Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 02-22-2016, 04:00 PM   #1
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Results charting for non-USA tracks?

My fellow handicappers,

I'm looking for online resources where I can study the results of tracks abroad. I really like the format of the result charts of Equibase here in America.

Does anyone know online (free) resources for South American racing and also Australia similar to Equibase?

Where would one go for example to see the results for South America when Laurel or Gulfstream and others present them as part of their regular programs?
Vigors
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2016, 03:03 PM   #2
Nitro

Cool

I’m not sure why you would have an interest in those particular overseas tracks because as I’ve mentioned on many other threads, I believe the consistently BEST racing on the planet is located in Hong Kong. They only run twice a week; on Wed (morning) @ Happy Valley and on Sat or Sun @ Sha Tin (from Midnight on). It’s certainly worth the wait and also dealing with a 17 hour time differential here in NY.

The Hong Kong Jockey Club controls everything there and provides a wealth of pertinent information far beyond what’s available here in the States.

The following Web link will give you access to just about everything on the Hong Kong Jockey Club site: (First Click on “English” in the upper left hand corner and then note all of the related tabs at the top of the page)

http://bet.hkjc.com/default.aspx?url...gRedirect=true

Please don’t question me about any of the handicapping information found there, not because it isn’t of some use to those who handicap, but because I personally don’t handicap any longer. I’ve found a much more profound method of playing that suits my monetary goals and lifestyle much better.

Good Luck
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2016, 03:42 PM   #3
Nitro

Correction that's a 23 hour time differential from NY to HK. I was thinking about my 17 hour flight time to the Far East.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:57 PM   #4
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

On the profound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro

Please don’t question me about any of the handicapping information found there, not because it isn’t of some use to those who handicap, but because I personally don’t handicap any longer. I’ve found a much more profound method of playing that suits my monetary goals and lifestyle much better.

Good Luck
Nitro, do you mean contests and tournaments? I'm interested in what you have to say regarding the more profound method of playing the horses, of course...thanks for the info about hong kong..I'll check it out.....i'm getting a large screen tv soon and probably sign up at one of the wagering account companies....Vig

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 02-23-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:18 PM   #5
thespaah

Quote:
Correction that's a 23 hour time differential from NY to HK. I was thinking about my 17 hour flight time to the Far East.
it's 13 hours. Which is what I think you meant to type
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2016, 10:22 PM   #6
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey
My fellow handicappers,

I'm looking for online resources where I can study the results of tracks abroad. I really like the format of the result charts of Equibase here in America.

Does anyone know online (free) resources for South American racing and also Australia similar to Equibase?

Where would one go for example to see the results for South America when Laurel or Gulfstream and others present them as part of their regular programs?
Vigors
Here's a link to the Japan Racing Association...
http://japanracing.jp/en/information...mme/index.html
here's PP's from 2/21
http://japanracing.jp/_pdf/informati...016/160221.pdf
Oh...apologies to PA if this violates forum rules.
Wasn't sure if this is prohibited copyrighted material
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2016, 12:46 AM   #7
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

to the spaah

boy for being so technologically, Japan sure doesn't have very good PP's. I've noticed that about lots of non-usa track really bad PP's...Almost like they don't want the bettor to know much...vig
Old 02-24-2016, 12:59 AM   #8
olddaddy

Quote:
boy for being so technologically, Japan sure doesn't have very good PP's. I've noticed that about lots of non-usa track really bad PP's...Almost like they don't want the bettor to know much...vig
Thats the problem with most international racing except hong kong, the racing is very good but the information is very poor. You would figure they would want more american money coming in but I guess not.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2016, 01:37 AM   #9
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Darts anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddaddy
Thats the problem with most international racing except hong kong, the racing is very good but the information is very poor. You would figure they would want more american money coming in but I guess not.
Olddaddy you are quite right! Everytime I see asian racing on tv I wish I could go over there and experience it in person. It is all so colorful and hear that their training methods and race courses are superior. Seems like horse racing is THE national obsession over there. Everyone dress up even the grooms. Wish America was more like them in this respect. Maybe some of the old romance of racing can return but I kind of doubt it..Vigors.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:08 PM   #10
Nitro

Cool

Quote:
Nitro, do you mean contests and tournaments? I'm interested in what you have to say regarding the more profound method of playing the horses, of course...thanks for the info about hong kong..I'll check it out.....i'm getting a large screen tv soon and probably sign up at one of the wagering account companies....Vig
No, contests and tournaments are not selection methods and I have no interest in either one. Besides, anyone who plays in earnest already knows that they’re in a competition against other players.
It’s no secret around here that I am an avid follower of the money. Unfortunately, that’s often interpreted to mean simply following the odds. I wish it were that simple. From what I’ve come to understand using a solid tote analysis encompasses the use of not only ALL of the Mutual betting pools but some of the available Exotic pools as well. Rather than rehashing the same comments you can take a look at my comment (#20) on this thread: ​http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showt...2&page=2&pp=15

While I don’t post selections for Hong Kong any longer I do occasionally post live selections for Santa Anita. Judge for yourself the reliability of what I use to not just pick winners, but to make winning plays for whatever bet I decide on making. http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showt...=129119&page=1

​BTW Thespaah is correct: When its Midnight in NY its 13:00 hours (1 PM) at Sha Tin for instance which is a 13 hour difference. Trying to remain alert in order to avoid costly errors is the only drawback to playing in the wee hours of the morning.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:02 PM   #11
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Repost of the above

Quote:
"Someday they’ll realize that they're outsiders playing an insider's game and that the term “public money” is probably the most obtuse description of what’s really going on. " Nitro

Truly, I have known for many years that horse racing IS an insider's game....The top trainers, owners, jockeys, breeders, the top tracks, the "Enigmatic Whales" as Thaskalos has said...Your statement, in bold, is really quite intriguing....and the principle reason WHY the outsiders will NEVER win....is, perhaps, because the insiders RELY on an OBTUSE PUBLIC for their gains...even the sharper non-insiders will admit that "getting up on the competition" is the name of the game to profits...The question in my mind is.... What is it that makes one an insider versus and outsider?

And I think that the answer might be...money, since this is what you follow, no?
Repost of the above...
Quote:
No, contests and tournaments are not selection methods and I have no interest in either one. Besides, anyone who plays in earnest already knows that they’re in a competition against other players.
It’s no secret around here that I am an avid follower of the money. Unfortunately, that’s often interpreted to mean simply following the odds. I wish it were that simple. From what I’ve come to understand using a solid tote analysis encompasses the use of not only ALL of the Mutual betting pools but some of the available Exotic pools as well. Rather than rehashing the same comments you can take a look at my comment (#20) on this thread: ​http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showt...2&page=2&pp=15

While I don’t post selections for Hong Kong any longer I do occasionally post live selections for Santa Anita. Judge for yourself the reliability of what I use to not just pick winners, but to make winning plays for whatever bet I decide on making. http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showt...=129119&page=1

​BTW Thespaah is correct: When its Midnight in NY its 13:00 hours (1 PM) at Sha Tin for instance which is a 13 hour difference. Trying to remain alert in order to avoid costly errors is the only drawback to playing in the wee hours of the morning.
"Someday they’ll realize that they're outsiders playing an insider's game and that the term “public money” is probably the most obtuse description of what’s really going on. " Nitro

Truly, I have known for many years that horse racing IS an insider's game.......Your statement, in bold, is really quite intriguing....and the principle reason WHY the outsiders will NEVER win....is, perhaps, because the insiders RELY on an OBTUSE PUBLIC for their gains...even the sharper non-insiders will admit that "getting up on the competition" is the name of the game to profits...The questions in my mind are....

1. What does the inside look like?

2. And.... What is it that makes the inside, the inside, and not the outside?

I think that the answer to the 2nd question might be...money, since this is what you follow, no? But can you explain the first question to me?
Old 02-25-2016, 02:11 PM   #12
Nitro

Cool

Quote:
Repost of the above...

Truly, I have known for many years that horse racing IS an insider's game.......Your statement, in bold, is really quite intriguing....and the principle reason WHY the outsiders will NEVER win....is, perhaps, because the insiders RELY on an OBTUSE PUBLIC for their gains...even the sharper non-insiders will admit that "getting up on the competition" is the name of the game to profits...The questions in my mind are....

1. What does the inside look like?

2. And.... What is it that makes the inside, the inside, and not the outside?

I think that the answer to the 2nd question might be...money, since this is what you follow, no? But can you explain the first question to me?
My comment may seem intriguing to those (Outsiders) who haven’t a clue as to what’s really going on, but it’s a fact. The Outsiders who play the game rely on any and all of the current printed information that’s available from the past performances of each horse and then base their selections on some subjective rationale. The assumption is that in each and every racing event that they’re contemplating, ALL of the horses entered are in it to win it. In all but perhaps Stakes events this couldn’t be further from the truth. The Outsiders fail to realize that these horses are controlled in every aspect of their health, mentality, physical well-being, training and placement in racing events (with specific race conditions) by their connections (the Insiders). A description of the “inside” can be summarized by knowing who the related connections of each horse are and what their intentions might be on any given race day.

My comment about the repeated (mis)use of the term “Public Money” being an ill-informed rhetoric relates to the fact that the betting population is comprised of BOTH the public (Outsiders) and the connections (Insiders). I would think that if the Insiders are making significant bets that it just might mean that they’re certainly aware of the intentions of trying to win the race.

The entire premise for using a method of analyzing the betting pools is the discovery of specific betting patterns during the entire betting cycle. I’ve come to learn that these patterns vary from track to track and what may be significant at a smaller track may not be at a larger track and visa-versa. I realize that without providing visual examples of what analysis provides it would be difficult for me to elaborate even further. But make no mistake about it, as a former handicapper I can personally attest to its value and how it has streamlined my whole approach to the game. I simply could not fathom playing races successfully that are half-way around without having the same “inside” information.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:17 PM   #13
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

On fathoming successfully...

Nitro,

I see your point about fathoming successfully races half way around....how you need to be on the same page as the inside, and I understand that the ONLY way you can do this (aside from being over there and/or on the inside yourself) IS the analysis of the betting patterns...

This will get me thinking for some time about exactly how you are able to do this....you know that the "devil is in the details" and I am NOT here to request that you divulge your methods...

I thank you for providing the above information of your views of the inside/ outside. The subject fascinates me.

I wish you the best in your endeavors....I'll have to invest more time and energy into learning how to bet Hong Kong...Just learning about it is enjoyable for me... .

Regards,
Vigors.

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 02-25-2016 at 07:20 PM.