironed out by Jan1!
Old 12-30-2020, 07:13 PM   #15
theshadow

More New Formulator good news

Of course I should've known this , but THIS new Formulator CAN portray on a tablet... unlike the Legacy which used Flash. I have been successful loading it on my Samsung tablet, but , for some reason, wont load on my ASUS tablet.

In landscape view on my Samsung it is just about a 1/8 inch too wide which cuts off the very end of the DRF comments (enough shows to click for video) and my notes. There is a scroll bar at bottom which allows seeing the edges of both sides but on my device is a bit sticky. Scrolling up and down is sticky as well. In fact, even on my laptop and desktop for this new formulator, the navigation sometimes is very sticky. For instance, in new Formulator on my laptop and desktop I often have to repeatedly click on "Notes" to get that to drop down. This was never a problem on the Legacy Formulator.

Back to tablet navigation... In my Samsung Galaxy Tab A I've gone in to settings to try to reduce screen size to 95%. Also have tried pinching screen.

Any ideas how to slightly reduce screen so that entire width of Formulator pps fit on tablet screen?

Tags
new drf formulator