Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-10-2017, 03:43 PM   #106
woodtoo

THe bleeding hearts are out in full force today, pretending to care about poor Judd,but really butthurt that Hillary lost and Harveys been exposed.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2017, 03:46 PM   #107
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Is it possible that even though she was an established star she felt this guy had enough clout in the industry to end her career. Women all over the world face this decision on a daily basis. Guy is a scum and he deserves everything coming to him.
That's what many people face about all sorts of illegal or immoral behavior. So we might understand why they didn't take action or stand up for what was right, but we may hope that they would've, and depending on the details, think they should've.

If you work for some powerful brokerage firm, and you find out that there's insider trading going on, or that clients are having their funds stolen, do you stand up for what is right, even though it can ruin your career?

Each situation has to be weighed according to its merits.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #108
jms62
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
That's what many people face about all sorts of illegal or immoral behavior. So we might understand why they didn't take action or stand up for what was right, but we may hope that they would've, and depending on the details, think they should've.

If you work for some powerful brokerage firm, and you find out that there's insider trading going on, or that clients are having their funds stolen, do you stand up for what is right, even though it can ruin your career?

Exactly
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2017, 04:00 PM   #109
BaffertsWig

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
THe bleeding hearts are out in full force today, pretending to care about poor Judd,but really butthurt that Hillary lost and Harveys been exposed.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I did not vote for Hillary and I am glad Harvey has been exposed. Next?
BaffertsWig is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2017, 04:08 PM   #110
jms62
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaffertsWig View Post
I can't speak for anyone else, but I did not vote for Hillary and I am glad Harvey has been exposed. Next?
I also did not vote for Hillary and am also thrilled Harvey has been exposed.

Next
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #111
woodtoo

Good to hear.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2017, 04:23 PM   #112
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
These are the words of someone losing a debate, you realize that, yes?
Thanks for proving my point.

It's useless having the debate because you're not being honest. Your issue with Judd started months ago and you're letting it cloud your judgement.

You're so upset she criticized your man crush, and if you were honest you'd realize you have one, so nothing she does or says will ever be okay.

As I said many pages ago....it's all about the politics with you. Always has been.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2017, 04:25 PM   #113
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Who is upset at either?

Boy...you really are dumb. No one here has defended Weinstein. He's scum. No one cares about Hillary anymore other than dumb, old guys like you.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:34 PM   #114
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:

So why demonize Judd? Because she criticized Trump?

You can't have selective compassion R Kelly. It doesn't work like that.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:50 PM   #115
thaskalos

Quote:

We all think that we are "brave" and "honest"...and that we'd always do the "right thing" when the situation demanded it. But unless it happens that we OURSELVES are placed in the exact situation that we are talking about...we'll never know just how "brave" or "honest" we really are.

I never criticize someone else for "not doing" something...because, in the same situation...I might have acted likewise -- or even worse.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:09 PM   #116
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
We all think that we are "brave" and "honest"...and that we'd always do the "right thing" when the situation demanded it. But unless it happens that we OURSELVES are placed in the exact situation that we are talking about...we'll never know just how "brave" or "honest" we really are.

I never criticize someone else for "not doing" something...because, in the same situation...I might have acted likewise -- or even worse.
I hear you, and understand that could be true in some cases. I bet if you think about it though, you can think of times where you know yourself well enough to know with certainty what you'd do.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2017, 05:17 PM   #117
thaskalos

Quote:
I hear you, and understand that could be true in some cases. I bet if you think about it though, you can think of times where you know yourself well enough to know with certainty what you'd do.
Yes...when I analyze myself from the safety and comfort of my own home...I am certain that I am an exemplary citizen. But I might easily be wrong about that...just as I am wrong about some of the other things that I am "certain" about.

We aren't really as brave and honest as we think we are.

Last edited by thaskalos; 10-10-2017 at 05:28 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2017, 05:29 PM   #118
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
How can this topic even be debatable?
Well, he do have a few morons posting in DaThread.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:35 PM   #119
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
What's paste taste like?
Try some in class tomorrow.....or did they cut that out the third grace budget this year.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:37 PM   #120
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Politics is definitely skewing somebody's thought process, but it ain't mine.
You call what he thinks a "process?"