Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-09-2018, 08:53 PM   #16
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
The people that loved him are rationalizing away the minor disappointments.

I think you absolutely hate the guy as much as any liberal or democrat out there and are not viewing anything related to him objectively. I don't mean that in an insulting way. It just happens when you despise someone. You only see the bad and spin the good negatively.
I've been totally upfront I despise the man. That doesnt mean I can't look at things objectively. He has been a moderate Republican (or RINO) despite his bombast and occasional foreign policy idiocy. But since I'm never right this is actually how I still view him... I said this back in October.

Quote:
Some of the stuff about Trump is crazy but he does that to appeal to his base. There are two Trumps, the actual one, and the one that personifies twitter and the rest of his crazy outlandish statements that get his base all excited... if you haven't noticed not much happens politically with that one.
The actual one is a moderate establishment Republican who is wet behind the ears in Foreign Policy.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 08:55 PM   #17
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Bu... but... but I thought he wasn't a politician. He was going to drain the swamp.

Look, like I said I'm happy he isn't accomplishing the majority of his campaign promises. I just find it amazing the pivot his fan-bots do.
You act as if the tax reform signed into law is small potatoes, it is equal to someone getting 100 stitches getting ripped out by duct tape that are only 3 days old. The estate tax alone double taxation I think was flat out communist, but hey I know you loved that.

Know this, policy alone will drive you batshit crazy even if he gets nothing done in the next 3 years. And you know the last statement is not going to go your way.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 09:00 PM   #18
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
You'll have to find that out from the immigration hard-liners that he is about to throw under the bus.
I've been elaborating on that with what I believe is a great deal of honesty.

Let's set aside the handful of real racists.

Most republicans/conservatives know that recent immigrants tend to vote for democrats. It was true of my family two generations ago and it's true now.

The left will turn it into a race thing for political purposes, but it's really about economics, security, and political power.

I think most republicans/conservatives are just like liberals/democrats. They want the people that share their priorities and values to stay in power and advance what they believe are the policies that will benefit them and the country over the long haul.

So if you are a republican and see a flood of democrats coming into the country, you know what the implications are for taxes, spending, regulations, the courts etc... and want it stopped.

However, if 75% of the illegals were going to vote for republicans, the republicans would rationalize why they should be allowed in and be given citizenship and the democrats would rationalizing why we need a wall and immigration reform. Neither side may realize it, but that what's driving a lot of it.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:00 PM   #19
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
You act as if the tax reform signed into law is small potatoes, it is equal to someone getting 100 stitches getting ripped out by duct tape that are only 3 days old. The estate tax alone double taxation I think was flat out communist, but hey I know you loved that.

Know this, policy alone will drive you batshit crazy even if he gets nothing done in the next 3 years. And you know the last statement is not going to go your way.
Bud...

You know absolutely nothing about me. The Estate Tax WOULD affect me. How about you? I'm completely against it. Show me where I LOVED that on here. Kinda like ACA you won't find much.

ANYBODY could have gotten tax reform done with total government control. In happy it's done. I'm a little more lukewarm than others but the debt is a big deal to me because I'm probably on average 2 decades younger than the average poster on here.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:01 PM   #20
classhandicapper

Quote:
I've been totally upfront I despise the man. That doesnt mean I can't look at things objectively. He has been a moderate Republican (or RINO) despite his bombast and occasional foreign policy idiocy. But since I'm never right this is actually how I still view him... I said this back in October.

The actual one is a moderate establishment Republican who is wet behind the ears in Foreign Policy.
I hope you don't mind my honesty, but I have seen no evidence you are objective about anything related to Trump.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:06 PM   #21
Clocker

Did I miss something? Last I heard, Trump killed DACA. The administration issued an order in September saying that no new applications would be accepted. Any DACA permit holder set to expire within 6 months could apply for a 2 year extension. Beyond that, the program was dead.

From Sept. 6, 2017:

Quote:
WASHINGTON — The Justice Department announced on Tuesday it is ending DACA, the Obama-era program that allowed undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as children to remain in the country, while also giving Congress a six-month window to possibly save the policy.

Under the plan, announced by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the Trump administration will stop considering new applications for legal status dated after Tuesday, but will allow any DACA recipients with a permit set to expire before March 5, 2018, the opportunity to apply for a two-year renewal if they apply by October 5.

The Department of Homeland Security will recognize DACA authorizations until they expire at the end of their two-year lifespans, which means the program runs out at different times for different recipients, senior DHS officials said. The last authorization would end March 5, 2020.
Relying further on my feeble memory, Trump was strongly opposed to DACA from the beginning of his run until roughly the time he got the GOP nomination. He began to hint at mellowing on the issue after that. Funny how that happens.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...cement-n798686

Last edited by Clocker; 01-09-2018 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Add link
Clocker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 09:09 PM   #22
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I hope you don't mind my honesty, but I have seen no evidence you are objective about anything related to Trump.
1) Cut regulations

2) lowered corporate tax rate

3) enforced Syria redline

4) continues war effort on ISIS

5) sanctioned Russia

6) done a good job with judges.

I just don't get an erection every time job numbers are released, the DOW goes up, or a factory opens. I didnt when Obama was President either. I think the majority of the stuff he does is completely moronic and I totally disagree with a larger more interventionist government... You know all the things he hasn't done but his fans on here do get hard over.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 01-09-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:14 PM   #23
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Did I miss something? Last I heard, Trump killed DACA. The administration issued an order in September saying that no new applications would be accepted. Any DACA permit holder set to expire within 6 months could apply for a 2 year extension. Beyond that, the program was dead.

From Sept. 6, 2017:

Relying further on my feeble memory, Trump was strongly opposed to DACA from the beginning of his run until roughly the time he got the GOP nomination. He began to hint at mellowing on the issue after that. Funny how that happens.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...cement-n798686
If anything is accomplished on Immigration which is 50/50 at best (Not a slam on Trump CH it's an election year ) in 2018 it will end up looking nearly identical to Jeb or Rubios plan with some more fencing.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:21 PM   #24
fast4522

Quote:
Bud...

You know absolutely nothing about me. The Estate Tax WOULD affect me. How about you? I'm completely against it. Show me where I LOVED that on here. Kinda like ACA you won't find much.

ANYBODY could have gotten tax reform done with total government control. In happy it's done. I'm a little more lukewarm than others but the debt is a big deal to me because I'm probably on average 2 decades younger than the average poster on here.
Like Hillary said, at this point what difference does it make.
The other day you agreed with me in a different thread about single payer, previously you gave me the old James Carville line about how people are going to die. I am no politician, so I am not gonna be all over the place. You should just admit much of policy is like picking winners, and like us all you have dogs in the race.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:36 PM   #25
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Like Hillary said, at this point what difference does it make.
The other day you agreed with me in a different thread about single payer, previously you gave me the old James Carville line about how people are going to die. I am no politician, so I am not gonna be all over the place. You should just admit much of policy is like picking winners, and like us all you have dogs in the race.
Where?

You have three things now I've called you on to prove your assumptions about me.

1) I like the ACA.

2) I'm for the estate tax.

3) I said people are going to die with mandate removal.

I've been posting here for about a decade now. Should be easy... unless you're gonna go 0 for 3.

You're right I do have dogs in the race. Both my parents have estate tax issues (they're divorced). I'm in my 30s and being forced to pay off the idiocy of the baby boomer generation isn't something I'm stoked about.

Finally though, unlike you, I don't make shit up or throw labels at people... You and Trump are just two peas in a pod.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 01-09-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:14 PM   #26
fast4522

Hey a year from now we will both still be here as partisans for our respective teams won't we? I am not going to change your mind about our 45th President, I am not even trying that.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:18 PM   #27
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Hey a year from now we will both still be here as partisans for our respective teams won't we? I am not going to change your mind about our 45th President, I am not even trying that.
I'm a fiscal small government conservative you're a nationalist populist... got it.

Now please post where I said any of those things.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 01-09-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:41 PM   #28
fast4522

Quote:
I'm a fiscal small government conservative you're a nationalist populist... got it.

Now please post where I said any of those things.
Those labels mean nothing today, several elections ago I was stuffing mailings for Phil Gramm in his NH HQ. They come to town, I get to see them all and decide who to gravitate to. You think that there are many of you, sorry but you know your numbers are shallow. More will get done for the good with President Donald J. Trump than any of your guys, and it will take you twenty years to undo it or at least until your hair goes snow white. The country has had it well past their eyeballs with policy you are for, now it is your turn to not be in the drivers seat. All things considered you will have a safe smooth ride as passenger, won't you?
Old 01-10-2018, 10:35 AM   #29
FantasticDan
gelding

Judge temporarily blocks Trump ending DACA.. Trump has tantrum..

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/10/trum...daca-move.html
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2018, 10:48 AM   #30
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Judge temporarily blocks Trump ending DACA.. Trump has tantrum..

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/10/trum...daca-move.html
It is broken. They run to the 9th circuit court, not for the rule of law but just the opposite. To delay the inevitable.

You do know the facts in fact that the 9th is overturned 90% of the time.
Because they are basically a sanctuary court of fools.Your peers.

Last edited by woodtoo; 01-10-2018 at 10:50 AM.
woodtoo is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: