Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-19-2019, 03:09 PM   #61
showonly

I do not believe a reasonable argument can be made that racing is not in a perilous state of decline. There are many contributing factors but I do believe those factors only slow or accelerate the eventual demise of large scale racing throughout the world. Almost everything positive or negative in life is doomed to change and horse racing is certainly no exception. Nothing better to do then build venues so people can race animals and wager upon the outcomes . In addition those who commit a large percentages of their free time to trying to predict the out comes. Should I run into St peter I am going to have some "splainin" to do.
showonly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2019, 03:23 PM   #62
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54 View Post
money goes to money. the big bettors have the advantage simply because they have a 12 percent rebate. their performance at handicapping can be alot worse than us little guy's. we are facing a 20% disadvantage up front. the big bettors that have 12% rebates aren't. capice?

You have to be a better handicapper if you are facing a larger takeout. for me I am facing bettors and bots on the X that pay 5% commission (or less) and I am facing a 12% nut.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2019, 04:39 PM   #63
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoloUK6108 View Post
Of the dozens of friends I’ve invited to the track, only a handful have ever taken me up on it. I’ve only converted my best friend into a horseplayer and fan.
I have only been able to convert two friends of mine into horseplayers. They have both stopped talking to me...and, deservedly so.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: