Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-23-2013, 03:47 AM   #1
newtothegame

No planned parenthood???

Mosty....I thought you said and keep saying planned parenthood no longer exist???

Maybe someone should tell the president that. The WH is saying he is attending a planned parenthood gala this thursday.....

"
Obama has a busy week. That night, he will headline a Planned Parenthood fundraiser in Washington, D.C. The White House says, “On Thursday, the president and the first lady will attend the dedication ceremony of the George W. Bush Presidential Center. Later in the day, they will return to Washington, D.C., and later in the evening, the president will attend the Planned Parenthood Gala.” Obama still has not commented substantively on the Kermit Gosnell trial in Philadelphia"
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ned-Parenthood
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame
Mosty....I thought you said and keep saying planned parenthood no longer exist???
Pretty sure you are thinking of ACORN.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame

Maybe someone should tell the president that. The WH is saying he is attending a planned parenthood gala this thursday.....

"
Obama has a busy week. That night, he will headline a Planned Parenthood fundraiser in Washington, D.C. The White House says, “On Thursday, the president and the first lady will attend the dedication ceremony of the George W. Bush Presidential Center. Later in the day, they will return to Washington, D.C., and later in the evening, the president will attend the Planned Parenthood Gala.” Obama still has not commented substantively on the Kermit Gosnell trial in Philadelphia"
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ned-Parenthood
Nope. Never said that.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Pretty sure you are thinking of ACORN.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
newtothegame

well crapola.......

My apologies mosty .......
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
GaryG
Unreconstructed

The problem with PP is that the "planning" is not done with contraceptives, onanism or abstinence. It is done with abortions, many of them late term. Abortionists are opportunistic murdering bastards that are no better than the Boston bomber.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
The problem with PP is that the "planning" is not done with contraceptives, onanism or abstinence. It is done with abortions, many of them late term.
Gary,

Personally, I am not a zealot against abortion, although (In general) I am against it.

I strongly agree with your statement. PP seems to think that abortion is just a form of "late" contraception.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Planned Parenthood?
Abortion, contraception, is NOT parenthood.
Births - that is parenthood.

Crazy libs - must be their poor educational system.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #9
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG
The problem with PP is that the "planning" is not done with contraceptives, onanism or abstinence. It is done with abortions, many of them late term. Abortionists are opportunistic murdering bastards that are no better than the Boston bomber.
The only problem with your statement above is that is completely wrong and at total variance with the facts. Here are the actual stats on Planned Parenthood services. These are from the Wikipedia page on PP.

1. Counseling on and providing contraceptives: 35%-one third of their services concern something you claim they don't do at all.

2. Treatment of STDs: 35%

3. Treatment and prevention of Cancer and/or cancer related issues: 16%

4. Pregnancy/prenatal/midlife issues: 10%

5. Here it is; the service that you think is the number one, exclusive service of Planned Parenthood turns out to be the least frequent single service they provide at 3%.

6. others: 1%.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #10
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
Gary,

Personally, I am not a zealot against abortion, although (In general) I am against it.

I strongly agree with your statement. PP seems to think that abortion is just a form of "late" contraception.
It seems to me that Planned Parenthood considers abortion as the least desirable method of dealing with pregnancy. Read my #9 above. 35% of their services deal with methods of contraception. 3% of their services deal with abortion. That is a twelve to one ratio. Obviously, despite what some of our less well informed posters think, Planned Parenthood is not just about performing abortions.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #11
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Planned Parenthood?
, contraception, is NOT parenthood.
Births - that is parenthood.

Crazy libs - must be their poor educational system.
I removed the word abortion from your post because I want to talk about contraception only. Abortion adds a whole other dimension.

Contraception is parenthood, responsible parenthood. A married couple which has children or which feels they are not ready for children has the right to take the necessary measure to keep from becoming pregnant.

Responsible parenthood includes not conceiving a child which you are not ready to care for.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #12
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
IResponsible parenthood includes not conceiving a child which you are not ready to care for.
Well, that explains why 50, count-em, 50-MILLION people are MIA in this nation...They just didn't "CARE"....

Murder is now analogous to "not ready to care"....I get it...

God help us, what has this once-great, God fearing nation, become ?
Old 04-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #13
tbwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
It seems to me that Planned Parenthood considers abortion as the least desirable method of dealing with pregnancy. Read my #9 above. 35% of their services deal with methods of contraception. 3% of their services deal with abortion. That is a twelve to one ratio. Obviously, despite what some of our less well informed posters think, Planned Parenthood is not just about performing abortions.

"While Planned Parenthood affiliates performed a record number of abortions in 2011, the organization made only 2,300 adoption referrals and provided fewer than 30,000 prenatal services. Roughly 40 percent of the organization’s reported contraceptive services last year were the provision of more than 1.4 million emergency contraception kits, which many believe can cause an abortion in early pregnancy"

http://blog.heritage.org/2013/01/09/...nment-funding/

2,300 adoption referrals to 333,964 abortions. 800+ locations nationwide. Go ahead and spin that.

And why is there no media outrage of Kermit Gosnell? His actions were despicable. We hear nothing from the media or either side of the political spectrum.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #14
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner
"While Planned Parenthood affiliates performed a record number of abortions in 2011, the organization made only 2,300 adoption referrals and provided fewer than 30,000 prenatal services. Roughly 40 percent of the organization’s reported contraceptive services last year were the provision of more than 1.4 million emergency contraception kits, which many believe can cause an abortion in early pregnancy"

2,300 adoption referrals to 333,964 abortions. 800+ locations nationwide. Go ahead and spin that.

And why is there no media outrage of Kermit Gosnell? His actions were despicable. We hear nothing from the media or either side of the political spectrum.
Planned Parenthood provides counseling, but in the end they do what their client asks them to do. So If there were 2,300 adoption referrals that is because 2,300 or their clients requested adoption referrals. If there were 333,964 abortion referrals it is because 333,964 clients requested abortion referrals. BTW, I don't think PP does abortions, but they are affiliated with abortion providers. It may be a distinction without a difference, but it is a distinction.

As for Kermit Gosnell, he has nothing to do with either Planned Parenthood or any legitimate abortion providers. Furthermore, on the first page of a google search I found stories on his trial from Huffington Post, Slate, the New York Times, The Atlantic Magazine, ABC News and Fox News. I did not find anything on the subject from Mad Magazine. That must be what you are referring to when you complain about a lack of coverage.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #15
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner

The Heritage article states that Planned Parenthood provided 30,000 prenatal services. WIkipedia puts that number at 1,178,369. I know which number I trust. It is not 30,000.