Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #46
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Nov 1st in the 3rd race at Penn National, the winner was DQd for coming over at the start and squeezing a few horses. To me, this is something that i see happen a lot, and its part of the game and rarely does this move come down.

Tough DQ if you had the winner.
That was the race I posted about. Cost me A LOT! He did very little to nothing. Then a few minutes after, Bayern takes out a sledge hammer, bashes and crashes his opposition at the gate and gets left up.

Hate this game.... still bitter
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2014, 10:48 PM   #47
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
That was the race I posted about. Cost me A LOT! He did very little to nothing. Then a few minutes after, Bayern takes out a sledge hammer, bashes and crashes his opposition at the gate and gets left up.

Hate this game.... still bitter
The inconsistency is maddening, almost all horseplayers bet more than one track, so if you do, and you are a good soldier and support the game thru the windows, you deserve better. There's no pain more intense than being on the wrong end of the judges on essentially the same exact thing at two different tracks.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #48
Stillriledup
Veteran

Ridiculously shaky DQ at TuP in the last race of the 5.

Beyond words.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #49
appistappis
longshot kick de bucket

one of the guys at the o.t.b had the 1 all 5 in that last race at TP today.....I cannot believe they took the 5 down.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #50
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by appistappis
one of the guys at the o.t.b had the 1 all 5 in that last race at TP today.....I cannot believe they took the 5 down.
It was a bizarre takedown, i think 70-1 had a lot to do with it. They left the 1-1 shot who also came in and was just as guilty.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:49 PM   #51
appistappis
longshot kick de bucket

sru, thats exactly what we saw....my buddy had 1/all/4, when that 5 came down.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:37 PM   #52
Stillriledup
Veteran

What it really comes down to in the inquiry game is whims. Yes, sometimes the judges are in a DQing type of mood, other times they are not. For example, today's 5th at Los Al. The 1 horse carries the 2 and another rival on turn 1, no inquiry there, than the 6 crashes the 4 in the lane and costs that horse a board spot, but no inquiry there either...just a quick official, no harms no fouls, no whims, no problem.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #53
Stillriledup
Veteran

Nice LONG inquiry in the 7th at Penn National.

So, they run the race and its over for at least 5 minutes maybe more and they announce a jocks objection, which was random and frivilous against the winner and the runner up (why not just object against the entire field and see if the blind mice bite).

The horse who objected was objecting against horses who were nowhere near him, he stood up and checked up his horse for absolutely no reason, but here's the funny thing.....the judges looked at this 50 times. Yes, 50. When it was patently clear the jock was just scared of his own shadow and checked up his horse for no real reason, nobody who was objected against was even near the guy at the time.

Unbelievable.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:39 PM   #54
Stillriledup
Veteran

I don't know if i agree with the DQ at Los Al in the 7th, but i benefitted with my 3 all 1 tri. They rarely, if ever, hand me money, but they did this time.

I guess if a jock falls off someone has to be DQd. is that how it works?
Old 12-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #55
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Should I change thread title to "SRU discusses every objection or inquiry ever" or leave as is?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2014, 07:06 PM   #56
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Should I change thread title to "SRU discusses every objection or inquiry ever" or leave as is?
Why not discuss it if it needs discussing? If you think it was a legit DQ, why not say so. I'm not sure it was, but i didnt watch it really carefully.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:07 PM   #57
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Why not discuss it if it needs discussing? If you think it was a legit DQ, why not say so. I'm not sure it was, but i didnt watch it really carefully.
You didn't discuss anything, just threw in an "I cashed".
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2014, 07:09 PM   #58
Dark Horse

Quote:
I don't know if i agree with the DQ at Los Al in the 7th, but i benefitted with my 3 all 1 tri. They rarely, if ever, hand me money, but they did this time.

I guess if a jock falls off someone has to be DQd. is that how it works?
I had the 8 to win and place. Can't believe they took him down for interference down the backstretch. The horse did nothing wrong. It was just a fluke having to do with the configuration of the track. I hope the 6 is ok.

Last edited by Dark Horse; 12-13-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #59
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
You didn't discuss anything, just threw in an "I cashed".
I've been criticized for not ever admitting that a DQ benefits me, so i finally had one that did, i mentioned it for those who have said i only complain about DQ when they cost me money.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #60
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
I had the 8 to win and place. Can't believe they took him down for interference down the backstretch. The horse did nothing wrong. It was just a fluke having to do with the configuration of the track. I hope the 6 is ok.
That was what i was thinking, it happened at the odd part of the track, yet that wasn't really taken into consideration.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: