Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-21-2019, 07:18 PM   #1
PowerUpPaynter

Derby Tosses

Who are your easiest tosses?

for me its as follows...

Very Confident Tosses

Master Fencer - he wasnt even that good in Japan...

Plus Que Parfait & Gray Magician - I really doubt they both improved drastically in the UAE derby thus we knew what they were here (below average) and neither really separated from the other. So they are still pretty below average.

Pretty Confident Tosses

By My Standards - Pretty much just a General Quarters or a Java's War, by this time next year you probably wont remember who won the Louisiana Derby.

Country House - I know closers are good at clunkin' up but i just think he isnt fast enough to be with in any type of striking distance and there are just much better closer types in the race.

Long Range Toddy - 1 turn horse.. Lost all his kick in the Arkansas Derby.

Bigger Name Toss

Vekoma - Im not buying the 'he runs wierd' angle those are just tired spaghetti legs that wont last 10F, I just dont see it with this one.

who you guys tossing?
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2019, 07:46 PM   #2
clicknow

Tossing for the Win, or tossing off ticket (and what is ticket, exacta, trifecta or superfecta?)

Omaha Beach is my "big toss from the win" but there are others of course.

From the entire ticket (trifecta):
Plus Que - speed figs are going downwards, and think the KY Derby will be too short a distance for him to get going, love him for Belmont and was hoping they would sit this one out; OTOH maybe a good prep for the Belmont for him then he has plenty of rest time.
Gray Magician and Country House (I originally liked him) since they never won a graded stakes race
Haikal - only 1 two turn race and barely got by an over 50-1 longshot
Roadster - ran in really short fields, looks and feels like McKinzie 2.0, got handed his last race
Cutting Humor - is my boy jack; probabably a miler / 9fer and I don't like his female side
MasterFencer - usually like the japanese horses but I see nothing here w/this one other than a nice closing kick
By My Standards - don't see the stamina there

Last edited by clicknow; 04-21-2019 at 08:01 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2019, 07:53 PM   #3
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Tossing for the Win, or tossing off ticket (and what is ticket, exacta, trifecta or superfecta?)

Omaha Beach is my "big toss from the win" but there are others of course.
tossing out of the super
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2019, 08:15 PM   #4
clicknow

I had country house on my ticket originally since I like those RAN/NDs, but the ones before him where quite a bit more accomplished than he has managed at this point in time. If it were the Belmont he'd be in my trifecta though.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:22 PM   #5
tjfla

Is Roadster a TOSS by everyone? I tossed him but all the big name guys seem to have too
tjfla is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2019, 06:27 PM   #6
boys at tosconova

any closer.

even if u like one, and one of them actually runs well, it's unlikely you will have that one.

and running well also consists of being 15-20th early and closing to finish 5th or 6th..

ha

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 04-22-2019 at 06:28 PM.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2019, 09:29 PM   #7
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfla View Post
Is Roadster a TOSS by everyone? I tossed him but all the big name guys seem to have too
Roadster has a better chance at winning the Triple Crown than he does of running out of the superfecta.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:05 PM   #8
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Roadster has a better chance at winning the Triple Crown than he does of running out of the superfecta.
I hope he finishes last and never races again after that bull shatt rigged Santa Anita Derby just to secure him a gate. He is a toss from my exacta. Maybe an include in the super.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2019, 10:15 PM   #9
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
I hope he finishes last and never races again after that bull shatt rigged Santa Anita Derby just to secure him a gate. He is a toss from my exacta. Maybe an include in the super.
I am not going to say what that Santa Anita Derby cost me in winnings. I had the superfecta more than most people can count to. Of course I had it backed up, made a small profit, I am not stupid, but I was sick to my stomach for days.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:20 PM   #10
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
I am not going to say what that Santa Anita Derby cost me in winnings. I had the superfecta more than most people can count to. Of course I had it backed up, made a small profit, I am not stupid, but I was sick to my stomach for days.
that was a bizarre ride by Rosario. Game Winners rag# has to be better than Roadsters number out of that race
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2019, 10:46 PM   #11
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
that was a bizarre ride by Rosario. Game Winners rag# has to be better than Roadsters number out of that race
His Thoro-graph number was two points faster than Roadster. He wins by four or five lengths without that scripted ride.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2019, 12:34 PM   #12
clicknow

My heart always sinks if Rosario is on a horse I like. Just never liked that jockey. Now, I dislike him even more for "throwing" a race.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:11 PM   #13
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
In the entire history of Kentucky Derby winners, what was the worst place finish prior to winning the Derby?
Old 04-25-2019, 09:26 PM   #14
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
My heart always sinks if Rosario is on a horse I like. Just never liked that jockey. Now, I dislike him even more for "throwing" a race.
Every Jockey has thrown a race if commanded to do so...PERIOD....you should pissed at Baffert.....as ALL trainers have DONE the same as well...
Old 04-25-2019, 09:37 PM   #15
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Every Jockey has thrown a race if commanded to do so...PERIOD....you should pissed at Baffert.....as ALL trainers have DONE the same as well...

As much as I like to think it happened, it was a million dollar purse, and Baffert got the same amount no matter how they ran.

Does anyone really think he needs to cash a ticket in Louisville?

What's the reason for a crooked ride there?