Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-20-2022, 09:27 PM   #1
46zilzal
velocitician

Hard to believe

Over all the years I have been watching the NFL, there are many occasions where a QB goes to another team, and for whatever reason (coaching, radically different plays called, not a good support staff to compliment their talents, or, MOST COMMONLY, INJURY), they do not show the same talent they have previously shown on their previous team.

I haven't fallen prey to all the social media BS as regards Russel Wilson having been a staunch Seahawks far for years and revealing how effective this guy always was. You Tube shows game summaries after 24 hours usually, so starting out from a HOPEFULLY objective beginning point, I watched his last 5 or 6 games.

Quite frankly what I saw shocked me...How could this effective a team leader and skilled player have fallen to far so quickly? I realize that the Broncs overall are not that great, BUT he is making bad decisions repeatedly throughout a game on par with a Baker Mayfield...Other than the broken finger,I have not heard of any serious challenge to his health..He is over throwing, throwing late, missing the open man and getting sacked as much if not MORE than he did in Seattle.

What am I missing here??
Old 11-21-2022, 07:46 AM   #2
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post

What am I missing here??
Russ should have never left Seattle

But we have Geno now so it’s all good
Old 11-21-2022, 08:07 AM   #3
lamboguy

i watched The Patriots and Vikings play yesterday, both teams lost. i was interested in them because they play each other on Thanksgiving. presently the line of the game is Vikings -3 or lay -150.

after their dismal win against the Jets, the Pats are overrated. The Pats have been able to stop teams that have no offense and make them look worse than they are. i don;t think they can stop any good team in the league.

i am going to come out of sports betting retirement and bet against New England for their remaing games for this season because to me that team has over-achieved for the rotten talent that they have
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2022, 11:00 AM   #4
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post

I wholeheartedly agree
Old 11-21-2022, 01:41 PM   #5
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post

I keep waiting for Geno to come back to Earth. Before he got to Seattle he was a bottom 10 QB. Last year in limited duty he played well and this year you could honestly say his play is elite. Is Geno a late bloomer or is Pete Carroll a QB whisperer? Look at all the QBs he coached at USC that were drafted, many highly in the NFL. Carson Palmer was the only one that did much in the NFL, but was probably the best NFL prospect from USC in the Superbowl era.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2022, 02:14 PM   #6
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I keep waiting for Geno to come back to Earth. Before he got to Seattle he was a bottom 10 QB. Last year in limited duty he played well and this year you could honestly say his play is elite. Is Geno a late bloomer or is Pete Carroll a QB whisperer? Look at all the QBs he coached at USC that were drafted, many highly in the NFL. Carson Palmer was the only one that did much in the NFL, but was probably the best NFL prospect from USC in the Superbowl era.
Looks like Pete and his gum did the trick

But seriously he has done very well with getting Geno into the scene in Seattle and I am very happy to see them both working together to win games each and every week

I miss Russ I really do but it was the decision of both the Broncos and the Seahawks to make the trade and if Russ didn't think he would strive in the Colorado environment or even with the team as a whole I would think he would have spoke up by now to say "Hey I don't think this is working out" right?
Old 11-21-2022, 02:54 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

If I recall close to correctly I think before the season started Seattle was predicted to win around 6 games and Denver 10, boy has that flipped. They only have two road games left with the Rams and Chiefs. I think they are a shoe in for a wild card and will battle SF for the division down to the wire.

I was like most everyone and wrong about the Seahawks. I made a division winner parlay a couple weeks in and picked SF over the Rams in the NFC West, never considering the Seahawks.
Old 12-04-2022, 10:20 PM   #8
davew

one of the worst trades in NFL EVER

Wilson was on decline last season, out games for injuries .... yet his (and his agents) ego was on the rise

SEAHAWKS also get Denver first round draft pick next year, which is getting better with every Denver loss
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2022, 09:51 AM   #9
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
one of the worst trades in NFL EVER

Wilson was on decline last season, out games for injuries .... yet his (and his agents) ego was on the rise

SEAHAWKS also get Denver first round draft pick next year, which is getting better with every Denver loss

I think the Deshaun Watson trade has the potential to top it. I know he put up video game numbers in the years at Houston, but two years off and CLEVELAND could be his undoing, and opposing fans are going to be harassing the hell out of him.

It think one of the worst trades I can remember is the 49ers trading 5 high draft picks for a washed up OJ. Amazing that they recovered so quickly from that.
Old 12-05-2022, 02:27 PM   #10
46zilzal
velocitician

why did it take so long?

The short-lived Baker Mayfield era is over in Carolina. The Panthers waived the struggling quarterback on Monday after the 2018 No 1 draft pick asked for his release.

Mayfield would be subject to waivers and become a free agent if he goes unclaimed.

The move does not come as a surprise, because Sam Darnold replaced Mayfield after his failed second stint as starting quarterback, and the Panthers are happy with their other quarterback, PJ Walker. The move gives Mayfield a chance to land with a team that needs quarterback help.
Old 12-05-2022, 03:01 PM   #11
Inner Dirt

Since Jimmy G's broken foot has the 49ers now starting Brock "Mr irrelevant" Purdy, I hope the 49ers get Mayfield, just as the new #2. Purdy played well in relief and they blitzed the hell out him for 3 quarters, but no telling what happens when they start getting game film on him.
Old 12-05-2022, 03:27 PM   #12
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Since Jimmy G's broken foot has the 49ers now starting Brock "Mr irrelevant" Purdy, I hope the 49ers get Mayfield, just as the new #2. Purdy played well in relief and they blitzed the hell out him for 3 quarters, but no telling what happens when they start getting game film on him.
That youngster actually played at a mature level far behold his years...But can he do that regularly?

Garopollo's demise certainly helps the Seahawks who have to play them in a few weeks
Old 12-07-2022, 11:53 AM   #13
davew

rumours are Russell Wilson will not even be the starter at next game
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2022, 12:12 PM   #14
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
rumours are Russell Wilson will not even be the starter at next game
play ineffectively game after game, and it's time to sit
Old 12-07-2022, 02:00 PM   #15
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Over all the years I have been watching the NFL, there are many occasions where a QB goes to another team, and for whatever reason (coaching, radically different plays called, not a good support staff to compliment their talents, or, MOST COMMONLY, INJURY), they do not show the same talent they have previously shown on their previous team.

I haven't fallen prey to all the social media BS as regards Russel Wilson having been a staunch Seahawks far for years and revealing how effective this guy always was. You Tube shows game summaries after 24 hours usually, so starting out from a HOPEFULLY objective beginning point, I watched his last 5 or 6 games.

Quite frankly what I saw shocked me...How could this effective a team leader and skilled player have fallen to far so quickly? I realize that the Broncs overall are not that great, BUT he is making bad decisions repeatedly throughout a game on par with a Baker Mayfield...Other than the broken finger,I have not heard of any serious challenge to his health..He is over throwing, throwing late, missing the open man and getting sacked as much if not MORE than he did in Seattle.

What am I missing here??
Russell was in a passing skills contest, I think the year of the pandemic, and his accuracy was astonishing. So I think he's mentally diminished from some personal or other health reason.

Maybe he had a mild case of the virus, like I did, and he has some lingering brain fog. Watching Tom Brady on MNF, he makes the quickest decisions for anyone in the game, which I find amazing at 45. Not being a RW follower, I haven't heard of anything causing the problem. Everyone clamors for Pres. Biden to have a mental exam. Do pro QB's regularly get that tested?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: