Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:16 PM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran

The DQ (or non-DQ) complaint thread

Flip Flopped 2nd and 3rd. I dont see it.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2014, 11:25 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Rather than start a new thread every time somebody feels they have been the victim of a grave injustice, we'll put them all in this thread for a while and see how it goes.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2014, 11:27 PM   #3
Stillriledup
Veteran

Thank you, good idea.

The "complaint" was about the 10th race at Delta on Nov 6th. The 1 got outrun and the 2 got around him down the backstretch, the 1 got in tight and checked out of there and they blamed the 2 for the 1's poor ride and poor positioning.

I would post a video, but if you want to see the replay, try google.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:15 AM   #4
biggestal99

I had 10 bucks on the nose of toast of new york at 18-1 in the pa contest (and a bigger bet in real life)

Rats.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2014, 06:28 AM   #5
outofthebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Flip Flopped 2nd and 3rd. I dont see it.
This is the track i race at. I cringe every time i'm involved with an inquiry. There are a lot of squeeze jobs going on into the turn because of horses switching leads and dropping down naturally. It seems if a jockey is half in going into the turn and feels the outside pressure, he is going to grab and take hold. This is what seemed to happen here.
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2014, 01:55 PM   #6
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox
This is the track i race at. I cringe every time i'm involved with an inquiry. There are a lot of squeeze jobs going on into the turn because of horses switching leads and dropping down naturally. It seems if a jockey is half in going into the turn and feels the outside pressure, he is going to grab and take hold. This is what seemed to happen here.
Thanks, this is part for the course at this track and it happens at CT and Los Al at the 4.5 distance. If you're in that spot from your own doing, you might have to get out of there, this was a real nitpicky DQ and i felt this situation was just "part of the race" that stuff happens to horses like the 1 if you're in that position. Bad call, they blamed the 2 for the jock on the 1 being inside there, its not the 2s fault the guy is there.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:45 PM   #7
Stillriledup
Veteran

Mountaineer DQ Race 7 Nov 25th

I don't think any of it affected the outcome, if you want to put the 3 behind the 7, i can't say that was the worst DQ ever, but putting the 3 behind the 5 is horrendous.

The 5 was beaten, lugging in, was very hard to steer and was never finishing higher than 4th....so im not sure why he was placed up.

But, its West Virginia, anything can happen there.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:31 PM   #8
Tall One
Scum Bum!

SRU, didn't see the race myself, but in the 8th, my buddy has been on the phone jumping up and down about a non DQ and the turning right out of the gate...said something about Bayern between slurs and is very upset about all of this.

My response? It's Mountaineer on a Tuesday, anything is possible.
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2014, 10:33 PM   #9
Exotic1

Quote:
I don't think any of it affected the outcome, if you want to put the 3 behind the 7, i can't say that was the worst DQ ever, but putting the 3 behind the 5 is horrendous.

The 5 was beaten, lugging in, was very hard to steer and was never finishing higher than 4th....so im not sure why he was placed up.

But, its West Virginia, anything can happen there.
The #5 and #7 were running backwards. Insanity.
Exotic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #10
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One
SRU, didn't see the race myself, but in the 8th, my buddy has been on the phone jumping up and down about a non DQ and the turning right out of the gate...said something about Bayern between slurs and is very upset about all of this.

My response? It's Mountaineer on a Tuesday, anything is possible.
It looked like the 10 came in also, but the order of finish was 4-2, so im not sure what he was jumping around about, anyone who might have caused any problem was nowhere.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #11
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic1
The #5 and #7 were running backwards. Insanity.
When i see this type of stuff, i think they're judging the races on a "foul is a foul" and affecting the outcome means nothing.

There was an objection in the 5th third against 2nd and this was a situation that didn't affect the outcome, but the 2nd place finisher did not maintain an exact straight line....but in the 7th, the judges required that the 3 maintain an exact straight line in a foul is a foul situation, so the judging didn't seem consistent in races that were an hour apart.

Not sure what to think about this, but between Mountain and CT, you never know what these judges are going to do.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:41 PM   #12
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
It looked like the 10 came in also, but the order of finish was 4-2, so im not sure what he was jumping around about, anyone who might have caused any problem was nowhere.

Who knows what he saw..Im thinking the slurs have something to do with it..
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2014, 10:46 PM   #13
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One
Who knows what he saw..Im thinking the slurs have something to do with it..
He may have been jumping around because there WAS an inquiry to begin with. Since this was an at the start situation, and we know anything has been proven to go, why were they looking at it at all? Its not like they were ever going to make a DQ.

Of course, its West Virginia, the state where anything can happen, if a DQ can happen at the start one night and not happen the next, its this place.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:55 AM   #14
castaway01

Quote:
He may have been jumping around because there WAS an inquiry to begin with. Since this was an at the start situation, and we know anything has been proven to go, why were they looking at it at all? Its not like they were ever going to make a DQ.

Of course, its West Virginia, the state where anything can happen, if a DQ can happen at the start one night and not happen the next, its this place.
What state was this in again? You haven't mentioned that yet. Can anything happen there?
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2014, 09:58 AM   #15
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I thought we had a thread for this! You can find threads from 20 years ago but not the DQ thread? Come on, man.

EDIT: Merged

Last edited by cj; 11-26-2014 at 10:01 AM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: