Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-10-2018, 04:20 PM   #1
PowerUpPaynter

Vino Rosso Hype Train Building...

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/kentu...well-farm.aspx

might not be such a secret afterall. 10-1 derby day?
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 04:31 PM   #2
boys at tosconova

since i'm a lil leary about puting this in the mendy thread the wood mem is an easy selection to utilize it.

not only have the wood horses been non competitive in the derby for a long time, they're all worse this year...and i'm not just saying that because vino cost be big time in the TB derby

boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 04:51 PM   #3
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/kentu...well-farm.aspx

might not be such a secret afterall. 10-1 derby day?
I dont think Repole has enough money to make him 10-1. 20-1 more like it
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #4
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
since i'm a lil leary about puting this in the mendy thread the wood mem is an easy selection to utilize it.

not only have the wood horses been non competitive in the derby for a long time, they're all worse this year...and i'm not just saying that because vino cost be big time in the TB derby

the NY prep season has been the minor leagues of prep season but they have had i think horses over the past 5 years land in the super.

Vino is of the RAN sire line, has Buckpasser in the X and ran fast final fractions, he is bred to run all day, and as the races get longer he will get better. im not saying he is gonna win the derby but dont leave him off your tickets. He fits too many angles in ignore... plus Johnny V chose Vino over Audible.... gotta be worth something

Last edited by PowerUpPaynter; 04-10-2018 at 07:11 PM.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 07:17 PM   #5
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
the NY prep season has been the minor leagues of prep season but they have had i think horses over the past 5 years land in the super.

Vino is of the RAN sire line, has Buckpasser in the X and ran fast final fractions, he is bred to run all day, and as the races get longer he will get better. im not saying he is gonna win the derby but dont leave him off your tickets. He fits too many angles in ignore... plus Johnny V chose Vino over Audible.... gotta be worth something
Wicked Strong and Frosted are two that come to mind. Vino is already on my tickets. Fast closing Raise A Native and Buckpasser-x horses have amazing Derby exacta impact value.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 07:36 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

One thing I liked about his Wood was the way he dropped his head a little and went by the other horse in spite of the bumping. He looked to me like a horse that will still be running late in the KD. No matter what........
Old 04-10-2018, 09:40 PM   #7
CincyHorseplayer

Looking at the exacta probables in pool 4 as a gauge of the betting tonight. If it's like that on Derby day from my 2 different angles of play then this race is really nothing I don't get betting turf regularly as far as payoffs. I might change tactics and lean more heavily into horizontal bets. But take a guy like Vino Rosso at a big price in race to win and in exotics. I think his performance in this oddly run race is above average.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 09:49 PM   #8
letswastemoney

He had a fast pace to close into. Enticed probably ran just as well or better.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 10:44 PM   #9
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
He had a fast pace to close into. Enticed probably ran just as well or better.
And the Derby may very well have a fast pace as opposed to that dog and pony show through six panels in the Santa Anita. Even the girls that day made it to that mark half second quicker. I could be wrong but feel the Wood will be a reasonable approximation of the Derby. As crappy as that race has been at producing Derby winners in recent years I still must highly respect that performance.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:22 AM   #10
menifee

VR quits on turns. Watch his races. Very immature. He was laying on Enticed who is a one turn horse because he doesn’t know what he’s doing out there. In a 20 horse field and at Churchill where you need as a closer to make that move into the turn, I see no way he wins this race.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2018, 10:51 AM   #11
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by menifee View Post
VR quits on turns. Watch his races. Very immature. He was laying on Enticed who is a one turn horse because he doesn’t know what he’s doing out there. In a 20 horse field and at Churchill where you need as a closer to make that move into the turn, I see no way he wins this race.
Vino Rosso had no problem gaining ground on the far turn in his debut, his second start, and in the Wood Memorial. In the Wood, he made up 2-3 lengths on Enticed as that one was launching a bid at the tiring run-off frontrunner.

The difference between those 3 races and the Tampa Bay races was that Vino Rosso was kept on the outside of horses in the former whereas he was stuck between horses (and had to shuffle back) or hemmed in on the rail.

As for Enticed, his biggest win was around two turns, which is no shock judging from his pedigree (sire and dam both multiple Grade 1 winners beyond a mile). It's possible he had some excuse for the Holy Bull effort, as he was able to reverse form on Grade 1 winner Free Drop Billy to the tune of about 15 lengths in the Gotham.

Before I questioned his stamina, I would question his overall class, as he has been lit up by several top contenders including Good Magic, Audible, and Vino Rosso.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2018, 11:14 AM   #12
Mc990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Vino Rosso had no problem gaining ground on the far turn in his debut, his second start, and in the Wood Memorial. In the Wood, he made up 2-3 lengths on Enticed as that one was launching a bid at the tiring run-off frontrunner.

The difference between those 3 races and the Tampa Bay races was that Vino Rosso was kept on the outside of horses in the former whereas he was stuck between horses (and had to shuffle back) or hemmed in on the rail.

As for Enticed, his biggest win was around two turns, which is no shock judging from his pedigree (sire and dam both multiple Grade 1 winners beyond a mile). It's possible he had some excuse for the Holy Bull effort, as he was able to reverse form on Grade 1 winner Free Drop Billy to the tune of about 15 lengths in the Gotham.

Before I questioned his stamina, I would question his overall class, as he has been lit up by several top contenders including Good Magic, Audible, and Vino Rosso.
Was Enticed's best race around two turns? It appears that his best figure was earned in the Gotham.... even after adjusting for progression from 2 to 3 years old.
Mc990 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2018, 11:19 AM   #13
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post

I thought Enticed ran a great race Saturday, while its unlikely he can win the Derby I think there still could be some middle distance talent there.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #14
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I thought Enticed ran a great race Saturday, while its unlikely he can win the Derby I think there still could be some middle distance talent there.
I agree. No shame getting beat by three at nine panels after doing the dirty work hanging with a hot leader.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:44 AM   #15
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc990 View Post
Was Enticed's best race around two turns? It appears that his best figure was earned in the Gotham.... even after adjusting for progression from 2 to 3 years old.
I wasn't speaking from a speed figure standpoint, but rather from the relative importance of the races he won. The Kentucky Jockey Club is one of the top two-turn races for juveniles on the calendar.

Nevertheless, your point is well taken from a win standpoint, though some figures may say his Wood effort--achieved despite repeated bumping in the stretch from his main rival--was his best effort overall.

I could be off base anyways from what the original poster meant by Enticed being better around "one turn". I jumped to the conclusion that they meant he lacked stamina or was a sprinter. The Gotham, regardless of being around one turn, is a mile race and not a true sprint IMO.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply