Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-13-2022, 09:15 AM   #1
46zilzal
velocitician

Fragile

There have been a few very good QB's who played WELL, WHEN THEY PLAYED,and spent far too much sitting on the bench or in rehab....Tyler Murray is the most recent example as was Andrew Luck.

One can't really call them expensive MISTAKES, but really?
Old 12-13-2022, 04:04 PM   #2
46zilzal
velocitician

Kyler Murray out for the season with a torn ACL
Old 12-13-2022, 04:21 PM   #3
Inner Dirt

I haven't seen Kyler Murray play enough to label him, some of the guys who are labeled injury prone or fragile, were neither, they were reckless. RG3 is the the most recent I saw a lot of, that came to mind. While most quarterbacks would try to minimize risk of injury when taking a hit, he seemed to do the opposite, he was constantly exposing himself to injury.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2022, 06:45 PM   #4
burnsy
self medicated

The game has gone thru many changes. The rules have been changed to protect these guys . While at the same time a huge part of the game is a running QB. It’s to the point where the “pocket “ guy is almost in the minority. Meanwhile , to counter, the defensive fronts are faster and quicker . So, in reality the new rules only go so far . I’m a Bills fan, I hold my breath when I see Josh go flying thru the air. The one thing he has is size and strength. Once he gets into the open field he’s the biggest guy out there and many times he doles out the punishment like a full back . But leaving the ground used to always be a no no. Now that’s a highlight reel. Some guys maybe more fragile but I doubt it matters because you’re a tough mother just to make it to the NFL. It’s just a violent , fast , dangerous game . Your career can literally be over in a split second . These guys take a beating . Their life expectancy is actually shorter than most people .

Last edited by burnsy; 12-13-2022 at 06:47 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2022, 07:27 PM   #5
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Kyler Murray out for the season with a torn ACL
Well if the 49ers went to shit then my Seahawks would definitely be on top of the division by now since rams suck ass and now cards without their top QB so things are looking bright