Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:08 PM   #46
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I don't think this is any different than the standard method of timing. I get what you are saying, he was behind at the point the official timing started, but until Trakus gives us the actual distance and time of the run up (which they do have available but keep a secret) the "untimed" portion of the race will always cause anomalies like this.
Right. That's what I don't understand. Trakus was supposed to give us the actual time of each individual horse and it really doesn't. I know it might confuse some to see a horse who ran 2nd with a faster time than the winner, but if explained properly then people would understand.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2016, 03:40 PM   #47
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
Right. That's what I don't understand. Trakus was supposed to give us the actual time of each individual horse and it really doesn't. I know it might confuse some to see a horse who ran 2nd with a faster time than the winner, but if explained properly then people would understand.
The racetracks that employ Trakus do not want them to give out this data. I have no idea why this is the case. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if somebody with access to it isn't using the data for profit.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2016, 05:13 PM   #48
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Depends what you want...for the exact time the leader hits the beam at each call, the track timer. For the horses not in the lead, I prefer Trakus. I personally like to use the track timer for the official calls, then use the time behind from Trakus to figure out the real times of the also rans. If that doesn't make sense I can explain later.

The above is for dirt. On turf, once the rail moves or the distance is listed as "about" in the Equibase charts, I prefer Trakus times.
No. I understand completely.
IMO Trakus allows one to view how a horse performed throughout the distance.
For example. When i see the comment "passed tired ones", that's all we get. If we can see the pace at which the horse was traveling, we get a much clearer picture of the actual performance.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2016, 08:52 PM   #49
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
The racetracks that employ Trakus do not want them to give out this data. I have no idea why this is the case. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if somebody with access to it isn't using the data for profit.
You might hate me for this CJ (Love your pace and performance figs by the way-just started looking at them recently) and will most probably delete this post (and I will most surely get banned for this )but....

Be careful CJ. As PA (whom I respect where he's coming from and what not and admire for creating this site), might delete your comment for being libelous against Equibase/racetracks..

The ugly truth is not really something that is welcome on this site.

Yes, I am pissed off (just as he is at me, in a way, righteously...) for this site NOT being the voice of the horseplayer.

The truth is the truth, don't hate the messenger, hate the creator of the truth.

With all that said, I would not be surprised if you are right. I would not be surprised whatsoever, if there were a select group that benefits from such proprietory info, while others such as yourself or ragozin or DRF work without their info.

Finally, I find it extremely insulting that a "horse racing site" wants nothing to do with hearing about EGGREGIOUSLY suspicious rides/events.

The response (besides a delete and ban) will be: You have no proof and create libelous exposure to PA and the owners.

Here's my response: On WHAT DREAM ISLAND will NYRA or the ORTIZ BROTHERS take Pace Advantage to court to accuse PA or me of defamation of character????

I'd glady testify in that trial as a defendant. My circumstantial visual and hearsay evidence, would in a jury landslide find me not guilty and their self imposed terrible public attention would place them, inadvertently on the defendant's side.

That's all I'll say. I'm sure it's enough to get banned. Nice knowing you all.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2016, 09:18 PM   #50
johnhannibalsmith

Hopefully you read this before both are deleted, EMD.

You missed a critical aspect of PA's post. It had to do with how you word what you say. That's all. I don't think PA cares in the least if you bring attention to what you perceive as shenanigans or whatever, hell, he likes even bigger conspiracies than what you've suggested. Just meet him halfway in how you phrase certain things. You've taken it on the chin many times, this is something you can handle.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2016, 09:25 PM   #51
Stillriledup
Veteran

Here's PAs admonishment in the recently locked 'aqu race 1' thread.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...5&postcount=40
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2016, 09:46 PM   #52
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Hopefully you read this before both are deleted, EMD.

You missed a critical aspect of PA's post. It had to do with how you word what you say. That's all. I don't think PA cares in the least if you bring attention to what you perceive as shenanigans or whatever, hell, he likes even bigger conspiracies than what you've suggested. Just meet him halfway in how you phrase certain things. You've taken it on the chin many times, this is something you can handle.
Unlike Tom Cruise, I can handle any truths. I didn't misread his post (PA). I think it was clear. I have no reason to participate here anymore.

The sad truth is, the truth is NOT welcome here.

Only you SRU and I will read this before it's deleted.

Whatever, it is what it is. Not my house. Going to my house now.

Best wishes to you all.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:04 PM   #53
ultracapper

If you want to be locked out, you can probably just PM PA and ask him to block everything that comes from your IP address. You don't have to keep on posting and posting and waiting to finally hit the right note for him to finally do it.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2016, 10:11 PM   #54
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
If you want to be locked out, you can probably just PM PA and ask him to block everything that comes from your IP address. You don't have to keep on posting and posting and waiting to finally hit the right note for him to finally do it.
Did that 30 minutes ago. Both to PA and CJ. I'm a direct straight shooter. I couldn't find it in the user panel or elsewhere.

Unlike people who pass suddenly, (poor analogy but you get my point) I said what I had to say before I go.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:49 PM   #55
johnhannibalsmith

Well, that's too bad. I disagree with roughly 98% of your posts and think you're plum nuts about half the time, but you are the internet embodiment of one of the things that I love most about this game: the characters. We have plenty of Albert Eintsteins (for you Tommy) and Ernest Hemingways here. I'm a cheap seats guy myself.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:53 PM   #56
The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Did that 30 minutes ago. Both to PA and CJ. I'm a direct straight shooter. I couldn't find it in the user panel or elsewhere.

Unlike people who pass suddenly, (poor analogy but you get my point) I said what I had to say before I go.
Much like the game itself, this site needs people who bet with vigor and have an intelligent opinion that can keep him in action. To lose even one would be a shame. I feel this is a bit of a emotional outburst that will pass, but if it's not I'd like to tell EMD that I thoroughly enjoy your posts. See you some time at Aqueduct.
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2016, 10:55 PM   #57
johnhannibalsmith

I should edit my last post to 97% of the time.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:35 AM   #58
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawk
Much like the game itself, this site needs people who bet with vigor and have an intelligent opinion that can keep him in action. To lose even one would be a shame. I feel this is a bit of a emotional outburst that will pass, but if it's not I'd like to tell EMD that I thoroughly enjoy your posts. See you some time at Aqueduct.
Exactly.

Passion for the game and heart on the sleeve posts is what we will be missing. I would ask one thing of EMD to consider. Follow your heart. You can always come back to the boards if the heart strings are tugging you in this direction.

EMD was one of my 'must reads' here, if I saw he responded in a post (even if I wasnt interested in the topic) I would click and read. Ill miss that.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2016, 08:17 PM   #59
illinoisbred

CJ...have you had the chance to check out the 2nd race from this past sunday at Santa Anita? I thought it was safe to put the stop watch away when I left Illinois racing for SoCal, but now I'm thinking not.
illinoisbred is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2016, 12:56 AM   #60
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisbred
CJ...have you had the chance to check out the 2nd race from this past sunday at Santa Anita? I thought it was safe to put the stop watch away when I left Illinois racing for SoCal, but now I'm thinking not.
It was fishy, I used a different variant for that race than the others.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: