Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-26-2019, 03:07 AM   #31
arw629
First Time Gelding

Race 8 Saturday is a very interesting MSW for registered Ohio Breds. I think the 6th race on January 8th will prove to be a strong race going forward. Attack Angle (2) drew the rail pp here and was ultra impressive last time after a very poor start. There is a ton of speed here and should be very dangerous with a decent start but will probably be very overbet. Any input Mountainman?
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2019, 08:41 AM   #32
rrpic6

Let's try that 18K Pick 4 carryover again. With all eyes on the Pegasus at Gulfstream, some smart money might let the locals get a nice prize.

Race 5: ,,,,

Race 6: ,,

Race 7: ,,,,

Race 8: ,

Cost is $75

If you want to go Caveman:

ALL/,,/ALL/

Cost is $198

RR
Old 01-26-2019, 11:18 AM   #33
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw629 View Post
Race 8 Saturday is a very interesting MSW for registered Ohio Breds. I think the 6th race on January 8th will prove to be a strong race going forward. Attack Angle (2) drew the rail pp here and was ultra impressive last time after a very poor start. There is a ton of speed here and should be very dangerous with a decent start but will probably be very overbet. Any input Mountainman?
Don't disagree with anything you've said. But the beyer and today's obvious pace -scenario will destroy the price. And the private sale of such a promising prospect makes me leery. Very leery. Given a good ohio bred, Rivelli is more than willing to quarter the horse in Chicago and shuttle. He's not normally looking to sell or leave the horse behind with another trainer.

FWIW...If the surface permits closing today, my ticket(s) will lean heavily on #7 Lunar Approach in race 5 .

Best of luck today, sir.

Last edited by mountainman; 01-26-2019 at 11:25 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2019, 12:36 PM   #34
bello
Veteran

Geez, race 5 is a tough one

P4 5789/37/1/23

#3 in last race has an interesting rider switch
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2019, 12:48 PM   #35
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
Don't disagree with anything you've said. But the beyer and today's obvious pace -scenario will destroy the price. And the private sale of such a promising prospect makes me leery. Very leery. Given a good ohio bred, Rivelli is more than willing to quarter the horse in Chicago and shuttle. He's not normally looking to sell or leave the horse behind with another trainer.

FWIW...If the surface permits closing today, my ticket(s) will lean heavily on #7 Lunar Approach in race 5 .

Best of luck today, sir.
Very interesting late pick 4. Lunar Approach should be able to get a nice trip with this post. I’ll admit I think I overlooked this one but the last race was sneaky good considering she was buried inside. There is a lot to think about in this race and Im going to take a shot with Waki Patriot who might get first run on Sneakthegiantpearl. I also thought On the Clock was interesting at a big price. Pappada is having a great meet and is almost 30% second time in the barn. She should be in the mix. There are races to go back to that make her fast enough to win.

Back to the finale. Your points are well taken and I feel like Attack Angle will be very overbet. Plus not sure how much kickback Attack Angle dealt with last time
Considering how bad the start was and how wide the trip was. Lots of questions imo
Old 01-26-2019, 02:16 PM   #36
stuball

good one

Thanks for the winner

Quote:

Best of luck today, sir.
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2019, 05:04 PM   #37
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:

Best of luck today, sir.
Nicely done. I thought the track played fair today. Do you agree?
Old 01-26-2019, 09:46 PM   #38
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6 View Post
Let's try that 18K Pick 4 carryover again. With all eyes on the Pegasus at Gulfstream, some smart money might let the locals get a nice prize.

Race 5: ,,,,

Race 6: ,,

Race 7: ,,,,

Race 8: ,

Cost is $75

If you want to go Caveman:

ALL/,,/ALL/

Cost is $198

RR
Soooo very close, rr. Good pickin, would have been a nice payoff given the cost of the ticket.
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2019, 03:27 PM   #39
arw629
First Time Gelding

Sir Stevieboy was quite the head scratcher in the second today at 50-1...he won like a 4-5 shot
Old 01-29-2019, 07:09 PM   #40
mountainman

Golden rail apparent very early, sir.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2019, 07:23 PM   #41
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:
Golden rail apparent very early, sir.
I’m not denying that it wasn’t a gold rail today bc every winner rode the pine for most of the races but this horse hasn’t shown anything recently at all.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:49 PM   #42
arw629
First Time Gelding

Mahoning is absolutely packed today. The south lot is completely full and many cars are parked in the grass. I like the entry in the 8th and Cookstown Creed in the finale if anyone is playing along. Check it out ! Beautiful day here after the ice cold week that was.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:43 PM   #43
rrpic6

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw629 View Post
Mahoning is absolutely packed today. The south lot is completely full and many cars are parked in the grass. I like the entry in the 8th and Cookstown Creed in the finale if anyone is playing along. Check it out ! Beautiful day here after the ice cold week that was.

Total bet on track was just over $38,000. Considering about 1000 people can fit in the betting areas, this was a good day. A small Pick 4 carryover ($1785) along with the Buckeye Pick 6 Carryover of $16,500 should make Monday's card interesting. Not to mention how much moisture is sitting below the track surface, waiting to thaw and make it a mud fest.

RR
Old 02-05-2019, 11:09 AM   #44
turfeyejoe

Track conditions/late pick 4

Must be some problem with a portion of the track that caused all 6F races to be reduced to 5.5 furlongs. But routes remain intact. Is the track muddy after the freeze and thaw?
RRPic: Interested to see your selections for today's late pick 4.
turfeyejoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2019, 05:18 PM   #45
rrpic6

A decision was made at 11:30 AM this morning to cancel the races. We all want the horses and riders to be as safe as possible. The continuous thaw of over a foot of snow and ice that has turned into a peanut butter like mix of mud and sand is certainly dangerous for man and beast.

RR

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: