Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-19-2018, 09:27 PM   #1
dnlgfnk

"We Already Have Freedom of the Press...

...What we need is freedom from the press"--G.K. Chesterton

I didn't view any thread regarding the exposure of the Der Spiegel journalist, Claas Relotius, as having invented roughly 60 stories over a lengthy time period. He was CNN's 2014 "Journalist of the Year". The hammer began to fall when he falsely portrayed life under Trump in the rural community of Fergus Falls, MN...

https://medium.com/@micheleanderson/...n-d92f3e0e01a7

I am a political independent, but I thought the major political demographic here would be all over this. Maybe I missed something.
dnlgfnk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2018, 10:17 PM   #2
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgfnk View Post

I didn't view any thread regarding the exposure of the Der Spiegel journalist, Claas Relotius, as having invented roughly 60 stories over a lengthy time period. He was CNN's 2014 "Journalist of the Year". The hammer began to fall when he falsely portrayed life under Trump in the rural community of Fergus Falls, MN...

I am a political independent, but I thought the major political demographic here would be all over this. Maybe I missed something.
When you say that you are “a political independent” do you mean that you are not a “statist”....

...true “political independents” are free in NO states...meaning, they are not Nationalists, Communists, Canadians, Israelis...what have you...?
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2018, 10:24 PM   #3
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post

...true “political independents” are free in NO states...meaning, they are not Nationalists, Communists, Canadians, Israelis...what have you...?

No, political independents make up their minds about various issues on their own, based on their own thinking without regard to the policy of parties or other groups.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:58 PM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

1 down a million to go.......
Old 12-19-2018, 11:00 PM   #5
dnlgfnk

Quote:
When you say that you are “a political independent” do you mean that you are not a “statist”....

What Clocker said.

In the shortest paraphrase I can muster, "Republicans torture prisoners. Democrats torture babies".
dnlgfnk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2018, 11:41 PM   #6
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
What Clocker said.

In the shortest paraphrase I can muster, "Republicans torture prisoners. Democrats torture babies".
Is there now no place on earth where there are neither, where men can truly be FREE...?
Old 12-20-2018, 12:55 AM   #7
Clocker

Quote:
Is there now no place on earth where there are neither, where men can truly be FREE...?
There are neither in the minds of people who think for themselves. Places where such people are even close to the majority are scarce if not non-existent. Following a crowd is always the path of least resistance, as evidenced by the majority of people in this country who religiously vote the party ticket, Republican or Democrat.

The evidence is clear here in this little corner of the world. How posters many here were rabidly 100% for or against anything Obama wanted? How many are 100% rabidly for or against Trump?
Old 12-20-2018, 01:17 AM   #8
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
There are neither in the minds of people who think for themselves. Places where such people are even close to the majority are scarce if not non-existent. Following a crowd is always the path of least resistance, as evidenced by the majority of people in this country who religiously vote the party ticket, Republican or Democrat.

The evidence is clear here in this little corner of the world. How posters many here were rabidly 100% for or against anything Obama wanted? How many are 100% rabidly for or against Trump?
Republican, Democrat doesn’t matter anymore...this ‘THING’ that we all find ourselves living in feels more like a snare to entrapped animals .....we are being fenced-in, enmeshed, enthralled, in political dogma, legality, fake money-creation and debt, labor, and runaway consumption...people who ‘think for themselves’ are just as bound-up in it all as everyone else...
Old 12-20-2018, 08:13 AM   #9
sammy the sage

Quote:
Republican, Democrat doesn’t matter anymore...this ‘THING’ that we all find ourselves living in feels more like a snare to entrapped animals .....we are being fenced-in, enmeshed, enthralled, in political dogma, legality, fake money-creation and debt, labor, and runaway consumption...people who ‘think for themselves’ are just as bound-up in it all as everyone else...
You're beating a DEAD horse....I as well several other posters here...have over the several years....basically posted the same thing....some will acknowledge you're right....then go right BACK to what they were doing...

So if you're right...what ARE YOU going to about....or better yet....those of us who also think that...what CAN WE do about it...
Old 12-20-2018, 09:02 AM   #10
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
You're beating a DEAD horse....I as well several other posters here...have over the several years....basically posted the same thing....some will acknowledge you're right....then go right BACK to what they were doing...

So if you're right...what ARE YOU going to about....or better yet....those of us who also think that...what CAN WE do about it...
Just continue along the mental emigration path...they have already lost many of us older thinkers...it is not JUST that they lie to us...it’s ALSO that WE DON’T BELIEVE THEM ANYMORE....but I know that engagement is crucial in maintaining Republics, but we lost the Republic long ago and it is not coming back anytime soon...this is a different political animal that we now live under...

...it is a MASS CULTURE yoked under MASS MEANS OF CONTROL, MANIPULATION, AND SURVEILLANCE.

Tha quaintness and small town feel has all been drained into the various urban Metropoles, veritable wastelands of banality and anonymity; the central original political consensus and identity did not hold; and we are awash and adrift in the murkiness of cultural polyglotism and identity politics rivalry and conflagrations and subsequent carnage and displacements...
Old 12-20-2018, 10:19 AM   #11
sammy the sage

Quote:
Just continue along the mental emigration path...they have already lost many of us older thinkers...it is not JUST that they lie to us...it’s ALSO that WE DON’T BELIEVE THEM ANYMORE....but I know that engagement is crucial in maintaining Republics, but we lost the Republic long ago and it is not coming back anytime soon...this is a different political animal that we now live under...

...it is a MASS CULTURE yoked under MASS MEANS OF CONTROL, MANIPULATION, AND SURVEILLANCE.

Tha quaintness and small town feel has all been drained into the various urban Metropoles, veritable wastelands of banality and anonymity; the central original political consensus and identity did not hold; and we are awash and adrift in the murkiness of cultural polyglotism and identity politics rivalry and conflagrations and subsequent carnage and displacements...
So...and...you're right....now what....you dodged THE questions....what are you/we/us....going to DO ABOUT it...???
Old 12-20-2018, 11:33 AM   #12
boxcar

Quote:
Only the Truth can set you free; and you won't read or hear that from the media.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:36 AM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

If we have a free press, why is my POST $1?
Old 12-20-2018, 02:09 PM   #14
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
So...and...you're right....now what....you dodged THE questions....what are you/we/us....going to DO ABOUT it...???
I didn’t dodge the question, Sammy, I said...”Continue down the mental emigration path”....that’s my answer...

...basically, I ain’t gonna do nothin’ about it...

I’ve come to the conclusion that this petri-dish we all find ourselves swimming in is really just a war-of-all-against-all...It is, essentially, a Union-of-Egoists, always has been, always will be...some people understand the nature of their own egoism, while others call it by a different name, ie, Politics, Patriotism, Christianity, Philanthropy, etc...

The essential question for every person to ask themselves is: Are you your own, first and foremost..? Or are you somebody or something else’s first, and then, only after that, your own...?

I acknowledge my own egoism and rarely try to disguise it...

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 12-20-2018 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:21 PM   #15
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Should the United States just dissolve itself for being illegitimate or not?

I say no.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply