Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 02-14-2024, 11:44 AM   #16
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Sea Hero; Thunder Gulch; War Emblem; Mine That Bird; Animal Kingdom; Rich Strike; Curlin; Rachel Alexandra; National Treasure; Touch Gold; Victory Gallop; Sarava
When was Sea Hero not with Mack Miller?
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2024, 07:15 PM   #17
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
When was Sea Hero not with Mack Miller?
Flint Schulhofer was trainer of record when he ran all those terrible races at Gulfstream in the winter before the Derby.

I never noticed that when he was actually running, but that's what his PPs say.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2024, 08:01 PM   #18
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Flint Schulhofer was trainer of record when he ran all those terrible races at Gulfstream in the winter before the Derby.

I never noticed that when he was actually running, but that's what his PPs say.
Interesting. I don't remember that. I bet Mack stayed in South Carolina and Scotty took him for the Winter to get him ready for the Derby.
Old 02-14-2024, 08:39 PM   #19
BarchCapper

Quote:
Interesting. I don't remember that. I bet Mack stayed in South Carolina and Scotty took him for the Winter to get him ready for the Derby.
Here's a NY Times article - blurb calls Scotty "surrogate trainer".

https://www.nytimes.com/1993/02/08/s...-the-dust.html
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2024, 09:04 PM   #20
Spalding No!

Quote:
Yep; Rokeby, Claiborne, Buckland Farm, Dogwood, & I'm sure several others used to winter at Aiken & they ran some training races for the 2yos near the end of the season.

I think Forty Niner & Summer Squall were the poster children for those 2yo trials after they both went on a tear at Saratoga as a 2yos.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2024, 05:43 PM   #21
burnsy
self medicated

I don’t know it’s February 15th . May 4 th is a long way off people . Do people see what’s been going on? Are their memories this bad ? Baffert is booted for a while now and somehow people forgot ( not news ) ? Plus, let’s just see who even makes it to May . And I mean the morning of May 4 th . Because it’s getting to the point that making the first leg is some kind of physical feat …….. let alone all three. It’s getting ridiculous at this point . Is anyone paying attention? A lot of this speculation at its worse .

Nine months from now

Last edited by burnsy; 02-15-2024 at 05:44 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2024, 09:38 PM   #22
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I don’t know it’s February 15th . May 4 th is a long way off people . Do people see what’s been going on? Are their memories this bad ? Baffert is booted for a while now and somehow people forgot ( not news ) ? Plus, let’s just see who even makes it to May . And I mean the morning of May 4 th . Because it’s getting to the point that making the first leg is some kind of physical feat …….. let alone all three. It’s getting ridiculous at this point . Is anyone paying attention? A lot of this speculation at its worse .

Nine months from now
Hitting the hi-grade John?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.