Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-12-2018, 03:46 PM   #61
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Trump played the dems for what they are - total fools!
And the local snowflakes here as well.

Of course Trump was right - a lot of countries out there are nothing but S holes.
Why else would their refugees have been here for 17+ years as temporary?

And Trump was right, look at what illegals from Kenya have done to this country!

Last edited by Tom; 01-12-2018 at 03:52 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 04:27 PM   #62
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
As Trump, sans twitter, becomes a moderate establishment Republican his fans rejoice.
Their messiah can do no wrong. Love the "nothing new" here. Might I suggest a Google search for Trump's past statements on DACA? Start with "Trump and DACA and George Bush." Yes, nothing new, only in KAC's "alternative facts" world.

I don't understand his personal appeal (the appeal is a lot more than policy positions), but they worship him. So I don't understand why we just didn't elect a competent Rep prez?
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 04:33 PM   #63
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Trump played the dems for what they are - total fools!
And the local snowflakes here as well.

Of course Trump was right - a lot of countries out there are nothing but S holes.
Why else would their refugees have been here for 17+ years as temporary?

And Trump was right, look at what illegals from Kenya have done to this country!
I heard he had a bad cold yesterday, probably got it from Diane Feinstein.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 05:04 PM   #64
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
Their messiah can do no wrong. Love the "nothing new" here. Might I suggest a Google search for Trump's past statements on DACA? Start with "Trump and DACA and George Bush." Yes, nothing new, only in KAC's "alternative facts" world.

I don't understand his personal appeal (the appeal is a lot more than policy positions), but they worship him. So I don't understand why we just didn't elect a competent Rep prez?
Who did you deem competent, Mike, that the GOP should have nominated? Jeb? Kasich? I could go on and on with those that also ran for the GOP nod.

None of them would have defeated Hillary, especially Kasich if he was your answer. Please don't forget that he was in the primary campaign from the very beginning ... and won just one state, Ohio. Kasich also got trounced in states where his moderate ways should have been appealing, New Hampshire, Michigan, and others.

Same with Jeb!, Scott Walker, and especially Ted Cruz, whom I am more in line idiologically speaking.

Another thing people need to think more clearly about: it's been Trump's policy positions and successes that has been the highlight his first year as President. And that's with the GOP leaders, the media, and Democrats all going against him.

What Trump policy achievements don't you like?

Trump's the most remarkable and competent president we've had in ages, like him or not.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 05:22 PM   #65
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I just don't get an erection every time job numbers are released, the DOW goes up, or a factory opens. I didnt when Obama was President either. I think the majority of the stuff he does is completely moronic and I totally disagree with a larger more interventionist government... You know all the things he hasn't done but his fans on here do get hard over.
Oh my! Things must be getting desperate in elysian-ville. Resorting to boner talk...what's next? The dreaded circle-jerk reference?

Pathetic.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 05:55 PM   #66
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Oh my! Things must be getting desperate in elysian-ville. Resorting to boner talk...what's next? The dreaded circle-jerk reference?

Pathetic.
Or a Chris Matthews type 'thrill up the leg" reference.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:58 PM   #67
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Pathetic.
desperate times call for desperate measures
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 06:18 PM   #68
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Who did you deem competent, Mike, that the GOP should have nominated? Jeb? Kasich? I could go on and on with those that also ran for the GOP nod.

None of them would have defeated Hillary, especially Kasich if he was your answer. Please don't forget that he was in the primary campaign from the very beginning ... and won just one state, Ohio. Kasich also got trounced in states where his moderate ways should have been appealing, New Hampshire, Michigan, and others.

Same with Jeb!, Scott Walker, and especially Ted Cruz, whom I am more in line idiologically speaking.

Another thing people need to think more clearly about: it's been Trump's policy positions and successes that has been the highlight his first year as President. And that's with the GOP leaders, the media, and Democrats all going against him.

Trump's the most remarkable and competent president we've had in ages, like him or not.
Best post of the week
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 09:06 PM   #69
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post

I don't get it. It's like the cult of personality you see in documentaries on North Korea.

He's flipped flopped on this issue, the one that launched his candidacy, several times now yet his supporters love it.

My hunch is they are sold out. The dreamers stay, so do the Salvodorans and others. There will be no big beautiful wall but better border security, technology, and funding.

I'll be happy. As I have been most this year. Policy wise he is nothing compared to what he campaigned as. Minus Twitter and infantile remarks he's as RINO as Paul Ryan.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 09:27 PM   #70
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
I don't get it. It's like the cult of personality you see in documentaries on North Korea.

He's flipped flopped on this issue, the one that launched his candidacy, several times now yet his supporters love it.

My hunch is they are sold out. The dreamers stay, so do the Salvodorans and others. There will be no big beautiful wall but better border security, technology, and funding.

I'll be happy. As I have been most this year. Policy wise he is nothing compared to what he campaigned as. Minus Twitter and infantile remarks he's as RINO as Paul Ryan.
If there is no wall. DACA gets everything the dipshit Schumers want, and not ending lottery and chain immigration. I'm done. Completely done.

GOP owns both sides and couldn't get shit done if we can't fix this.

Dumbass NYers and Cali-dipshits will run shit. Tax and spend, tax and spend.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2018, 09:45 AM   #71
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
If there is no wall. DACA gets everything the dipshit Schumers want, and not ending lottery and chain immigration. I'm done. Completely done.

GOP owns both sides and couldn't get shit done if we can't fix this.

Dumbass NYers and Cali-dipshits will run shit. Tax and spend, tax and spend.
If there is no wall there will be no Trump. That's why he was elected and he knows that. He's not stupid. There will be a wall unless he has decided he only wants one term.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2018, 10:21 AM   #72
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post

I agree with about 95% of this. He is the only one who would have defeated Hillary. I'm glad he did. He certainly is remarkable. He's put CNN and MSNBC is a tizzy. Competent? I'm not so sure. I think he's a scared and angry older man. I recognize this because I think I'm becoming a little of this myself. I turn 60 next week. I also believe he has racial issues. I'm sure he doesn't see himself as a racist, while those to the far left see him as KKK. As usual the answer lies in the middle. He was born of privilege and that certainly is part of it. There's been too many times in this past year where it's reared it's ugly head to me. Among the best and the brightest I do believe Trump would hire whoever he deemed the best person regardless of race. I do believe he smears the rest. It's more of a generation thing than anything else. His people try and hide his flaws and he has many. Trump isn't used to this scrutiny. In business his word is God. Now? He's never right in whatever he does. That's why he watches as much TV as he does. He views his critics and then tweets. The way the media is these days I really don't blame him. I do believe he used the word shit hole. He's trying to back off now. CNN and MSNBC using that word in the scroll was terrible. It was obviously to undermine Trump. I didn't vote for Trump. But I was happy he defeated Hillary. I just wished we had better choices.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2018, 10:33 AM   #73
woodtoo

There was NO better choice than Donald Trump.

Tweet from 2 hours ago: "DACA is probably dead because Democrats don't really want it, they just want to talk and take desperately needed money from our Military"
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2018, 10:38 AM   #74
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

This the same old playbook the dems use for financing the government.
Scream and whine that we can't let it happens, then fail to negotiate in good faith and blaem the failure on the repubs.

Hey, while I favor allowing those who came here as children to stay if they have shown they deserve to be here, but it is hardly a top 20 issue. If they leave, it will be sad, but I have lived through worse.

Anyone who feels strongly that they stay should be all over the dems who have just been using them as pawn in game of screw Trump.

As always.
Remember, the dems do not care about anyone on any issue.
Ever.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:22 PM   #75
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
There was NO better choice than Donald Trump.

Tweet from 2 hours ago: "DACA is probably dead because Democrats don't really want it, they just want to talk and take desperately needed money from our Military"
No surprises here. The Dems insist someone has to pay for the tax cuts. Might as well be the military since we're living a very stable world run by a bunch of geniuses, anyway.