Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-28-2020, 01:02 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 69,632
MN lawmakers say COVID deaths could be inflated by 40% after reviewing death certs

Wow, how shocking....

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...esota-inflated

Quote:
“I have other examples where COVID isn’t the underlying cause of death, where we have a fall. Another example is we have a freshwater drowning. We have dementia. We have a stroke and multiorgan failure,” Franson said in the video.

She added that in one case, a person who was ejected from a car was “counted as a COVID death” because the virus was in his system.

Franson said she and a team reviewed 2,800 “death certificate data points” and found that about 800 of them did not have the virus as the underlying cause of death.
How could this be? These are DOCTORS recording these things, right?

I sure hope these lawmakers are wrong somehow. I certainly don't want to hear how the system has misled us....
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2020, 04:28 PM   #2
tucker6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Wow, how shocking....

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...esota-inflated

How could this be? These are DOCTORS recording these things, right?

I sure hope these lawmakers are wrong somehow. I certainly don't want to hear how the system has misled us....
The good ole foot doctor #46 says you're wrong. There's science behind how it's done. It doesn't change just because of covid. 20% higher pay rates for calling it covid can't make a doctor or hospital dishonest. It's silly thinking on your part.

I think the motorcycle accident proved this point some months ago. Common knowledge from anyone who has ever read a death certificate showed that the standards had been changed to slant toward covid. So I guess we're still south of 200,000 deaths. Correct?? This also means covid is less deadly than the flu.

Of course, windbag will be along shortly stating that it was not peer reviewed by epidemiologists at Johns Hopkins and such and therefore not reliable.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2020, 06:09 PM   #3
46zilzal
velocitician
 
46zilzal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 23,912
Does that make them disappear??

Having read many a certificate, it is ALWAYS difficult to say how much the ACUTE illness played out in the death as compared to the chronicity of a parallel pathology.
__________________
"If this world is all about winners, what's for the losers?" Jr. Bonner: "Well somebody's got to hold the horses Ace."

Last edited by 46zilzal; 12-28-2020 at 06:10 PM.
46zilzal is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2020, 06:11 PM   #4
46zilzal
velocitician
 
46zilzal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 23,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
The good ole foot doctor #46 says you're wrong. There's science behind how it's done. It doesn't change just because of covid. 20% higher pay rates for calling it covid can't make a doctor or hospital dishonest. It's silly thinking on your part.

I think the motorcycle accident proved this point some months ago. Common knowledge from anyone who has ever read a death certificate showed that the standards had been changed to slant toward covid. So I guess we're still south of 200,000 deaths. Correct?? This also means covid is less deadly than the flu.

Of course, windbag will be along shortly stating that it was not peer reviewed by epidemiologists at Johns Hopkins and such and therefore not reliable.
PROVE IT
__________________
"If this world is all about winners, what's for the losers?" Jr. Bonner: "Well somebody's got to hold the horses Ace."
46zilzal is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2020, 06:35 PM   #5
46zilzal
velocitician
 
46zilzal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 23,912
Pay raise of faking a death certificate??? THat is the first step toward losing your license...

Are you nuts? every actually work in a hospital?

A death certificate is a MEDICO-LEGAL document and with the surge of ambulance chasers hanging in the weeds these days, faking one would be taking HUGE risks
__________________
"If this world is all about winners, what's for the losers?" Jr. Bonner: "Well somebody's got to hold the horses Ace."
46zilzal is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2020, 07:14 PM   #6
BIG RED
NEVER FORGET
 
BIG RED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bettorthaneverstreet, Boston
Posts: 6,443
I remember seeing the beginning of this, like he said, was just a few cases that started the ball rolling. A point the dr makes is what it is all about

For 17 years, the CDC document that guides us as physicians to do death certificates has stood, but this year, we were told, through the Department of Health and the CDC, that the rules were changing if COVID-19 was involved.”

“If it’s COVID-19, we’re told now it doesn’t matter if it was actually the diagnosis that caused death. If someone had it, they died of it,” he said.

Period! If you don't, byby licence
__________________
"Remember the time you rat-holed the 5 dollar bill...."


...as I lied down last night and looked up at the moon and stars, I said to myself, where the hell did my ceiling go
BIG RED is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2020, 08:55 PM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 69,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Pay raise of faking a death certificate??? THat is the first step toward losing your license...

Are you nuts? every actually work in a hospital?

A death certificate is a MEDICO-LEGAL document and with the surge of ambulance chasers hanging in the weeds these days, faking one would be taking HUGE risks
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

What rock are you living under dude?

You actually think ANY doctor who puts COVID-19 down as cause of death would suffer ANY repercussions? Even if COVID-19 didn't cause the death of the patient (but they were positive for the virus).

You claim to be smart, but you write with the mind of a simpleton.
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2020, 10:44 PM   #8
Fred Mertz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post

Are you nuts? every [sic] actually work in a hospital?

My sister works in a hospital (food service) and fellow workers talk. She is convinced that Covid numbers are inflated and gave me several examples.


Heck, when our dumb ass governor gives his daily body count numbers by name, nearly all of them are over age 75 or so.
Fred Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 07:41 AM   #9
tucker6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Mertz View Post
Heck, when our dumb ass governor gives his daily body count numbers by name, nearly all of them are over age 75 or so.
Shouldn’t citizens and their families expect some level of privacy when they die? Isn’t that a HIPAA violation? Yes, it is a HIPAA violation. I have no right to know that Joe from down the street died of the China flu. Same as me not having the right to know they died of kidney failure. Why doesn’t the governor name all those people too?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 08:52 AM   #10
Redboard
$2 Showbettor
 
Redboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: The Villages
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Shouldn’t citizens and their families expect some level of privacy when they die? Isn’t that a HIPAA violation? Yes, it is a HIPAA violation. I have no right to know that Joe from down the street died of the China flu. Same as me not having the right to know they died of kidney failure. Why doesn’t the governor name all those people too?
Because kidney failure deaths are not Donald Trump's fault.
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 09:31 AM   #11
tucker6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
Because kidney failure deaths are not Donald Trump's fault.
They should be. They died on his watch. He should have had more dialysis machines. He could have used Warp Speed to develop anti kidney failure medicine. I stubbed my big toe yesterday. Trump’s ultimately responsible for that as well. Biden will fix everything
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 12:09 PM   #12
classhandicapper
Registered User
 
classhandicapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 16,692
I don't think adding that a patient was Covid positive to the death certificate is faking or lying about anything. It's probably useful information.

However, if someone else added that death to the count of total Covid caused deaths just because it was on the death certificate that would be a problem if it wasn't actually the cause or a major contributor to the death.

If someone was in hospice with multiple organ failures or cancer and given around a week to live and suddenly came up Covid positive and died in 4 days, who the hell knows what caused the death. Adding a car accident victim or something like that to the count would be idiotic.

The idea here is to track Covid but also understand the true death rates and counts.
__________________
"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned." Fast Eddie Felson
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 12:30 PM   #13
tucker6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I don't think adding that a patient was Covid positive to the death certificate is faking or lying about anything. It's probably useful information.

However, if someone else added that death to the count of total Covid caused deaths just because it was on the death certificate that would be a problem if it wasn't actually the cause or a major contributor to the death.

If someone was in hospice with multiple organ failures or cancer and given around a week to live and suddenly came up Covid positive and died in 4 days, who the hell knows what caused the death. Adding a car accident victim or something like that to the count would be idiotic.

The idea here is to track Covid but also understand the true death rates and counts.
The problem is that govt added money into the equation. Let me ask you this. A guy comes into the ER as a car accident victim. He dies on arrival. Why would he even be tested for covid at all except that if he's positive that means an extra 20% in the hospital's pockets? These circumstances have happened. It's not right.

As to the question you posed, there is an answer. If someone has cancer and has a few days to live, anything natural that kills them will be assigned as complications from cancer. Natural being pneumonia, a cold, the flu, pulmonary embolism, or covid. Unnatural would be drug overdose, suicide, car accident, or murder.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
How would 12 mins between races effect your play?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2021 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.