Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-04-2018, 12:42 PM   #91
ultracapper

I understand fully why the poster that brought this to our attention did so. He's reading page after page of lovefest for this man, from people that know absolutely nothing about the real man.

It goes back to my earlier post in this thread. Impress upon those you love, particularly the younger ones, that no matter how one comes across on the internet, be careful not to put too much emphasis on it. You really have no idea who you're dealing with. And if they begin making requests of you, be very, very careful.

Great lesson here. Important lesson.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2018, 12:49 PM   #92
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
So, the righteous non-sinners are all casting their stones.

Sad.

I’ll have to go along with Tom on this one. There was no need to publish this type of information.
Totally uncalled for!

I’m sure (if true) that Ray looked to the PA forum partly as an escape from all the ridicule and embarrassment he caused himself and his immediate friends and family. We’re probably the only friends he had. I’m still glad that I got a chance to communicate with someone who obviously had other personal problems. Perhaps his interaction with us prevented him from getting involved more hideous situations.
You neglected to mention the effect that Raybo's behavior might have had on his victims.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2018, 01:07 PM   #93
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
You neglected to mention the effect that Raybo's behavior might have had on his victims.
That’s quite an assumption! So, you and others know for a fact how his behavior affected anyone?

He certainly didn’t kill anybody! (As many of the video games portray. And what’s the demographic of those playing those type of games for entertainment?)

Besides, I guess they don’t have (or permit) any of those beautiful Greek (nude) statues in Texas.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2018, 01:09 PM   #94
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Maybe the thread should be moved to the off-topics as a result of this disturbing development...but I don't see why it should be shut down. What...we can't handle the TRUTH?
For once I agree with you. This thread definitely belongs in off topics as it has nothing to do with racing or handicapping. It should be on this site as long as people want to air their opinions but not on Racing and Handicapping just because it happened to be this guy's hobby.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2018, 01:09 PM   #95
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Going to move this to off-topic...
Old 10-04-2018, 01:10 PM   #96
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
For once I agree with you. This thread definitely belongs in off topics as it has nothing to do with racing or handicapping. It should be on this site as long as people want to air their opinions but not on Racing and Handicapping just because it happened to be this guy's hobby.
It was originally on off-topic well before this revelation...go figure...
Old 10-04-2018, 01:15 PM   #97
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It was originally on off-topic well before this revelation...go figure...
Thanks PA for putting this back where it belongs.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2018, 01:21 PM   #98
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
That’s quite an assumption! So, you and others know for a fact how his behavior affected anyone?

He certainly didn’t kill anybody! (As many of the video games portray. And what’s the demographic of those playing those type of games for entertainment?)

Besides, I guess they don’t have (or permit) any of those beautiful Greek (nude) statues in Texas.
Assuming the verdicts were correct, there's something seriously wrong with your reaction to this matter. Your comment about "beautiful Greek (nude) statues" is a non-sequitur and revolting, given the charges involved children. You should quite well you're behind.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2018, 01:29 PM   #99
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Well, it appears this info is valid.

Baker is a part of his registered email address, his birthday matches, and a good portion of his IPs trace back to Texas (near Gun Barrel).

Many, many years ago, somebody else on this forum had told me about this...but back then, I couldn't confirm anything for myself and the person who told me about it didn't seem like they were 100% sure it was the same person...so I decided to leave it be.
Mike, that was me that PM'd the info and link to his arrest record. I did some digging, posted to you in confidence that firmly I believed it was him. That was several years ago.

I didn't see the need to make it open to the forum, no need for that. As the owner of the forum I thought you needed to know. Plus, the two of you were having a forum spat at the time. The guy wasn't "right" to me. Did some digging and found that link as well as other info.

May he RIP. If he was the person in the link (not many Ray baker's in gun barrel city at that age) then he has to answer to a higher authority than posters here.

ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2018, 01:31 PM   #100
railbird

Mike have a poll ;

1 are you a pedophile ... yes /no
2 are you a masochist... yes /no
3 sadist.................... yes /no
4 transvestite......... yes /no
5 other ................. PLEASE EXPLAIN

It would clear up a lot of questions .

Last edited by railbird; 10-04-2018 at 01:35 PM. Reason: grammer
railbird is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2018, 01:44 PM   #101
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quit, not quite - obviously in my prior post
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2018, 01:44 PM   #102
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Enough to get convicted 3 times and get a lifetime RSO trophy.

If this was just doing peepee in the woods and someone accidentally caught an eyeful, this would not be the case. Google the Texas penal codes he was busted for.
I worked with and dated a woman that lived in GBC. She was well aware of Ray Baker. She didn't "know" him but was aware of him. That particular Ray Baker was not a person you'd want your kids to be around. Creepy dud. That's why I sent the info to PA.

I did a lot of footwork on that guy. Looked online, saw the link, asked Paige about a Ray Baker, matched his home address to county records etc. People there knew of his problems.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2018, 02:00 PM   #103
Mike_412

Quote:

You have to be f'ing kidding me with your reaction. Sad.

I didn't know the guy, but after reading the multiple convictions against him he and his spreadsheets can rot in hell.
Mike_412 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2018, 02:09 PM   #104
ultracapper

Quote:
So, the righteous non-sinners are all casting their stones.

Sad.

I’ll have to go along with Tom on this one. There was no need to publish this type of information.
Totally uncalled for!

I’m sure (if true) that Ray looked to the PA forum partly as an escape from all the ridicule and embarrassment he caused himself and his immediate friends and family. We’re probably the only friends he had. I’m still glad that I got a chance to communicate with someone who obviously had other personal problems. Perhaps his interaction with us prevented him from getting involved more hideous situations.
I hope that is true also. It shines a fine light on this board and on the time consuming endeavor of handicapping and how it can be used, like any hobby, as a major distraction from other, even less constructive activities.

1 time is ridicule and embarrasment and "what happened. Is there anything we can do to help?". 3 times in front of a Texas court of law is "Don't even think about coming around me and mine".
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2018, 02:09 PM   #105
mikesal57
Veteran

In looking at that report....

Maybe the guy was a drunk!!!

First 2 reports were by "unknown" victims....come on...please
Probably cops seeing him urinate..

The 3rd was probably a kid and their mom....."Look Mommy, that man is peeing on the wall"

we all know how things go down in the State of Texas...LOL

Until you really know....let the guy R.I.P
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply