Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:41 PM   #91
mikesal57
Veteran

Do you guys know that ALLDATA has a PP built into it....

what would you want to do with it if you dont mind ?

Mike

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (459.9 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by mikesal57; 01-28-2019 at 03:42 PM.
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2019, 04:47 PM   #92
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Have it like the current PP Generator - same format as BRIS PPs.
Options and preferences like PP Gen has, ability to hide line, sort by post. odds, Running STyle, that kind of thing. Dsply time, pace figs, pace of race, pace of horse, show incremental splits, decide what fields you want to show and where to put them. Math capabilities, such as add E2 and LP into a rating, user defined fields from existing data, such as time......pretty much the whole enchilada!
Old 01-28-2019, 05:41 PM   #93
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Have it like the current PP Generator - same format as BRIS PPs.
Options and preferences like PP Gen has, ability to hide line, sort by post. odds, Running STyle, that kind of thing. Dsply time, pace figs, pace of race, pace of horse, show incremental splits, decide what fields you want to show and where to put them. Math capabilities, such as add E2 and LP into a rating, user defined fields from existing data, such as time......pretty much the whole enchilada!
Excel can do a lot....and maybe all you want...
Just need someone devoted to do it...
Old 01-28-2019, 06:08 PM   #94
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Excel would not be the medium that I would choose for PPs.
you can't make them look like the real PP and it too much program to use as easily as PP Gen.

Excel is too much program for the job.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:02 AM   #95
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
I use PP generator with Win 8.1 and it works. My only gripe is sometime it leaves out btn lengths at some calls on some horses.
What it leaves out is 1/2 lengths so a horse behind by 2 1/2 lengths will show 2 lengths, a horse behind by 1/2 length will be blank.

The fix is to install a different font. If you search these forums you will find a download for the font and instructions on how to install.

I have made the installation on two different computers and had much trouble both times, I had to try multiple times to get it to work and feel both times I only succeeded by accident. I have no idea what I did right.

I've been toying with the idea of buying a used windows XP computer Solely for running PP generator in case my current computer dies.

~Alan Watts

Last edited by therussmeister; 01-29-2019 at 01:03 AM.
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2019, 08:01 AM   #96
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister View Post
What it leaves out is 1/2 lengths so a horse behind by 2 1/2 lengths will show 2 lengths, a horse behind by 1/2 length will be blank.

The fix is to install a different font. If you search these forums you will find a download for the font and instructions on how to install.

I have made the installation on two different computers and had much trouble both times, I had to try multiple times to get it to work and feel both times I only succeeded by accident. I have no idea what I did right.

I've been toying with the idea of buying a used windows XP computer Solely for running PP generator in case my current computer dies.
No need to buy a whole new PC....just slip in a new SSD Drive and make a dual - boot PC ...just need a XP Install and your good

Mike
Old 02-02-2019, 03:38 AM   #97
KyRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbaygent View Post
Sorry to resurrect a very old thread.

I’ve been using the Bris Custom PP Generator on two different Win10 machines with no problems. One - a Surface Pro 3 tablet I take to the track with me, Two - a MacBook Pro running a virtual Windows 10 “window” (you’d think THAT would be problematic but no!)

So, I bought another Intel I7 Win 10 box, I used (paid for) PC Mover software to move my MacBook Virtual Win10 to the new box. The most complicated programs migrated perfectly, MS Office, MS Visual Studio.Net, Crystal Reports, etc. some needed product key most ran immediately.

But NOT the Bris PP generator

My issue seems a bit different than all the threads I’ve been reviewing here. When I click on the shortcut or executable to run the program, every time it starts the Windows Installer, appears to hang, and if I wait like 30 minutes the Installer Times out “installer server not responding...BUT the PP generator is eventually loaded up!? Attempts to import a file causes 4-5 errors, but clicking past all of them eventually presents the PP format.
Hey South,

I haven't used PC Mover before, but have been thinking of getting another computer and would probably use PC Mover, so your problems caught my attention.

You say when you click on the custompp.exe file it starts up the installer and it appears to be looking for the server. It could be thinking your other computer is the server. When you used PC Mover, how did you connect the two computers? Did it use some kind of cable or sent the transfer over the WiFi? You might try reconnecting the two computers and then start up the program while they're connected. Maybe it needs to finish the installation. Are your computers 64 or 32 bit? Could you put up a screen shot of the installer? Is it the PC mover installer or the installer that installs the Custom Generator from the briscustppful2400.exe file. If they were 64 bit, did you have any problem installing the Custom Generator? I was able to get it installed and running on my Win10 64 bit computer several years ago, but couldn't get it to install on a Win10 32 bit tablet.

Some people got it to run, some not so lucky. The briscustppful2400.exe file has problems installing the fonts on Windows 10 computers and hangs and doesn't finish installing the files that come after the fonts. Those are mostly dll and ocx files. I think that the reason some people get it to work is because they already have the files on their computer from other installations.

So try reconnecting your two computers and see if that helps.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:55 PM   #98
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyRacer View Post
I've also used it for years. Like the ability to customize the pp's. After I take out the scratches, I print to a PDF file and open it with Foxit pdf reader. They look better there than viewing them inside the software. In one customization I removed the times and moved the comments closer to the finish position. I like it better.

I'm running it on a Windows 7 64 bit computer. My install log show that it could not self register the Vb5db.dll file. That maybe the problem for some, but I'm not sure. (Could not Self-Register: C:\Windows\System32\Vb5db.dll) But the program runs on my computer. I have the Vb5db.dll in my System 32 folder.

Added a pic as an attachment. Maybe.
Cool view, what are the RR & CR ratings?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2019, 07:01 PM   #99
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Cool view, what are the RR & CR ratings?
Race Rating & Class Rating
Old 02-03-2019, 11:05 AM   #100
Southbaygent
TomT

Thanks for your reply.

Re:PCMover I used both computers hooked up to my network via Ethernet. PCMover gets installed on both computers, Fire it up and it finds each device on its own. I was very pleased with the experience....needed to re-enter product keys for MS-Office and Visual Studio.net, and of course the Bris PP issue. Otherwise it was an easy easy transition, I’d recommend it.

Re: the Bris PP issue, I’ve tried what you suggested, multiple uninstall/reinstalling, manually registering some dll’s, nothing has worked.

Only almost last thought was an upgraded “wiseinstall” but that’s probably not a starter either.

Frustrated but I’ll live....I use the Bris file for a few other programs so at $1 I’ll continue using them, and either wait 20 minutes for the new desktop to fail the “install” and load Bris, or use Bris PP from my MS Surface Pro3 which still works.
Southbaygent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2019, 12:30 PM   #101
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Race Rating & Class Rating
What data file do you need to get those?
The $1 files don't have them.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:09 PM   #102
headhawg
crusty old guy

Muliticaps (.mcp) files?
Old 02-07-2019, 03:22 PM   #103
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
What data file do you need to get those?
The $1 files don't have them.
HDW Files

and for it not looking like the real PP's
you'll get use to it...its really not that bad
plus
its free!!!

Last edited by mikesal57; 02-07-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:24 AM   #104
JJMartin

Quote:
Excel would not be the medium that I would choose for PPs.
you can't make them look like the real PP and it too much program to use as easily as PP Gen.

Excel is too much program for the job.

Ok, How about this:

Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 02-08-19 at 02.23 AM.PNG (125.2 KB, 148 views)
JJMartin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2019, 08:09 AM   #105
mikesal57
Veteran

JJ.....