Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-18-2019, 07:55 PM   #46
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
Instead of this why don't they have odds for who finishes last and an exacta for the last two horses. Or you could have twin exactas, first two horses and the last two horses.
If you thought it was easy to fix the outcome of a race on the win end,
getting paid for coming last opens up a huge can of worms on the integrity factor.
Not worth offering.
to get that moron elected. They are ruthless bastards.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2019, 07:56 PM   #47
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
Instead of this why don't they have odds for who finishes last and an exacta for the last two horses. Or you could have twin exactas, first two horses and the last two horses.
too easy to fix

I thought I was going to see a dead heat today, curious on how they split the pool (one got DQ'd to 2nd)

Betfair with low priced horses deadheat can get back less than your bet
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2019, 11:02 PM   #48
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
If you thought it was easy to fix the outcome of a race on the win end,
getting paid for coming last opens up a huge can of worms on the integrity factor.
Not worth offering.
Yeah. Honestly I am not much of a fan of the Super High Five. Even 5th place is far enough back that there can be integrity issues.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2019, 11:48 PM   #49
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Yeah. Honestly I am not much of a fan of the Super High Five. Even 5th place is far enough back that there can be integrity issues.
Agree. Every jockey seems to have their own way of finishing a race when it becomes apparent that they aren't competing for the win money any longer. I hate watching helplessly as the horse I need to finish third for my trifecta has a 1/2 length lead over the 4th place horse at the 16th and the jock has basically started to think about the next mount.

God help you if you're in this spot and KentD is on your horse.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2019, 08:01 AM   #50
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Similarly, who wants to see a jock whipping and scrubbing furiously to pass tired runners to get from seventh to fifth...15 lengths behind the leaders? Not a good look.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2019, 03:54 PM   #51
airford1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
Similarly, who wants to see a jock whipping and scrubbing furiously to pass tired runners to get from seventh to fifth...15 lengths behind the leaders? Not a good look.
But that is where the nature of the wagers have gone. That is what makes the game look bad to a bettor that is playing these wagers. I as a former owner dont want the jockey to to waste my horse to finish 4th or 5th if their best race can be save.
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2019, 04:47 PM   #52
LemonSoupKid

This is included in my Stronach 5 post, maybe you all can help. I was at the OTB a few weeks back and wanted to bet the Roulette at SA on my automated teller ... I didn't see it listed. Similarly I'm wondering if you can, and how you can, bet the Stronach 5

Does anyone know the functionality of this? I doubt the tellers at my OTB know, they have worse keypads, just numbers, ya know?
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2019, 04:49 PM   #53
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
You can bet it at off-track locations as well. We got a button on our machines the day Santa Anita opened. Nobody has bet it yet with me and I did see the pool after the last race last Saturday and I believe it was 1200-1400. I don't see this lasting unless they decide to do a roulette pick six or roulette place pick all.
I've seen a few similar posts. Occasionally I'm around Chicagoland ... how do you do it at the Hawthorne or Arlington OTB machines?
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2019, 10:00 PM   #54
AlsoEligible

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
I've seen a few similar posts. Occasionally I'm around Chicagoland ... how do you do it at the Hawthorne or Arlington OTB machines?
Pretty sure it’s only available at locations/adws that use AmTote, as the other tote companies haven’t put in the development work for it. Hard to blame them given the handle so far.

So Stronach tracks and ADWs work. Other California locations. But Arlington/Hawthorne and their OTBs are United Tote or Sportech, so no dice.

All that may change if customers are asking for it though, so I’d bring it up with someone at the facility. Be the change you want to see.
AlsoEligible is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #55
Irishfever

Well this bet provides good insight into the market for horse racing. Most are knowledgeable with different levels of sophistication.

Horse bettors don't get excited from slot bells ringing or watching a ball bounce around a track. I don't fault them for trying to convert the zombies.

However as a parimutuel bet where you cannot predetermine its odds dissociates itself from roulette. Too bad because if there was enough liquidity you coud use it as a hedge instrument on last legs of multis.
Irishfever is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2019, 03:23 PM   #56
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I wonder how long they're going to stick it out with this wager. Those pools are beyond embarrassing.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:29 PM   #57
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
Speaking as an owner and bettor. I want to see it.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:33 PM   #58
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I wonder how long they're going to stick it out with this wager. Those pools are beyond embarrassing.
I don't understand why anybody cares about Roulette?

If a total novice thinks it's interesting that's cool.

The existence of the wager is meaningless to the rest of us.

Isn't it?
Old 02-20-2019, 04:09 PM   #59
chiguy

On the machines in cali we have a keyboard with the usual bet types hard wired to a key. W P S Ex Tri Super etc. Hi-Five got the last unused button if I remember this correctly. We also have a touch screen that has another 15 or so options that are things like Select Track Default (what track you want set as the default track on your machine), Return cash key, draw cash key etc. They added Roulette to one of these buttons and that is where it is for us. Not sure about the automated terminals.
chiguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2019, 04:24 PM   #60
Profesor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac View Post
The race 2 roulette pool at Santa Anita was $659 dollars. I'm not sure what the motivation was to create this bet in the first place , but it's not catching on.
Today’s 8th race roulette pool at GULF WAS $88😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Profesor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: