Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-16-2017, 05:58 PM   #16
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Ha ha. And I had a HUGE (Trumpish) Exacta on Exaggerator and Suddenbreakingnews. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Last edited by Lemon Drop Husker; 04-16-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2017, 06:03 PM   #17
boys at tosconova

note to admin:

go to settings

find the one related to images and and only let them be so big so that horizontal scrolling doesn't come into play...

you can set it if somebody posts a 3000x3000 image it will default to whatever size you select

1200x1200 should work...lol

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 04-16-2017 at 06:05 PM.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2017, 06:07 PM   #18
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Ha ha. And I had a HUGE (Trumpish) Exacta on Exaggerator and Suddenbreakingnews. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

ihad those horses as well.

i'm going to really limit my closers this year. and if i pick one i want to make sure he's not in the back/back
Old 04-16-2017, 06:11 PM   #19
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Man, Shackleford and Bodemeister ran monster's didn't they?

Shackleford was fun to watch. Had a weird gate.

Couple weeks later.....

Old 04-16-2017, 06:13 PM   #20
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Dortmund was the favorite in last year's BC Dirt Mile.

Frosted is a multi-graded stakes winner and placer since the Derby and a serious challenger in the UAE Derby.

Keen Ice won the Travers.

Bolo is a Graded Stakes winner on grass.

What did anybody in the CC class do?
weak in the sense of the chart and how everyone ran
Old 04-16-2017, 06:14 PM   #21
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Shackleford was fun to watch. Had a weird gate.

Couple weeks later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8jx_DqyPHg
I had the LoveShack that race. Such a fun one to watch again.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:37 PM   #22
Frost king

Quote:
Wow. Forgot how horrid that field was that California Chrome beat.

Did ANYBODY in that field win another race? I'm not even talking about a Graded Stakes race, I'm talking about ANY race.
And to think, that donkey won Horse of the Year twice. Baffert beat him both times on the biggest day of the year, and they still made him HOY. Just don't get it sometimes.
Frost king is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2017, 07:52 PM   #23
Thomas Roulston

If the Derby did what the Melbourne Cup has always done - pay back 10 monies (with 6th through 10th getting the same) - the closers would probably be even more successful (the Belmont now pays 8 monies so why not?).
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2017, 08:01 PM   #24
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Roulston View Post
If the Derby did what the Melbourne Cup has always done - pay back 10 monies (with 6th through 10th getting the same) - the closers would probably be even more successful (the Belmont now pays 8 monies so why not?).
So if you pay more for 6th - 10th we'll get a better field?

I'm sure I am not understanding your question.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:32 PM   #25
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost king View Post
And to think, that donkey won Horse of the Year twice. Baffert beat him both times on the biggest day of the year, and they still made him HOY. Just don't get it sometimes.
Yes clearly you don't get it but debating California Chrome is so 2014... His career is over, as a fan of the sport im so glad I got to see him at his best. Who doesn't love a good ole rags to riches story?
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2017, 12:37 AM   #26
Julz

Does anyone think fast and accurate can blow up the exotics. I know he ran horribly slow but I did some digging, and I know it's hard to compare, but he ran the spiral faster than animal kingdom who won the derby, and ran a faster time than went the day well who finished fourth the year I'll have another and body won. He also has one of stans special conduit mares along with blue larkspur, Mahmoud, and war admiral in the female family. In addition, even though he came home slow, animal kingdom finished in around 40 seconds and went the day well did not meet the final fraction criteria as well. His dosage index is good and he just had a 5 furlong work in 59 flat on dirt. I know it's a long shot, but again he may be a horse that's getting better, has some positives, and can get into the exotics as a big price. Just looking for thiughts......and please be kind as I tried to lay out my case......at least.
Julz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2017, 12:53 AM   #27
Andrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julz View Post
Does anyone think fast and accurate can blow up the exotics. I know he ran horribly slow but I did some digging, and I know it's hard to compare, but he ran the spiral faster than animal kingdom who won the derby, and ran a faster time than went the day well who finished fourth the year I'll have another and body won. He also has one of stans special conduit mares along with blue larkspur, Mahmoud, and war admiral in the female family. In addition, even though he came home slow, animal kingdom finished in around 40 seconds and went the day well did not meet the final fraction criteria as well. His dosage index is good and he just had a 5 furlong work in 59 flat on dirt. I know it's a long shot, but again he may be a horse that's getting better, has some positives, and can get into the exotics as a big price. Just looking for thiughts......and please be kind as I tried to lay out my case......at least.
He'll be in the 50/1 range in the Derby, Julz. If you yourself are seeing a couple of things that you might like about him then let that be your guide as to if and how you use him.
Andrick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2017, 01:26 AM   #28
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julz View Post
i wouldn't put any money on him. surface/distance/class all are negs.

i would look at honor and serve or battle of midway if you want a horse w/ some early foot at long odds. i can toss half the field and these two would still be on the list based on a few things and potential positioning.

i think battle of midway will be buried odds wise and he has room to improve. he can stalk as well. should be in great shape throughout the race if he has any horse at all

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 04-17-2017 at 01:28 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:08 AM   #29
Andrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post

i would look at honor and serve or battle of midway if you want a horse w/ some early foot at long odds. i can toss half the field and these two would still be on the list based on a few things and potential positioning.

i think battle of midway will be buried odds wise and he has room to improve. he can stalk as well. should be in great shape throughout the race if he has any horse at all
Agree with you on State of Honor and Battle of Midway. I've tossed half the field already and both of those are still sticking around with me, albeit not all that high on my list. A few things to like with each of them, though.

State of Honor is the honest sort that has hit the board in each of his last 6 races. He'll also be going into the Derby on a pair-pair pattern. He has built a foundation in races over a mile in length having already run in 5 of those during his career so far. He's also ran in 5 races that saw field sizes of 10+. The 10F is probably too far for him, but you can probably say that about 75% of this year's field. Under the right circumstances I could certainly see him sticking around at the end to round out a tri or super.

Battle of Midway is the one with the higher upside of the two (and probably more downside too) and he's also going into the Derby on a pair-pair pattern as well. He'd be the only one out of the Santa Anita Derby that I'd even want to give a look to.
Andrick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2017, 04:25 AM   #30
yankeelpn

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post

Are you worried that Battle of Midway will be making his 5th start this year in the KD? But to add his Jockey C.Nakatani is due for his 1st KD win.
yankeelpn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply