Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 07-18-2018, 06:57 PM   #31
mikesal57
Veteran

that was awesome!!!
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #32
mikesal57
Veteran

I'm guessing there is no batch control here...meaning it does one at a time ...

????
Old 07-18-2018, 07:40 PM   #33
Curraghchase
Apprentice

You can import multiple files as a batch. Just select multiple files as per the usual way for your operating system.
Curraghchase is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2018, 07:42 PM   #34
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curraghchase View Post
You can import multiple files as a batch. Just select multiple files as per the usual way for your operating system.
Nice...

So the tedious issue is the gathering of all the daily tracks PDF results...

unless your a one track guy..
Old 07-23-2018, 11:59 PM   #35
mikesal57
Veteran

UPDATE....

I just like to thank the S.C.U.M.B.A.G that told the developer to take down his program.......did you think that it would hurt your bottom line if a few people enjoyed a hard earned and requested program that a fellow player made for free?????

On request of horse racing's official data provider, my open-source horse racing data app, #Handycapper, is no longer available. Appreciate all those who tried it out and hoped you enjoyed using it.

Anyway , there is still a way people can get this program....
Old 07-24-2018, 12:24 AM   #36
BCOURTNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
UPDATE....

I just like to thank the S.C.U.M.B.A.G that told the developer to take down his program.......did you think that it would hurt your bottom line if a few people enjoyed a hard earned and requested program that a fellow player made for free?????

On request of horse racing's official data provider, my open-source horse racing data app, #Handycapper, is no longer available. Appreciate all those who tried it out and hoped you enjoyed using it.

Anyway , there is still a way people can get this program....
Too bad someone doesn't choose to fight "horse racing's official data provider" in a court case, the results of horse racing are public (state) records and arguably not subject to copyright at all, particularly under fair use, think there was a case back in the 80's or 90's, can't remember.. I'll have to dig around, The named "official data provider" knew they would lose a challenge in court to a small time provider (that had started their own sheets by reviewing track tapes on the daily).. the big data provider settled out of court for more than would be expected.

If the horsemen understood the popularity of sports wagering is an absolute direct result of public data and public tech companies allowing players and big data firms access, they would reconsider the stove piped data approach. In today's era there is no reason to subsidize data providers that simply don't keep up with the times, it's well past the time to set the data free, in addition there are legally compelling reasons to force the issue, maybe someone can find that old firm.. lol
BCOURTNEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2018, 07:50 AM   #37
upthecreek

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2018, 05:05 PM   #38
Longshot6977

I'm certainly glad I downloaded the Handycapper app when it was available. It is an awesome program that lets you simply download Equibase charts and load them into the app and either use the provided screen or export the results data to an excel spreadsheet.

You can sort by just about anything. e.g. final times, splits, jockeys, trainers, breeders, prices, odds etc. Track profiles can be set up and monitored. The author put every item in the charts into its own field in Excel meaning you can look at and sort by anything you desire.

But I still think the author shouldn't have ceased so easily without a little fight just because Equibase officials told him to and scared him a little. Lousy Equibase. They don't want to grow racing; they want to control it. Hopefully another similar app or even this same app shows up on another website.

Last edited by Longshot6977; 08-02-2018 at 05:11 PM.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2018, 11:40 AM   #39
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Robin Howlett is on live with Steve Byk rightnow - talking about the program.
11:43am EST
Old 08-03-2018, 11:53 AM   #40
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Robin Howlett is on live with Steve Byk rightnow - talking about the program.
11:43am EST

He's not done yet...

Last edited by mikesal57; 08-03-2018 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:15 PM   #41
BadaBing

Does it still work for everybody? Mine works,BUT, today as I was trying to download Saratoga's chart, it won't load. I'm wondering if there was a block put on the charts or something..... anybody else have any problems yet? I'm going to try again later, and again tomorrow as I have it loaded on my computer at work also.
BadaBing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2018, 12:02 AM   #42
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadaBing View Post
Does it still work for everybody? Mine works,BUT, today as I was trying to download Saratoga's chart, it won't load. I'm wondering if there was a block put on the charts or something..... anybody else have any problems yet? I'm going to try again later, and again tomorrow as I have it loaded on my computer at work also.
Funny. I was just coming on here to ask the very same thing. I can't load anything past the 12th. When I tried to download a chart from yesterday, the application freezes. When I tried today's card, you see the outline of the PDF button turn blue, and then nothing happens. Pretty rotten, if they did put a block on it.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:37 AM   #43
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Why doesn't Equibase just make data available cheaply and cut to the chase.

It's already compiled. The cost of distribution at the margin is near zero.

$100 a year for all the HISTORICAL data, even I'd pay for it.

And they might get a LOT of subs.

They can still charge more for the daily files pre race.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2018, 05:05 AM   #44
BadaBing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic Parakeet View Post
Funny. I was just coming on here to ask the very same thing. I can't load anything past the 12th. When I tried to download a chart from yesterday, the application freezes. When I tried today's card, you see the outline of the PDF button turn blue, and then nothing happens. Pretty rotten, if they did put a block on it.
This is EXACTLY what is happening with me.
BadaBing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2018, 10:16 AM   #45
upthecreek

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: