Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-08-2023, 07:09 PM   #31
ElKabong

Simple. Pivot on abortion. Just put it put there as a choice (as it should be) and leave it at that. The people of Ohio and elsewhere has made it loud and clear. They want legal abortions. Ok, have at it

Once that's done, what do dems have? Inflation, multiple wars, Palestinian sympathizers who want nothing less than genocide for the Jews. Stop giving those losers a rope. Pivot on abortion, tell Americans it's your choice and we'll back it.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2023, 07:13 PM   #32
CaptainObvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Simple. Pivot on abortion. Just put it put there as a choice (as it should be) and leave it at that. The people of Ohio and elsewhere has made it loud and clear. They want legal abortions. Ok, have at it

Once that's done, what do dems have? Inflation, multiple wars, Palestinian sympathizers who want nothing less than genocide for the Jews. Stop giving those losers a rope. Pivot on abortion, tell Americans it's your choice and we'll back it.
The Christian right will never do that under any circumstances and they’re 25% of the population roughly.
CaptainObvious is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2023, 07:18 PM   #33
Bustin Stones

Sure, let's pivot on abortion. And while we're at it let's pivot on genocide. As long as we win an election. Doesn't matter what we stand for. Everything can be reduced to political strategy. No thanks.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2023, 07:33 PM   #34
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I have always been pro-life, but I think the decision is basically one between a woman, her doctor, and hew God.

Not the government.
Old 11-08-2023, 07:50 PM   #35
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I have always been pro-life, but I think the decision is basically one between a woman, her doctor, and hew God.

Not the government.
Our problem is we always have bad timing. It is a states rights issue, progressives want it to be a federal issue but in order to do that it has to be done correctly. The other problem is that there will never be enough support to do that with the divided country. Looking into the future the smart money would suggest that it will be a divided country for many many years.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2023, 09:46 PM   #36
Bustin Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Not the government.
My problem is that I refuse to buy into the notion that it's a medical procedure and primarily a medical procedure. In fact, women have been having births without doctors forever.
I believe that ending a human life is murder and should be codified as such. And just because someone can make their peace with God after murdering a human, it cannot be justified.
Furthermore, the argument that the entitlement to rights should only begin after a human is fully formed, is short sighted.
To process a human potential being as though it's livestock, only leads to other forms of callousness. It's confusing because humans are made from the same building blocks as animals, but that's where the similarity ends.
People represent the most hideous unlikely misstep in the known universe. We can perceive our own being and demise. We are un animals.
Regarding humans as carbon or meat or some medical object makes no sense.
Old 11-08-2023, 09:57 PM   #37
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
My problem is that I refuse to buy into the notion that it's a medical procedure and primarily a medical procedure. In fact, women have been having births without doctors forever.
I believe that ending a human life is murder and should be codified as such. And just because someone can make their peace with God after murdering a human, it cannot be justified.
Furthermore, the argument that the entitlement to rights should only begin after a human is fully formed, is short sighted.
To process a human potential being as though it's livestock, only leads to other forms of callousness. It's confusing because humans are made from the same building blocks as animals, but that's where the similarity ends.
People represent the most hideous unlikely misstep in the known universe. We can perceive our own being and demise. We are un animals.
Regarding humans as carbon or meat or some medical object makes no sense.
Do you still consider it "murder" if the human life was terminated because it was the result of rape, or incest? Or is an abortion under these conditions an act of "justifiable homicide"?
Old 11-08-2023, 11:49 PM   #38
JustRalph
Just another Facist

This piece says it wasn’t so bad…..

https://pjmedia.com/kevindowneyjr/20...oogle_vignette
Old 11-09-2023, 10:22 AM   #39
Bustin Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Do you still consider it "murder" if the human life was terminated because it was the result of rape, or incest? Or is an abortion under these conditions an act of "justifiable homicide"?
The question in its form suggests the answer. But, it's the wrong answer. The fetus doesn't know that it exists as a result of rape or incest. It is as innocent as any other child. Its right to happiness and chance to contribute to humanity is not one bit less. And the cold universe doesn't care how human life was fertilized. Our battle against the infinite could use all the help we can muster. If the woman needs help in carrying the child to term, then the state should deliver that help. Our focus should be on helping children find families who want them. You could use all the monies we wasted on Head Start for it.
Old 11-09-2023, 10:25 AM   #40
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Sure, let's pivot on abortion. And while we're at it let's pivot on genocide. As long as we win an election. Doesn't matter what we stand for. Everything can be reduced to political strategy. No thanks.

It doesn't matter what your candidate stands for if he or she does not get elected. I have always been a pro choice Republican as I see nothing good in forcing a woman to have on unwanted child.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 11-09-2023 at 10:27 AM.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2023, 11:06 AM   #41
lamboguy

Quote:
The question in its form suggests the answer. But, it's the wrong answer. The fetus doesn't know that it exists as a result of rape or incest. It is as innocent as any other child. Its right to happiness and chance to contribute to humanity is not one bit less. And the cold universe doesn't care how human life was fertilized. Our battle against the infinite could use all the help we can muster. If the woman needs help in carrying the child to term, then the state should deliver that help. Our focus should be on helping children find families who want them. You could use all the monies we wasted on Head Start for it.
I have the feeling that Trump will change his current position on choice again after the Republican convention if he is nominated to run as a Republican.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2023, 11:09 AM   #42
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Why would he have to change anything? The SC made its ruling...just stay the course...
Old 11-09-2023, 11:15 AM   #43
Bustin Stones

" The unknown future rolls toward us. I face it, for the first time, with a sense of hope. Because if a machine, a Terminator, can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too."

One day our own programming will consider humans as insane because we fail to place the value of human life commensurate with its real value. There exists a substitute for everything in the universe except human life.
Old 11-09-2023, 11:41 AM   #44
ElKabong

Quote:
You speak for yourself, ok. I didn't mention genocide or anything else. Keep your shit to yourself.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 11-09-2023, 11:47 AM   #45
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
The Christian right will never do that under any circumstances and they’re 25% of the population roughly.
I'm "Christian right" and many of us realize if we hang on to a losing stance it costs us elections. Women aren't going to soften their stances on abortion. Period . Want a responsible, conservative potus, senate, house? Easy. Recognize abortion is keeping dems in power. It's all they have over us. Take it away. Immediately