Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:33 PM   #1666
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Here's the head-on Race #8.....Start at 4:38....Not much there, tough call DQ at 17-1

http://www.deltadownsracing.com/medi...ng-and-replays

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 01-30-2019 at 10:35 PM.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2019, 10:38 PM   #1667
Fightingirish51195

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Here's the head-on Race #8.....Start at 4:38....Not much there, tough call DQ at 17-1

http://www.deltadownsracing.com/medi...ng-and-replays
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
I didn't bet the race either.

Based on the so called head on view that was shown while the announcer explained the DQ:

The #9 did come over. It looked to me like the horses got close to each other, but I didn't see an actual bump. The rider of the #9 was no longer using his whip. But he did extend his left arm outward towards the other horse while shaking the reigns.

Do the stewards have video from a better angle showing something more definitive?

Based on what I saw: I would have let the results stand.

-jp

It looked to me, and I could be wrong (I didn’t watch the link Randall provided, going by what I saw on the stream) that the bumping occurred very late.the 9 passed the 3 way before the incident and it looked like the 3 had every chance to go by the 9 and couldn’t. I have a hard time believing odds did not influence that decision

Last edited by Fightingirish51195; 01-30-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Fightingirish51195 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2019, 08:53 PM   #1668
arw629
First Time Gelding

Race 1 at Mahoning today. The winner was DQ’d. If you watch the head on the 5 actually comes out on the 3 twice and the path the 3 was on at the top of the stretch was the same path he finished in. Yet the stewards disqualified the winner. This was such a horrible decision.
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2019, 10:28 PM   #1669
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw629 View Post
Race 1 at Mahoning today. The winner was DQ’d. If you watch the head on the 5 actually comes out on the 3 twice and the path the 3 was on at the top of the stretch was the same path he finished in. Yet the stewards disqualified the winner. This was such a horrible decision.

Agree, putrid DQ
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2019, 01:37 PM   #1670
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
TAM 03-08-2019 R2

This post isn't about whether or not the stewards made the right call in dismissing the objection (#4 vs. the winner #6.)

This post IS about the video presentation Tampa Bay Downs used to show the alleged incident from the midpoint on the turn through the upper stretch.

The graphics are blocking the incident that you're trying to show.

Suggestion: LOSE THE GRAPHICS so we can see the incident!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TAM03082019R2.JPG (39.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 03-30-2019, 02:02 PM   #1671
Sea Hero

Race 3 Philadelphia, as #1 is going by #1 in the stretch, #1 comes out into #2 three times, hard the second time. No inquiry, no objection, and no more Philadelphia Park for me.
Sea Hero is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2019, 02:40 PM   #1672
picojim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hero View Post
Race 3 Philadelphia, as #1 is going by #1 in the stretch, #1 comes out into #2 three times, hard the second time. No inquiry, no objection, and no more Philadelphia Park for me.
do you mean Parx? was there 2 1's entry?
picojim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2019, 12:25 PM   #1673
chuckster1968

Pan American non-disqualification

Just wondering if anybody thinks or thought that Melmich should have been disqualified for interfering with #4 Delacour horse. I mean it cost me the triactor, superfecta and exacta. I keyed Focus group with part wheel of the 3-4 with 234. Just wondering.
chuckster1968 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2019, 05:07 PM   #1674
Sea Hero

I've seen some hairy dq's in my day but this one is the worst. GP race 8. The horses bumped each other over and over and they dq the winner and didn't take 90 seconds to decide to dq.

I'm going to HK racing. At least they don't screw around as much and the big boys don't screw up the odds from 3-1 down to 1-5 in the last flash. Anybody who plays North American racing is a masochist.
Sea Hero is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2019, 08:16 PM   #1675
BIG49010

Interesting call on the 11th race at GP

What should the correct call be, I am not sure what they did taking the winner down and placing him 2nd. The horse they moved up from 2nd , fouls another horse and never does pass the winner? Just wondering what other think of this logic? or lack of it?
Old 04-29-2019, 01:12 PM   #1676
Immortal6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG49010 View Post
Interesting call on the 11th race at GP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02tE1Sabmzk

What should the correct call be, I am not sure what they did taking the winner down and placing him 2nd. The horse they moved up from 2nd , fouls another horse and never does pass the winner? Just wondering what other think of this logic? or lack of it?
I had the ice cold / exacta so I was fine with the outcome but here is my logic. First off, let’s be honest with ourselves. The drifted out at least 3 full paths in stretch pushing the the whole way. The was a mere head behind for the win. That’s a no-brainer DQ there for me.

The did make contact with the trying to get outside the to make a run. This contact happens all the time especially at GP without a DQ, with the exception being if the horse that was bumped still finishes strongly behind the horse initiating contact. IMO, had the finished something like a half length behind the or I think you see a double DQ of the and

Instead the was beaten for 3rd by the so what do you expect here? to be declared winner over the then ? It’s pretty evident to those watching the and were heads and shoulders the best two in the race.

Again, just my 2 cents from someone that had the /
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2019, 01:23 PM   #1677
Robert Fischer
clean money

were racing to for the win, and the 'herded' him out to the 5-path.

I think it was as good a call as they could make.

Some situations you can't have everything perfectly fair. They mess up a lot, but I think this was the 'most fair' of the possible decisions.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:31 PM   #1678
jay68802

Had a double going in this race, and had the , , , , and . What ever happened I was going to get paid. The started "drifting out" when the started his move, and caused the to bump the . Then the kept "drifting out" all the way down the stretch. Ended up making contact with the just before the wire and was about five or six paths off the rail when this happened. I could have seen them putting the behind the even, but the stewards made the right decision, IMO.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2019, 09:01 PM   #1679
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
were racing to for the win, and the 'herded' him out to the 5-path.

I think it was as good a call as they could make.

Some situations you can't have everything perfectly fair. They mess up a lot, but I think this was the 'most fair' of the possible decisions.
Yep. There's one thing that's an almost assured disqualification in American racing, and that is 2 horses dueling in the stretch, one horse forcing the other horse out several paths, and a photo finish. The stewards will almost automatically assume that the interference cost the other horse the win. This is what got Perrault taken down in the 1982 Santa Anita Handicap.
dilanesp is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2019, 07:12 PM   #1680
GMB@BP

Derby 2019....whatever they decide is gonna be controversial.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: