Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-04-2021, 02:19 PM   #31
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Shouldn't be.

There are real doctors who are prescribing it.

Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance:
https://covid19criticalcare.com/

Prevention and Treatment Protocols for COVID-19:
https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-19-protocols/

-jp

Funny on that single NOTE they become REAL DOCTORS???

Wait until the lawsuits come round from legal boy on the premise this drug in not approved by the FDA for that use.

YOU have never lived under the thumb of legal clowns trying to practice medicine have you??
Old 10-04-2021, 02:21 PM   #32
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Doctors aren't allowed to prescribe medications for off-label use?

Really? And you're supposedly a doctor?

What would they get sued for? Ivermectin is one of the safest drugs ever developed for human use.

There are papers stating just this fact on the NIH website...

here you go

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/

Here is a direct quote from the above article on the NIH website:

Quote:
Ivermectin has continually proved to be astonishingly safe for human use. Indeed, it is such a safe drug, with minimal side effects, that it can be administered by non-medical staff and even illiterate individuals in remote rural communities, provided that they have had some very basic, appropriate training. This fact has helped contribute to the unsurpassed beneficial impact that the drug has had on human health and welfare around the globe, especially with regard to the campaign to fight Onchocerciasis.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 10-05-2021 at 03:06 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2021, 02:24 PM   #33
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

ASTONISHINGLY SAFE!!!
Old 10-04-2021, 02:25 PM   #34
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

STOP LISTENING TO LIARS
Old 10-04-2021, 03:07 PM   #35
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post

Wait until the lawsuits come round from legal boy on the premise this drug in not approved by the FDA for that use.

YOU have never lived under the thumb of legal clowns trying to practice medicine have you??
With all due respect and despite what you think:

Yes, they are real doctors and they have been treating real Covid patients since the beginning of the pandemic.

I don't know if you recall, but about a month or so into the pandemic, in the now 10k posts long The Coronavirus thread:

I posted the name of a doctor who had been generous enough to do a free video-medicine session with me when I was infected with the alpha-strain of the virus back in early 2020.

In that post I invited you to contact him and have a conversation (one doctor to another) and post your thoughts after said conversation.

Of course there was nothing but crickets from you in that thread for the next 7-10 days.

Then after ducking my suggestion and waiting for my post to fade into the background - you resumed posting again and continued to cast shade on these doctors whose primary objective from the beginning of the pandemic has always been (based on my own first hand experience) to get the best possible outcome for their patients.

Interesting link from their site:
https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-c...y-Barriers.pdf

Quote:
FDA APPROVAL for COVID-19 is NOT REQUIRED to prescribe ivermectin off-label– in fact, 20% of all prescriptions written in the U.S. are off-label.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 10-04-2021 at 03:10 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2021, 03:12 PM   #36
Jeff P

Quote:

PS. As long as you are casting shade on Ivermectin, would you care to explain the Covid data from Uttar Pradesh India?

Peer Reviewed Ivermectin Study published Aug 05, 2021:
https://www.cureus.com/articles/6480...thcare-workers

Quote:
Conclusion

Two doses of oral ivermectin (300 µg/kg/dose given 72 hours apart) as chemoprophylaxis among HCWs reduced the risk of COVID-19 infection by 83% in the following month. Safe, effective, and low-cost chemoprophylaxis has relevance in the containment of pandemic alongside vaccine.

Uttar Pradesh India
Population 241 million (est 2021) where Ivermectin has been used for early treatment as part of their Test-Trace-Treat Program since about May 11, 2021:

Current Numbers from the Johns Hopkins University CSSE Site - Uttar Pradesh:
https://coronalevel.com/India/Uttar_Pradesh/

Quote:
Development of number of Coronavirus cases: Uttar Pradesh, India
In Uttar Pradesh there have been 1,709,857 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Currently about 220 people are sick, that is one in every 930,000 inhabitants.

The current incidence is 0.0 new cases per week per 100,000 inhabitants*.

Kerala India
Population 35.8 million (est 2021) where Ivermectin was banned on Aug 06, 2021 - the day after the peer reviewed Ivermectin study was published:

Current Numbers from the Johns Hopkins University CSSE Site - Kerala:
https://coronalevel.com/India/Kerala/

Quote:
Development of number of Coronavirus cases: Kerala, India
In Kerala there have been 4,720,206 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Currently about 240,000 people are sick, that is one in every 140 inhabitants.

The current incidence is 270.4 new cases per week per 100,000 inhabitants*.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 10-04-2021 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-04-2021, 03:43 PM   #37
Jeff P

Quote:
I don't know if you recall, but about a month or so into the pandemic, in the now 10k posts long The Coronavirus thread:

I posted the name of a doctor who had been generous enough to do a free video-medicine session with me when I was infected with the alpha-strain of the virus back in early 2020.

In that post I invited you to contact him and have a conversation (one doctor to another) and post your thoughts after said conversation.

Of course there was nothing but crickets from you in that thread for the next 7-10 days.

Then after ducking my suggestion and waiting for my post to fade into the background - you resumed posting again and continued to cast shade on these doctors whose primary objective from the beginning of the pandemic has always been (based on my own first hand experience) to get the best possible outcome for their patients.

I used the board's search function and found a link to the above mentioned post:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...postcount=6336

Quote:

Here's a challenge for you 46zilzal:

Local doctor pushing proven treatment of COVID into national debate:
https://www.thedesertreview.com/opin...07d6ebc1a.html

Reach out to Dr. George Fareed. Have a conversation with him. One doctor to another.

Ask about his use of hydroxychloroquine in the field... why he thinks giving it to patients early is important... why he thinks using it in combination with azithromycin and/or zinc is important... number of patients treated... side effects, etc.

Come back to this thread and post your thoughts after talking with him.

Is the story fake news?

Or, after talking with him, do you think he's getting good outcomes for his patients?

-jp

By the way - the challenge still stands.

I'd be very much interested in hearing your thoughts after talking with Dr. George Fareed (or any of the Frontline Doctors or that matter.)

I'd also be very interested in hearing your thoughts about the data coming out of India - especially the differences in caseloads between Uttar Pradesh and Kerala given the opposite policies those two states adopted for use of Ivermectin.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 10-04-2021 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:12 PM   #38
46zilzal
velocitician

British Medical Journal says otherwise
https://ebm.bmj.com/content/early/20...bm-2021-111678
Old 10-04-2021, 09:01 PM   #39
Jeff P

India designed their own their own Peer Reviewed Ivermectin Study looking at Health Care Workers. It was published on Aug 05, 2021 and it came to a completely different conclusion:
https://www.cureus.com/articles/6480...thcare-workers

Quote:
Conclusion

Two doses of oral ivermectin (300 µg/kg/dose given 72 hours apart) as chemoprophylaxis among HCWs reduced the risk of COVID-19 infection by 83% in the following month. Safe, effective, and low-cost chemoprophylaxis has relevance in the containment of pandemic alongside vaccine.
Two States in India, Uttar Pradesh and Kerala, acted on the conclusions of that study.

Uttar Pradesh population 241 million (est 2021) decided to continue using Ivermectin for prophylaxis and early treatment just like they had been doing since about May 11, 2021.

Kerala population 35.8 million (est 2021) went in the opposite direction. In Kerala use of Ivermectin for prophylaxis and early treatment was disallowed on Aug 06, 2021 (the day after the peer reviewed study on Ivermectin was published.)

According the Johns Hopkins University CSSE Site - this is the current data for Uttar Padesh:
https://coronalevel.com/India/Uttar_Pradesh/

Quote:
Development of number of Coronavirus cases: Uttar Pradesh, India
In Uttar Pradesh there have been 1,709,857 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Currently about 220 people are sick, that is one in every 930,000 inhabitants.

The current incidence is 0.0 new cases per week per 100,000 inhabitants*.

According the Johns Hopkins University CSSE Site - this is the current data for Kerala:
https://coronalevel.com/India/Kerala/

Quote:
Development of number of Coronavirus cases: Kerala, India
In Kerala there have been 4,720,206 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Currently about 240,000 people are sick, that is one in every 140 inhabitants.

The current incidence is 270.4 new cases per week per 100,000 inhabitants*.

Summing things up:

The British Medical Journal study you cited (published April 2021) and the Indian study I cited (published Aug 05 2021) came to vastly different conclusions about Ivermectin.

Let me ask you a question.

Given the difference in policy decisions as relates to Ivermectin in Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, the UK, and the US:

And given the vast differences in the current Covid caseload data for Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, the UK, and the US:

Which of the two Ivermectin studies (the British Medical Journal study or the Indian study) do you think published a Conclusion that is closer to the truth?

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 10-04-2021 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:02 PM   #40
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
British Medical Journal says otherwise
https://ebm.bmj.com/content/early/20...bm-2021-111678
There's NOTHING misleading about Ivermectin.

It's been studied for over three decades. Regardless of the opinion on its efficacy regarding COVID, there is ZERO dispute that it is one of the SAFER drugs ever prescribed for humans.

Read the article on the NIH website that I linked to.

Or have you lost faith in the NIH?

I don't blame you, by the way...they have let us all down in a BIG WAY.

But that paper on Ivermectin I linked to was written WELL before the utter corruption of COVID destroyed the institution as a whole.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 10-04-2021 at 09:04 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2021, 09:10 PM   #41
tbwinner

Stockholm syndrome.

Some people just don't want to admit they been lied to.

The world's turning.
tbwinner is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 02:59 AM   #42
Parkview_Pirate

Merck's new drug

Karl Denninger's take on another miracle drug for Covid:

https://market-ticker.org/cgi-ticker...ww?post=243781

Quote:
This drug is an analog (in other words, "looks the same to a living cell") of cytosine. That's one of four chemical "bases" that make up DNA. What Merck has done is "damage" it in a way that a cell still thinks its cytosine. Thus when it gets taken up in the synthesis of RNA it produces an error; the replication process doesn't know how to deal with that and, after a few of those accumulate the process fails and thus the virus (in this case Covid-19) cannot reproduce in the cell.

That's how it works, basically.
Hmmm. I'm not a doctor, but that sounds dangerous. Denninger goes on comparing this new wonder drug to some others used for HIV, which seems way over the top for treating a common cold offshoot.

The health care system we have in the U.S. often prefers treating the symptom instead of the root cause, and God forbid if a treatment includes relying on natural immunity, good nutrition, or non-patented and inexpensive drugs. After all, a patient cured is a lost revenue stream.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 03:28 AM   #43
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
I tried to talk my 65-year-old friend into using that website to try to get it as a prophylactic. He has type2 diabetes and refuses to get vaccinated. The area he lives in is, or was, pretty bad with over 18% positive testing, as well as full hospitals. My thought was he might be able to convince the doc to let him take it until the numbers come down.

Not sure what your plan is but good luck. My friend never followed through but he definitely plans to go that route if he gets sick.
I thought I was dead in the water. Nobody to fill it. But! I got a call from the Doctors office late yesterday, they have a pharmacy that’s agreed to fill the script, about 20 miles away from me. I’ll will try and move forward and keep you advised
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 03:29 AM   #44
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

How ridiculous and sad that you have to drive 40 miles round trip to pick up a prescription for one of the safest drugs ever created for human use...according to this article published on the NIH website:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/

What a country!
Old 10-05-2021, 09:27 AM   #45
classhandicapper

I don't know if Ivermectin is helpful or not, but I do know the way it was handled by the media firmly establishes that there is a LOT of evil pulling the strings related to Covid treatments. The fact that many in the media are lying scum has been firmly established for quite awhile.

Calling it a horse dewormer when there is a very safe human version was flat out propaganda that Goebbels would have been pound of. There were responsible ways to discourage the use of the animal version of the drug without lying 24 hours a day.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: