Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-08-2019, 09:25 PM   #1
Big Russ

Santa Anita Hotels

Any suggestions for hotels near SA? Looks like I'll be in the area for big 'cap. Maybe stay 3 nights. Thanks.
Big Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2019, 09:31 PM   #2
wisconsin

Embassy Suites a block or so away. Done that...
Old 01-09-2019, 12:19 AM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Russ View Post
Any suggestions for hotels near SA? Looks like I'll be in the area for big 'cap. Maybe stay 3 nights. Thanks.
I stayed in Burbank the last few times, neat little area with lots to do at night. Easy in and out to SA.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2019, 01:39 AM   #4
Cuffdaddy

Stay in Pasadena , many good hotel choices (Hilton) and lots of quality restaurants on Colorado Blvd and Green St with a nice outdoor mall (Paseo) along with some small music venues. Ten minutes from SA.

Burbank much too far (20 miles) and not any nicer than Pasadena. Arcadia is nice and the Embassy Suites is a staple but the town is a tad sleepy.

Born and raised locally, went to Arcadia High School. Have 2 free clubhouse passes, a 40% off the Farriers package, a free entry to to $40 daily handicapping tournament and 15% off at the gift store. DM me and I will send them to you. Have fun and good luck!!!

Last edited by Cuffdaddy; 01-09-2019 at 01:40 AM.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2019, 07:31 AM   #5
lamboguy

i stay at The Langham in Pasadena. the hotel is in a residential area, there are lots of hills all around the place to run if you are a runner. the hotel has tennis courts as well as a top-notch workout area.

everything is expensive there though, breakfast was about $30 per person if you eat there.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2019, 08:02 AM   #6
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
Stay in Pasadena , many good hotel choices (Hilton) and lots of quality restaurants on Colorado Blvd and Green St with a nice outdoor mall (Paseo) along with some small music venues. Ten minutes from SA.

Burbank much too far (20 miles) and not any nicer than Pasadena. Arcadia is nice and the Embassy Suites is a staple but the town is a tad sleepy.

Born and raised locally, went to Arcadia High School. Have 2 free clubhouse passes, a 40% off the Farriers package, a free entry to to $40 daily handicapping tournament and 15% off at the gift store. DM me and I will send them to you. Have fun and good luck!!!
Don't know you...but that was a nice gesture to another horse player...
Old 01-09-2019, 08:52 AM   #7
biggestal99

I stay at the Howard Johnson’s in pasedena when I attend the BC.

A little walk to the gold line. Next stop Arcadia.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2019, 04:37 PM   #8
agameofskill

Stayed at the Westin in Pasadena, which the wife loved. Great location and property. Pricey though, as you would expect.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:10 PM   #9
ultracapper

Anybody else having a problem logging onto their site? I keep getting re-directed too many times.

Tacky to hijack the thread. Sorry.

Last edited by ultracapper; 01-09-2019 at 06:11 PM.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2019, 06:52 PM   #10
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
Anybody else having a problem logging onto their site? I keep getting re-directed too many times.

Tacky to hijack the thread. Sorry.
They must have fixed it on their side. I couldn't connect on any device but now it's up.

Carry on. Hotels and restaurants and whatnot.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2019, 07:01 PM   #11
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post

I don't know about much too far, guess it is relative, but I stay there due to the close proximity of the airport. I refuse to use LAX any more after taking three hours to get there a few times from Pasadena on a Monday morning.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2019, 07:35 PM   #12
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I don't know about much too far, guess it is relative, but I stay there due to the close proximity of the airport. I refuse to use LAX any more after taking three hours to get there a few times from Pasadena on a Monday morning.
I figured it had to do with the airport. That distance to Burbank depending upon time of day can also be laboring but not close to the dread of a LAX drive on a Monday morning. Ontario airport is a good alternative as well as the traffic in that direction is much less.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2019, 08:06 PM   #13
MonmouthParkJoe

Santa Anita Inn!!!
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2019, 09:02 PM   #14
Johng032

Acadia

I stayed in Acadia at the Hampton Inn. It is within a mile of the track on the main drag. There was also a Hilton Garden Inn and A Courtyard by Marriot on the same block. Not much night life but plenty of places to eat and hang including two brew pubs and The Derby restaurant.
Johng032 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2019, 06:37 AM   #15
Big Russ

Thanks to everyone who responded. Very much appreciated.
Big Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: