Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 02-27-2021, 11:44 AM   #31
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Tiger's wife got a reported $100-110 million in their divorce settlement, plus $20k per month in child support. Plus she got the house. Sounds like punishment to me.

What was the title of that old country song?

"When I divorced my wife she got the mine and I got the shaft"

It could be difficult for famous celebrities and athletes to avoid temptation. I don't agree but I could understand that. Yet there have been many athletes and celebs that feel they MUST take a bite out of every apple that rolls their way. Arnold Palmer is another golfer with a bad reputation of chasing every tootsie that walks.

In Tiger Woods case he got caught playing around and got a 5-iron across his skull a few times. And a pile of money. He deserved both.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2021, 11:52 AM   #32
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
What was the title of that old country song?

"When I divorced my wife she got the mine and I got the shaft"

It could be difficult for famous celebrities and athletes to avoid temptation. I don't agree but I could understand that. Yet there have been many athletes and celebs that feel they MUST take a bite out of every apple that rolls their way. Arnold Palmer is another golfer with a bad reputation of chasing every tootsie that walks.

In Tiger Woods case he got caught playing around and got a 5-iron across his skull a few times. And a pile of money. He deserved both.
Late great Jerry Reed. She got the goldmine and I got the shaft. "She got the Alimony, and I'm workin two shifts eatin bologny".

Old 02-27-2021, 07:45 PM   #33
AndyC

Quote:
Tiger Woods put HIMSELF (and possibly innocent people) in a life threatening position with his reckless driving and conduct. That's a far cry from being diagnosed with a life threatening disease or illness. You don't see the difference? Probably not.

More importantly, I made my attack on a very public figure with a history of questionable behavior, and you don't see the difference? Probably not.

Also, you made an personal attack on an individual, me., who isn't in the public eye.

So, it is you, Andy, that showed this community that YOU lack class.

I also get this too: you are a clueless fan boy and enabler of Tiger Woods. Be proud.

So it has been determined that the cause of the accident was reckless driving and conduct? Perhaps he swerved to miss an animal in the road. Sometimes in the morning you can get blinded by the sun. Could be a lot of reasons for the accident.

Personally, I don't wish bodily harm on anybody driving, even those who are reckless driving. You seem to take some sort of pleasure out of what happened. The fact that you chose this time and place to make your attack speaks volumes.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:23 PM   #34
thaskalos

Let he/she who is without sin cast the first stone.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:50 PM   #35
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Let he/she who is without sin cast the first stone.
One of the benefits of not being a Christian is not believing in such nonsense. If judges and juries were held to such a high burden then no guilty would ever be punished.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:08 PM   #36
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
One of the benefits of not being a Christian is not believing in such nonsense. If judges and juries were held to such a high burden then no guilty would ever be punished.
You are not a CHRISTIAN?
Old 02-27-2021, 09:09 PM   #37
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
You are not a CHRISTIAN?
Better, I’m a antitheist.

Last edited by TJDave; 02-27-2021 at 09:18 PM.
TJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2021, 09:58 PM   #38
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
So it has been determined that the cause of the accident was reckless driving and conduct? Perhaps he swerved to miss an animal in the road. Sometimes in the morning you can get blinded by the sun. Could be a lot of reasons for the accident.

Personally, I don't wish bodily harm on anybody driving, even those who are reckless driving. You seem to take some sort of pleasure out of what happened. The fact that you chose this time and place to make your attack speaks volumes.

The report says there was NO skid marks, so your theory that he swerved to miss an animal is silly.

Your responses to my posts are also typically childish and ignorant and also shows a clueless form of discussion by a naive fanboy of Woods, who has repeatedly shown little class or respect for the game or for people in general.

I take pleasure out of what happened? You are now acting like this is unraveling you. How what I said seems like pleasure? Ha, ha, ha. It is YOU and other fanboys in the media, corporate America and social sites that have butt-kissed this jerk for years.

Quote:
"Villanueva said Wednesday that Woods’ crash was “purely an accident,” though the golfer may have been speeding downhill when his 2021 Hyundai Genesis GV80 sport utility vehicle careened over the median near Blackhorse Road, destroying a “Welcome to Rolling Hills” sign, rolling over and shearing off a tree as it landed about 30 feet on a hill shortly after 7 a.m. Fortunately, no cars were in the uphill lanes. There were no skid marks on the road or other signs that Woods slammed hard on the brakes."
Source: https://www.latimes.com/california/s...be-real-change
Old 02-27-2021, 11:12 PM   #39
TJDave

Myohmy, ever drive down a steep and windy road and find yourself progressively driving too fast for the conditions, your equipment or your skills?

Definitely an “oh s***t”, moment.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:46 AM   #40
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The report says there was NO skid marks, so your theory that he swerved to miss an animal is silly.

Your responses to my posts are also typically childish and ignorant and also shows a clueless form of discussion by a naive fanboy of Woods, who has repeatedly shown little class or respect for the game or for people in general.

I take pleasure out of what happened? You are now acting like this is unraveling you. How what I said seems like pleasure? Ha, ha, ha. It is YOU and other fanboys in the media, corporate America and social sites that have butt-kissed this jerk for years.

Is there really a difference between an "ass-kissing fanboy" and a "shade-throwing hater?"

Nope...no difference...two sides of the same coin.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:52 AM   #41
AndyC

Quote:

The fact that I find your attacks on Tiger Woods appalling makes me a fanboy? It could have been John Smith and I would have responded the same way. Unraveling, hardly. Just wanted to let you know not everybody appreciates your comments.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:49 PM   #42
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Is there really a difference between an "ass-kissing fanboy" and a "shade-throwing hater?"

I needed a laugh after waiting 10 minutes out in the rain for my dog to muster the courage to take a leak.

Have no f**king idea of what happened with Tiger. I know he's had substance abuse issues, and he's been dealing with a high stress, high octane life, in addition to multiple back surgeries, While trying to be "Tiger Woods" for the golf tournaments and appearances.

Apparently was on his way to do a round of golf with a local quarterback or something. May have been a networking or charity situation as well. Apparently was lucid and calm (fwiw), and not suspected of any alcohol issue.

TBH, I have no idea what exactly happened. Not even a big golf guy. Only hearing about it because he's a sports star. No personal feelings one way or another. Glad no one was killed, and hope he makes a strong recovery.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:58 PM   #43
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
The fact that I find your attacks on Tiger Woods appalling makes me a fanboy? It could have been John Smith and I would have responded the same way. Unraveling, hardly. Just wanted to let you know not everybody appreciates your comments.

Even if you are not a fanboy your personal criticisms of me says volumes about YOU. I don't care that you are appalled by my criticism of Tiger Woods. He is a public figure and a well-earned target.

Also, my criticisms of fanboys are quite justified. Fanboys are part of a very large group, along with the media and Corporate American, that have IGNORED his bad, immoral and dangerous behavior. Woods has been doing unsportsmanlike things and worse for many years now and they've been ignored or defended.

I didn't know you spoke for 'everybody' on Pace Advantage. Good luck to them.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:00 PM   #44
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

What's a shade throwing hater??
Old 02-28-2021, 01:10 PM   #45
Racetrack Playa
regular user

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Dude was just probably in a hurry and it got away from him.
Yup, driving a Genesis G SUV?

If he was driving a Buick ,or his personal vehicle , I am guessing he probably would have not wrecked .

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: