Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-04-2019, 09:07 PM   #1
mostpost

Thank you, President Trump

I did my taxes today. One of the things they tell you at the end is what your total tax for the year is. I got to thinking how much did I save this year compared to last due to the Trump so called tax cuts.

So, I looked at last years and it turns out my savings last year to this are $313. Or, less than a dollar a day-86 cents to be exact. I can't even buy a freakin' newspaper for that.

In exchange for that $313 I get Trillion dollar deficits, massive increases in pollution, suppression of voters rights, racism and bigotry at the highest levels of government, and no increase in investment from those who benefit the most from those cuts.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:20 PM   #2
Boris

Why would anyone buy a newspaper?
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2019, 09:23 PM   #3
davew

We can only imagine how much better it would have been with Hillary on a fixed income.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2019, 09:24 PM   #4
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I did my taxes today. One of the things they tell you at the end is what your total tax for the year is. I got to thinking how much did I save this year compared to last due to the Trump so called tax cuts.

So, I looked at last years and it turns out my savings last year to this are $313. Or, less than a dollar a day-86 cents to be exact. I can't even buy a freakin' newspaper for that.

In exchange for that $313 I get Trillion dollar deficits, massive increases in pollution, suppression of voters rights, racism and bigotry at the highest levels of government, and no increase in investment from those who benefit the most from those cuts.
Sounds like you need some warm milk, a safe space, and your favorite blanket. Or bettor yet. Give it back to the postal service. They could use it. To cover the cost of the laziest employees. Give it back, or stop whining.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2019, 09:34 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Yes, since it is so little, donate it to the General Fund.
Post your receipt here for us all to see.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:46 PM   #6
garyscpa

Quote:

Good news! You won't be here to deal with the deficit.
garyscpa is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2019, 10:58 PM   #7
wisconsin

Quote:

Yawn.

At least now you can afford the postage increase. Unless you are going to donate it back, I mean, it's not that much, right?

Last edited by wisconsin; 02-04-2019 at 10:59 PM.
wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2019, 11:15 PM   #8
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
Yawn.

At least now you can afford the postage increase. Unless you are going to donate it back, I mean, it's not that much, right?
The retired need to pay sometimes quarterly for the income that has not been taxed right. It is not automatic a retired person pays no tax, some take in almost what working people do. Everyone has a different picture, the threads originator only posted a small caption of his spin. Someone who works and is paid every two weeks might get to keep $90 more that helps with real world prices faced every day. Can anyone say such a paultry $90 does not help the average worker?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2019, 11:24 PM   #9
horses4courses

Quote:
massive increases in pollution, suppression of voters rights, racism and bigotry at the highest levels of government, and no increase in investment from those who benefit the most from those cuts.
Music to conservative ears!
You sure know how to warm their hearts, mostie
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2019, 11:26 PM   #10
fast4522

I tell you what, a couple of my heroes.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180310032838.jpg (135.8 KB, 5 views)
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2019, 11:37 PM   #11
barn32
tmrpots

barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2019, 08:34 AM   #12
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

Only a goofy Democrat would complain about more money in his pocket

I’m going to guess since you’re retired your income isn’t huge. You don’t own any property and partake in very little else that would give you a bigger break. You’re not exactly the target of cuts.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:45 AM   #13
reckless
Veteran

Quote:

Tell us, where do you live again? Oh, yes, a near lilly-white town close to Chicago. So, I assume you have a 100 + per cent record of voting the straight Democrat Party line. No wonder your State and Local taxes are sky high. Blame yourself and your neighbors for continuing to vote for politicians that have one hand in your pocket and the other hand covering your eyes.

Quote:
All this: the deficits, pollution, especially the suppression of voters rights --patented by Illinois Democrats, racism and bigotry --another Democrat Party invention and legacy, were all there long before Donald Trump was even a candidate, much less President.

Last edited by reckless; 02-05-2019 at 09:51 AM.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2019, 11:08 AM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Just filed my taxes.

Paying over $3,000 LESS than last year, Federal taxes.

Oh goody goody goody....now I can afford a few newspapers!

Last edited by Tom; 02-05-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2019, 11:11 AM   #15
davew

I heard a rumor that people that were unemployed during the 0bama tyranny and now have jobs are paying more in taxes as well. The world is not just.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply