Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-15-2017, 10:20 AM   #421
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Recount, huh?
Isn't that his right?
Part of the law?
It is his right, as long as he pays for it.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:45 AM   #422
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Is that what the law says?
Old 12-15-2017, 10:57 AM   #423
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-...rts-wisconsin/

Here is the response from Donald Trump.

Allan
Fantastic.

Thanks for reminding me that people actually voted for Gary Johnson and Jill Stein.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2017, 11:10 AM   #424
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Is that what the law says?
Alabama law says it will do a recount if the margin is 0.5% or less. If the margin is more than that, a candidate can ask for and have a recount if he pays the cost of doing it.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:23 AM   #425
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Read an interesting article about Dem turnout somewhere.

Apparently it was off the charts?

Just read that California is being sued because their voter rolls exceed the actual population? I wonder why?
Old 12-15-2017, 11:39 AM   #426
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I laugh every time I see Democrats jumping up and down, saying SEE, SEE, this is the turning point! This is the barometer for the what is coming next!!

Really? Beating Roy Moore is your barometer for 2018?

This entire messed up election in Alabama was a barometer for absolutely nothing. Dems may very well win every seat in Congress in 2018, but to use this as a soothsayer for what is coming is ridiculous.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2017, 01:24 PM   #427
_______
Veteran

I see an unbroken string of electoral underperformance since 2016 and now the threat of the base nominating more unelectable candidates to poke a finger in the “establishment’s” eye.

And I see a lot of people whistling past the graveyard.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2017, 01:55 PM   #428
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
I see an unbroken string of electoral underperformance since 2016 and now the threat of the base nominating more unelectable candidates to poke a finger in the “establishment’s” eye.
Is it possible that The Donald just learned something?

Quote:
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
If last night’s election proved anything, it proved that we need to put up GREAT Republican candidates to increase the razor thin margins in both the House and Senate.
7:45 AM - Dec 13, 2017
Old 12-15-2017, 02:39 PM   #429
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post

And I see a lot of people whistling past the graveyard.
I'm trying to recall. Have you ever been right about anything here on political matters?
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2017, 03:20 PM   #430
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Fantastic.

Thanks for reminding me that people actually voted for Gary Johnson and Jill Stein.
Thejn yu will be happy to hear the latest democrat ticket to run in 2020 - Al Franken and Jill Stein.....Vote for Franken/Stein!
Old 12-16-2017, 12:15 AM   #431
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Almost as scary as Clinton/Kaine
Old 12-16-2017, 09:46 AM   #432
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Is it possible that The Donald just learned something?
Yes, Trump learned that the Establishment of the GOP are out to screw him and the conservatives that put people like McConnell in power.

I know the lunatics on the left and the anti-Trumpers just love to ignore facts and suspend reality when discussing politics and Trump. They can't help themselves; but that's their problem.

McConnell figured that Rep. Mo Brooks, a staunch conservative, was considering a run for he seat held by Luther Strange, as did Roy Moore, obviously.

If McConnell kept well alone and kept his mouth shut and the money in DC there was a great probability that Brooks and Moore would have lost with each well under 50% total, making Strange the winner without a runoff.

But, no, no, no ... both Moore and Brooks said they would not support McConnell as GOP leader, prompting the worm to spend $20-30 millions to stop these conservatives. This prompted a counter attack by Steve Bannon -- a Brooks supporter. People ignore that when they try to disparage Bannon.

Bannon painted Strange as a McConnell stooge and the rest, as they say, is history. Luther had other issues but he would have been an ally to Trump (more so than McConnell) and he would have killed Jones in the special election.

Conservatives need to remind McConnell to get out of the way. He's costing the GOP elections.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2017, 10:02 AM   #433
davew

last couple AL elections - Sessions and Trump both beat opponent roughly 1.3 million to 700,000

Moore loss both near 750,000 with absentee still coming in until the 19th?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2017, 11:44 AM   #434
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Yes, Trump learned that the Establishment of the GOP are out to screw him and the conservatives that put people like McConnell in power.

I know the lunatics on the left and the anti-Trumpers just love to ignore facts and suspend reality when discussing politics and Trump. They can't help themselves; but that's their problem.

McConnell figured that Rep. Mo Brooks, a staunch conservative, was considering a run for he seat held by Luther Strange, as did Roy Moore, obviously.

If McConnell kept well alone and kept his mouth shut and the money in DC there was a great probability that Brooks and Moore would have lost with each well under 50% total, making Strange the winner without a runoff.

But, no, no, no ... both Moore and Brooks said they would not support McConnell as GOP leader, prompting the worm to spend $20-30 millions to stop these conservatives. This prompted a counter attack by Steve Bannon -- a Brooks supporter. People ignore that when they try to disparage Bannon.

Bannon painted Strange as a McConnell stooge and the rest, as they say, is history. Luther had other issues but he would have been an ally to Trump (more so than McConnell) and he would have killed Jones in the special election.

Conservatives need to remind McConnell to get out of the way. He's costing the GOP elections.
Although I agree with the idea that establishment opposition to Brooks (who would have been more conservative than Strange but not seen as the grandstanding buffoon Moore has been for decades) was the fatal error for Republicans, there is a different way to frame this:

Take a moment and consider the utter incompetence of having nothing really to do with Moore's primary victory, but rushing to claim responsibility for it, and thus now being seen as responsible for this disaster. I give you Steve Bannon.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2017, 02:06 PM   #435
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Any RUSSIANS in all of this?