Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:28 PM   #16
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

The times for the 10th today at Gulfstream are absurd. There is no data currently on the Trakus charts, but the times in the Equibase charts came from somewhere and they are a joke.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2015, 06:30 PM   #17
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
In the final hours of 2015, here is the POST OF THE YEAR!
I appreciate the kind words Mr. Tom but my post is near # 5000 or so.

It's just SO annoying to NOT be able to even trust a PP line.

I mean, HOW MUCH (TITLE OF FEMALE PARENT) (RHYMES WITH DRUNKEN) work does a horseplayer need to do?????

Now I need to not only watch a replay 5 times of every horse, I need to have my stop watch out to time all quarters for these MONETARILY COMPENSATED USELESSLY INCOMPETENT SHERIFF ROSCOE P COLTRAINE, IDIOTS?

I'm tired. I don't have an extra 30 hours a week to invest.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2015, 06:44 PM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I just looked at that whole day, and that R1 M40 22.88 looks funny offhand - heading to Trakus now to verify it. R5 demands double checking as well.

At while ago, Doug S. posted on Derby Trails an idea where he looked for pace rating 30 points above the final rating for key race. I took that to heart and do a report where I look at all the races to find such spots, but looks like I ust added a step to that process whereby those race will need to be verified by another source.

Hats off for the catch, and Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2015, 06:46 PM   #19
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I just looked at that whole day, and that R1 M40 22.88 looks funny offhand - heading to Trakus now to verify it. R5 demands double checking as well.

At while ago, Doug S. posted on Derby Trails an idea where he looked for pace rating 30 points above the final rating for key race. I took that to heart and do a report where I look at all the races to find such spots, but looks like I ust added a step to that process whereby those race will need to be verified by another source.

Hats off for the catch, and Happy New Year!
Just FYI...that Trakus times are the times in the charts, there is no other source at Gulfstream any longer.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:50 PM   #20
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

That's OK, I never stopped boycotting Gulfstream.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:53 PM   #21
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
That's OK, I never stopped boycotting Gulfstream.
I have bet one race there since Dec 5th. Hate the fact they REFUSE to properly time a race.

But what do they care, they handle too much because the weather is just fine down in Florida.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:35 AM   #22
outofthebox

Delta did it again last night..7th race another 5f dash and you can see the timer stop a few strides before the wire. Between the chart caller missing bad breaks and steadies, and now the timer issue, you can find yourself some juicy bets and throw outs. I've mentioned the timing issue to the dir. of racing, but in one ear out the other..
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2016, 10:39 AM   #23
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox
Delta did it again last night..7th race another 5f dash and you can see the timer stop a few strides before the wire. Between the chart caller missing bad breaks and steadies, and now the timer issue, you can find yourself some juicy bets and throw outs. I've mentioned the timing issue to the dir. of racing, but in one ear out the other..
I agree, many gems are found via their errors but after a while, it really does get annoying.

One here and there is understandable. There's just too many timing errors at too many tracks.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:42 AM   #24
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

A guy has a job to do chart for one track, 9 activities a day, and he can't get it right. Another nephew working at Delta. Hey, where else could total incompetent find work if it weren't for the racing industry and Equibad? They would all be on welfare, but at least no doing any damage.

Delta is on my list on No-play tracks.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:08 PM   #25
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I agree, many gems are found via their errors but after a while, it really does get annoying.

One here and there is understandable. There's just too many timing errors at too many tracks.

Yeah, it can be a find, but most of the time figure guys like me or Beyer or whoever know something is fishy and it is built into the figure anyway, so the value isn't as much as people pretend. It just gets super annoying.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:55 PM   #26
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Yeah, it can be a find, but most of the time figure guys like me or Beyer or whoever know something is fishy and it is built into the figure anyway, so the value isn't as much as people pretend. It just gets super annoying.
I like the chart errors, from a trip note perspective. Hope they keep being lazy.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:58 PM   #27
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I like the chart errors, from a trip note perspective. Hope they keep being lazy.
I'm fine with that, those are subjective mostly, it is the factual stuff that annoys the hell out of me.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:18 PM   #28
thespaah

Quote:
AQU Dec 16 Race 9. Anyone think the 1st quarter is off by .80 - 1.00 ?

There is no way they ran 22.63, in my opinion.

Am I crazy? Yes, we know that is a yes. But am I wrong in this case?

Figure we can create a thread totally dedicated to fractional errors to help one another.
TRAKUS had the leader at the 1/4 in 23.54
https://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/handic...ueduct-trakus/
Equibase had the leader at the 1/4 in 22.63....Weird....Both sources had the winner breaking the beam in 1:12.86
http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbP...&RACE=A&BorP=B
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2016, 06:20 PM   #29
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
TRAKUS had the leader at the 1/4 in 23.54
https://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/handic...ueduct-trakus/
Equibase had the leader at the 1/4 in 22.63....Weird....Both sources had the winner breaking the beam in 1:12.86
http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbP...&RACE=A&BorP=B
I already pointed out this was just a typo by the chart caller, the 23 and change is right on the replay.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:46 PM   #30
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I already pointed out this was just a typo by the chart caller, the 23 and change is right on the replay.
The point I was making was 22.63 is a typo. The actual is 23.63. However TRAKUS had the opening quarter in 23.54
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: