Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 10-15-2017, 09:18 PM   #1
Dave Schwartz

Kaepernick Files Grievance Against NFL Owners

Kaepernick Files Grievance Against NFL Owners

So, we have left. vs. right, right vs. NFL, and now players against owners.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2017, 09:26 PM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

He wants to be the Packers QB
Old 10-15-2017, 10:15 PM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

He should probably win. All he has to do is show game film of some of the guys actually playing in real NFL games.

Check out his stats last year. There is no way this guy shouldn't be in the league.

Last edited by cj; 10-15-2017 at 10:16 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2017, 10:28 PM   #4
TiffaniO
Queen B

He's the one who opted out of a guaranteed deal with SF worth $14.5 million.

That would be like any of us quitting our job tomorrow and then suing all employers who could possibly have a job in our field of work.

I think what people don't get is, would he take the Vet Minimum to be a backup? I doubt it...
TiffaniO is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2017, 01:00 AM   #5
MONEY

I think that much of Kaepernick's offense in 2016 was produced in the 4th quarters of hopeless games, against backup tuba players.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:28 AM   #6
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
He wants to be the Packers QB
And given Brett Hundley's whopping 39.6 QB rating in relief of Rodgers yesterday, maybe Kapernick NEEDS to be the Packers QB.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2017, 09:17 AM   #7
Inner Dirt

His list of misdeeds are as long as your arm, most people think he just knelt for the anthem that is just one of his many stunts that have turned fans, owners and teammates against him.

He was known to mostly concentrate on working out hard for muscles and speed and not spending time in the film room. He also didn't work much on mechanics and correcting his flaws. He also was aloof and didn't interact with teammates like a typical QB would. His current left wing radical girlfriend was the ex of a teammate, that caused locker room issues. He converted to a vegan without dietary supervision and lost a lot of muscle mass.

He wore socks to practice showing cops as pigs, posted a badge on the internet depicting cops as runaway slave catchers. Wore a Fidel Castro shirt and praised him. Girlfriend posted a picture on the internet depicting Ray Lewis and the Ravens owner as slave and master.

That isn't all of it, he is also known as a slow learner and offenses have been dumbed down for him. Also note he put up last years stats while going 1-11, he didn't make many plays when it mattered.

He is better than some of the bottom feeder QBs in the NFL, if he came with out baggage he would have a job, problem is he has enough baggage to fill a 767. He also started his current behavior after dating his left wing radical girlfriend. Do you want your QB to be so weak minded he can't think for himself?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2017, 11:53 AM   #8
burnsy
self medicated

I agree, his behavior is somewhat of a distraction.....that's the reason he's not on a team because he's better than some of these clowns that are starting right now. I would not look at the record (lately), San Fran still hasn't won a game (this year) they are a dumpster fire of a team. They fired a guy that is probably the best football coach in the world. Jim Harbaugh wins where ever he goes. San Fran was a perennial championship contender under him. The 49ers were crap before him and are worse now. If he (Harbaugh) thinks you are good enough, you probably are. The "slow learner" and all that BS is crap the media and people put out there to black ball him for his behavior. That freaking team was one incomplete pass from a SB win. The downplay of his talent is a smokescreen, he's good, his head case beliefs are what got him chased out. The owners can just say they don't want that nonsense on their team, it has nothing to do with "collusion." Football is the ultimate "team sport" the guy needs discipline more than anything else, they don't have time for his nonsense. People that say "he is not good enough" either don't watch the games or are lying to themselves, its his goofy actions that got him chased out.

As for the left vs. right and the players vs. the right....that's all child crap. There were 2 or three guys on each team doing it. So the media and those moronic "sides" do the Broad Brush number on the players....its a joke, there's no such thing as being an individual in a so called free country. Not going to let a bunch of idiots ruin my fun. See ya in Buffalo next week vs. the Bucs! The whole thing is manufactured retardedness.

Last edited by burnsy; 10-16-2017 at 11:58 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2017, 09:05 PM   #9
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaniO View Post
He's the one who opted out of a guaranteed deal with SF worth $14.5 million.

That would be like any of us quitting our job tomorrow and then suing all employers who could possibly have a job in our field of work.

I think what people don't get is, would he take the Vet Minimum to be a backup? I doubt it...
Sorry, but it's not the same at all. NFL contracts are not guaranteed. The only reason that he opted out is because the 49ers would have released him. Opting out before the release gave him, at least theoretically, a head start on trying to find a new team for this season. Theoretically...
Old 10-16-2017, 09:08 PM   #10
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I agree, his behavior is somewhat of a distraction.....that's the reason he's not on a team because he's better than some of these clowns that are starting right now. I would not look at the record (lately), San Fran still hasn't won a game (this year) they are a dumpster fire of a team. They fired a guy that is probably the best football coach in the world. Jim Harbaugh wins where ever he goes. San Fran was a perennial championship contender under him. The 49ers were crap before him and are worse now. If he (Harbaugh) thinks you are good enough, you probably are. The "slow learner" and all that BS is crap the media and people put out there to black ball him for his behavior. That freaking team was one incomplete pass from a SB win. The downplay of his talent is a smokescreen, he's good, his head case beliefs are what got him chased out. The owners can just say they don't want that nonsense on their team, it has nothing to do with "collusion." Football is the ultimate "team sport" the guy needs discipline more than anything else, they don't have time for his nonsense. People that say "he is not good enough" either don't watch the games or are lying to themselves, its his goofy actions that got him chased out.

As for the left vs. right and the players vs. the right....that's all child crap. There were 2 or three guys on each team doing it. So the media and those moronic "sides" do the Broad Brush number on the players....its a joke, there's no such thing as being an individual in a so called free country. Not going to let a bunch of idiots ruin my fun. See ya in Buffalo next week vs. the Bucs! The whole thing is manufactured retardedness.
Hey, I agree with a lot of your post. I definitely disagree with the highlighted part.

NFL: Belicheck?

College: Saban?
Old 10-16-2017, 09:21 PM   #11
_______
Veteran

The bigger component of the filing is that if there is proof of collusion against any single player, it can void the entire CBA.

Clear and convincing proof is going to be a huge lift for Kaepernick’s legal team but the threat to the league is they give up huge leverage to the players in any hypothetical renegotiation following a finding of collusion.

Probably a nothing burger. But if there were anything to his allegations, the consequences will be much larger than any of the silly red v. blue nonsense it has generated so far.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2017, 09:23 PM   #12
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
He should probably win. All he has to do is show game film of some of the guys actually playing in real NFL games.

Check out his stats last year. There is no way this guy shouldn't be in the league.
It requires a level of self deception to argue that he isn’t one of the top 50 players at his position and deserving of a roster spot somewhere.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2017, 10:04 PM   #13
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
Sorry, but it's not the same at all. NFL contracts are not guaranteed. The only reason that he opted out is because the 49ers would have released him. Opting out before the release gave him, at least theoretically, a head start on trying to find a new team for this season. Theoretically...
That's where you're wrong... 2017 was guaranteed. Beyond 2017 wasn't.

Last edited by TiffaniO; 10-16-2017 at 10:05 PM.
TiffaniO is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2017, 10:12 PM   #14
Clocker

It will be hard to prove collusion. A player association official stated earlier in the year that there was no evidence of collusion. From Sports Illustrated:

Quote:
NFLPA assistant executive director of external affairs George Atallah told ESPN in May that there was no evidence of collusion stemming from Kaepernick's inability to find work.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3566332

Many owners over the last months have said publicly that they considered him, but decided that what he could contribute as a player was far outweighed by the distraction and divisiveness he would bring to the team. Openly talking about such matters with the media hardly sounds like collusion.

The NFL collective bargaining agreement specifically says that failure to get an offer from any team does not meet the burden proof of collusion under the agreement.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:25 PM   #15
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Bottom-line, it doesn't matter what CK thinks, he failed at what he set out to do. This is what happens when anyone may have a legit beef about society, but chooses the wrong means or venue to express it properly. He has no one to blame for his failure but himself.....And he actually made things worse for society as a whole, not even the slightest hint better...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: