Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-12-2021, 07:24 AM   #16
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
I think the most racist thing to say is people of color need the white mans help with everything insinuating that they can't do anything themselves.

What I want a liberal to explain is how "people of color" is 21st century politically correct, while calling someone "colored" is considered old school racist?
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2021, 05:59 PM   #17
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
What I want a liberal to explain is how "people of color" is 21st century politically correct, while calling someone "colored" is considered old school racist?
I agree. I don't know what the difference is
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2021, 06:38 PM   #18
TJDave

Quote:
Ask a black friend.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:44 PM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Ask a black friend.

Why don't you just explain. I don't have any close contacts that are black these days. I moved cross country after I turned 50 and live in a sparsely populated area.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:10 PM   #20
thaskalos

Quote:
Especially since the NAACP stands for "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People".
Old 10-12-2021, 08:37 PM   #21
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Especially since the NAACP stands for "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People".
Or as Ross Perot called it, the NAAYP.
Old 10-13-2021, 03:13 AM   #22
TJDave

Quote:
Why don't you just explain. I don't have any close contacts that are black these days. I moved cross country after I turned 50 and live in a sparsely populated area.
Ok then just ask the first black person you see.

I don’t presume to speak to what black folk like or dislike but I believe most don’t like being called colored.

I also believe that instinctively you know that to be true.
Old 10-13-2021, 04:22 AM   #23
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
...How dumb can a nation get and still survive? Idiotically, we seem determined to find out.
Well, the United States failed the 5th grade vocabulary test - where "experimental" is entirely compatible with the phrase "safe and effective".

The Empire will not survive. The U.S. will break apart as systems and supply chains fail, go broke, and plunge into chaos in a fraction of the time it took the Roman Empire to fall.

Plan accordingly.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2021, 10:11 AM   #24
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Ok then just ask the first black person you see.

I don’t presume to speak to what black folk like or dislike but I believe most don’t like being called colored.

I also believe that instinctively you know that to be true.

I have asked many a touchy question to black people I knew personally, like I said I no longer know any. I left the last black friends in California at the OTB at the Orange Show. No way in hell would I ask such a question of a casual acquaintance or a stranger. Obviously it must be one of those things no one can give a logical explanation for. Like mentioned above, what NAACP stands for, maybe they need to change their initials.

I even knew a rare black small machine shop owner in Cali who wasn't bothered by confederate flags, swastikas, or any other symbols of the sort. He said he is glad they advertise, he said it was the closeted racists that concerned him. If I still was in contact with him I would ask him to explain the colored issue.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 10-13-2021 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-13-2021, 10:44 AM   #25
xtb

Quote:
I have asked many a touchy question to black people I knew personally, like I said I no longer know any. I left the last black friends in California at the OTB at the Orange Show. No way in hell would I ask such a question of a casual acquaintance or a stranger. Obviously it must be one of those things no one can give a logical explanation for. Like mentioned above, what NAACP stands for, maybe they need to change their initials.

I even knew a rare black small machine shop owner in Cali who wasn't bothered by confederate flags, swastikas, or any other symbols of the sort. He said he is glad they advertise, he said it was the closeted racists that concerned him. If I still was in contact with him I would ask him to explain the colored issue.
Another one that I don't understand is the use of the "n" word in rap music. Some "songs" are filled with the usage but it's perfectly ok.

A close relative taught in a city school for years and blacks used the "n" word all the time. If a white person is caught saying it, no matter how benign the intent, all hell breaks loose, unless your name is Hunter Biden of course.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2021, 04:57 PM   #26
TJDave

Quote:
That would be my first clue.

I grew up in the 50’s-60’s in a racist town. Separate water fountains, swimming pools, restaurant entrances all labeled ‘colored’. We understood what that word meant.

Quote:
I even knew a rare black small machine shop owner in Cali who wasn't bothered by confederate flags, swastikas, or any other symbols of the sort. He said he is glad they advertise, he said it was the closeted racists that concerned him.If I still was in contact with him I would ask him to explain the colored issue.
My sentiments exactly. I grew up experiencing religious prejudice. I know where he’s coming from.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:26 PM   #27
fast4522

Quote:

I grew up in the 50’s-60’s in a racist town. Separate water fountains, swimming pools, restaurant entrances all labeled ‘colored’. We understood what that word meant.
Good for you, I saw none of that. I do believe in progress, so I am only interested in what we do going forward.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2021, 09:43 PM   #28
azeri98

Quote:

My sentiments exactly. I grew up experiencing religious prejudice. I know where he’s coming from.
I believe you are correct in why the term coloured is frowned upon. It's because that's the term used during segregation
Old 10-13-2021, 11:37 PM   #29
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
I believe you are correct in why the term coloured is frowned upon. It's because that's the term used during segregation
Used by ‘genteel’ society instead of the n-word. I’m amazed it’s not common knowledge.
Old 10-14-2021, 09:02 AM   #30
azeri98

Quote:
Used by ‘genteel’ society instead of the n-word. I’m amazed it’s not common knowledge.
Ignorance. I just realized after you mentioned it although I'm from Canada and was born in 1969. I didn't see any segregation or coloured only places. They didn't exist up here when I was young.