Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-31-2017, 05:15 PM   #16
RunForTheRoses

Haven't used this too much yet, today it is freezing up on me at times. Have Amazon Fire.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2018, 07:49 AM   #17
spiketoo

Haven't checked Goog Play yet. Android TV?
spiketoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 11:11 AM   #18
Southbaygent
TomT

Way way sharper picture than my Cox cable box (via Apple TV)
I’ve had a Roku two years now, just bumped it to second tier in my entertainment center for the new Apple TV, love it. Had an Apple TV years ago and got rid of it, I like this new one. The ability to download so many TV apps and link/use them via my (minimal but have to keep) Cox cable account is handy.
Southbaygent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 11:28 AM   #19
pandy

I bought an Amazon Firestick last week, mainly to watch TVG in high def. Not all of the tracks are in high def, just the ones that broadcasts in high definition, but, still, the picture quality is much better than TVG broadcasts on my RCN cable.

But I found out that the Firestick is worth the $37.99 I paid for it. I have Amazon Prime and Music and with the Firestick I can listen to Amazon Music through the Firestick (as opposed to the Echo) and the sound quality is much better since the Echo connects to my receiver with a 3.5mm audio cable...The firestick is HDMI. And now when I listen to a song through Amazon Music, it shows the lyrics, karaoke-style, on my TV screen.

As for the other shows that I watch, for some reason, my Rokio has a better overall picture quality than the Firestick, so right now I'm only using Firestick for TVG and Music. However, with Firestick, I can also use KODI, a streaming ap that has a lot of files on it, but I downloaded it and haven't learned out how to use it yet, it's a bit complicated.

Overall, the Firestick was well worth it if you have Amazon Prime Music, or want to see the races in HIGH DEF and don't want to wait for TVG to get hooked up with Rokio.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 09:47 AM   #20
VeryOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
TVG website says Roku is Coming soon.
Looks like it is now available on the Roku - I found it in the streaming channel list and was able to install the app on my Roku stick the other day. Worked fine, at least from my brief viewing the past two days. TVG's customer service didn't even know about the current Roku situation - I had to call because of an issue setting up my account, and the rep thought Roku wasn't supported yet.
VeryOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #21
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryOldMan View Post
Looks like it is now available on the Roku - I found it in the streaming channel list and was able to install the app on my Roku stick the other day. Worked fine, at least from my brief viewing the past two days. TVG's customer service didn't even know about the current Roku situation - I had to call because of an issue setting up my account, and the rep thought Roku wasn't supported yet.
So you still need an account? Stinks for us in a state where TVG won't offer us one for some unknown reason.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 11:51 AM   #22
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Thanks old guy. I just connected and it looks awesome. Now I can get TVG2, which isn't included with my Comcast.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #23
Dmcwally

Tvg roku app now available in the roku store

Tvg roku app now available in the roku store
Dmcwally is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #24
Alc

Thumbs up

Just got the Roku Watch TVG app. Beautiful. Congratulations and Thanks to TVG for a new innovation expanding the horse racing world.
Alc is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 02:55 PM   #25
VeryOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
So you still need an account? Stinks for us in a state where TVG won't offer us one for some unknown reason.
App requires a login, so it made me set up an account. Don't know if it's geographically restricted - I'm in MD.
VeryOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 04:08 PM   #26
GMB@BP

Quote:
App requires a login, so it made me set up an account. Don't know if it's geographically restricted - I'm in MD.
it is, always has been with TVG. seems short sighted to me
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2018, 07:01 PM   #27
macguy

For anyone that wants to watch horse racing on their Roku or computer that can't or doesn't want to get TVG, RTN is great.

https://www.rtn.tv/

I believe the only tracks you can't watch on the Internet/Roku Version are Churchill Downs, Fairgrounds, and Arlington Park.

The tracks that broadcast HD Signals are available in HD.
Lots of fun. Nothing is more fun than spending a Saturday afternoon at home watching HD horse racing on a big screen tv.
macguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2018, 02:32 AM   #28
savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post

You are correct I live in Vegas where I can place bets via my phone or pc on
any race track,but can not have a TVG account,and so can not watch TVG or TVG2 on tvg.com.
Only in America.
savant is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2019, 11:16 PM   #29
Rutgers

It’s probably common knowledge, but I just discovered you can get TVG in HD on VZW Fios on channel 815 (in NJ, at least). Hitting the C button on the remote while on 315 doesn't automatically change it to 815, unlike most of the SD channels which have HD channels.
Rutgers is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2019, 01:51 AM   #30
showonly

The Roku App is over a minute behind the live feed. Be careful don't get shut out.
showonly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: