Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-16-2022, 03:22 PM   #136
jocko699
Resurrectionist

But there is a mistake thinking all MAGA voters will vote for anyone the Republican Party nominates. Many of them will not, probably 25% and especially if DeSantis is the nomination.

So where does that leave them? I can't wait!
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2022, 03:27 PM   #137
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
But there is a mistake thinking all MAGA voters will vote for anyone the Republican Party nominates. Many of them will not, probably 25% and especially if DeSantis is the nomination.

What problem does DeSantis pose for the MAGA voter? He is basically Trump's ideas wrapped up in a 44 year old package and a track record of running maybe the most successful state in the union?

It's not like Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan is going to win the primary.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2022, 04:00 PM   #138
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
What problem does DeSantis pose for the MAGA voter? He is basically Trump's ideas wrapped up in a 44 year old package and a track record of running maybe the most successful state in the union?

It's not like Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan is going to win the primary.
What about Mike Pompeo, Nikki Haley or Mike Pence?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2022, 04:45 PM   #139
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
What about Mike Pompeo, Nikki Haley or Mike Pence?

No way any of those get the nomination. Like it or not, the GOP needs DeSantis right now more than he needs them.

Thus, DeSantis is only going to run if the establishment can keep the field clear of establishment junk. He isn't going to run just so the MAGA vote gets split and someone like Pompeo or Pence picks up the pieces.

If DeSantis doesn't run, Trump will crush any of the ones you listed.

I for one expect Cruz and DeSantis to sort it out before hand and one of them to show up and eat Trump's lunch. Cruz was on the goal line once before, and I assure you after 8 years on Trump watch, this dude is locked and loaded.
Old 11-16-2022, 05:31 PM   #140
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post

A NO vote is a vote for Biden.
Old 11-16-2022, 06:51 PM   #141
myohmyjustify

There is No One in the Republican Party who can run a serious campaign against Donald Trump. Even Ron DeSantis knows this.

Is he being wooed by the hate Trump wing of the GOP? Yes.

Is the China First, America Last wing of the GOP trying to seduced him as well? Yes.

DeSantis is smart enough to know both of these despicable factions of the establishment GOP are looking to him only as a conduit to stop Trump and nothing more. There is no ideological bond between them and him, and DeSantis knows this too.

This DeSantis vs. Trump talk is nothing but BS. Will never happen.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2022, 07:19 PM   #142
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
There is No One in the Republican Party who can run a serious campaign against Donald Trump. Even Ron DeSantis knows this.

Is the China First, America Last wing of the GOP trying to seduced him as well? Yes.

DeSantis is smart enough to know both of these despicable factions of the establishment GOP are looking to him only as a conduit to stop Trump and nothing more. There is no ideological bond between them and him, and DeSantis knows this too.

Inside the Republican party the splits are America first (not globalist) and Rockerfella Republicans (globalists). The latter can not win Presidential elections, and tend to be RINO's who are worthless. So the fight will be globalist against non globalist who are the heart of America first. This is how Trump won the first time and the road to the White House for Trump is the same and he knows it. The good part of the election that just happened was many RINO's lost, and they have a net loss factor. If Trump wins in 2024 RINO's will not be swept into office with him. Less RINO's equal less squishy filth willing to agree with Democrats period.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2022, 07:30 PM   #143
Marshall Bennett

Haven't read a whole lot about DeSantis. I know Florida loves him and he's done good as governor.
Nikki Haley is a suck-ass prop. She stabbed her voters in the back in S. Carolina when she took down the Confederate flag from the state capital. Sucking up to the whiny left and tossing tradition out the window is no way to make new friends. She's phony and as a political figure she's trash!!
I appreciate how Trump got so much right dealing with what made America a much stronger and respected. I don't agree with a lot of his emotional drama. He should have realized the 2020 election was lost and hopeless to retrieve. He was no doubt robbed, but shit happens, and the enemy is evil and powerful. I don't give him a real good chance being president again, but then no one thought he had a chance in 2016 either.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2022, 07:38 PM   #144
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Haven't read a whole lot about DeSantis. I know Florida loves him and he's done good as governor.
Nikki Haley is a suck-ass prop. She stabbed her voters in the back in S. Carolina when she took down the Confederate flag from the state capital. Sucking up to the whiny left and tossing tradition out the window is no way to make new friends. She's phony and as a political figure she's trash!!
I appreciate how Trump got so much right dealing with what made America a much stronger and respected. I don't agree with a lot of his emotional drama. He should have realized the 2020 election was lost and hopeless to retrieve. He was no doubt robbed, but shit happens, and the enemy is evil and powerful. I don't give him a real good chance being president again, but then no one thought he had a chance in 2016 either.
He followed Rick Scott's playbook, Rick Scott looked to replace Mitch McConnell who in turn locked him out of meetings. The only one McConnell is afraid of is Trump, look for McConnell to face big problems down the road when Trump comes for his old establishment ass.
Old 11-16-2022, 08:14 PM   #145
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post

Hating Trump is not a prerequisite to recruiting DeSantis. Not even close.

The wing of the GOP looking to recruit DeSantis is full of people who want to actually want to take back the White House and understand that Trump has ZERO chance of doing it.

I like Trump, I think what he pulled off was one of the greatest American stories in our history. But that is over now.
Old 11-16-2022, 08:17 PM   #146
fast4522

Quote:
Hating Trump is not a prerequisite to recruiting DeSantis. Not even close.

The wing of the GOP looking to recruit DeSantis is full of people who want to actually want to take back the White House and understand that Trump has ZERO chance of doing it.

I like Trump, I think what he pulled off was one of the greatest American stories in our history. But that is over now.
Where you fail is swing voters and those on the left who are terrified of their own party.
Old 11-16-2022, 08:21 PM   #147
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Where you fail is swing voters and those on the left who are terrified of their own party.

I don't even know what this means?

Does it mean that you think these people will vote for Trump?
Old 11-16-2022, 08:30 PM   #148
fast4522

Quote:
I don't even know what this means?

Does it mean that you think these people will vote for Trump?
I think turning Cali red is a dream, just filling in enough red to the rest of the country. I also think it is two years out and very early, there is nothing that says what DeSantis is going to do in the process. DeSantis is a Rick Scott guy, Rick Scott is a Dan Pena guy, and Dan Pena is a Trump guy. Early is good unless we become wrong right?
Old 11-16-2022, 08:33 PM   #149
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I think turning Cali red is a dream, just filling in enough red to the rest of the country. I also think it is two years out and very early, there is nothing that says what DeSantis is going to do in the process. DeSantis is a Rick Scott guy, Rick Scott is a Dan Pena guy, and Dan Pena is a Trump guy. Early is good unless we become wrong right?

Yeah that totally clears it up
Old 11-16-2022, 08:37 PM   #150
fast4522

Quote:
Yeah that totally clears it up
Nothing clears things up better than more steps into the process, now is just the begining with power brokers and the big bucks yet to align with who they back.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: