Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #61
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I listened to Petraeus yesterday
This was obviously a typo - I did NOT mean to insult the Genreal like this.
Could one of the moderators change the name? - I don't want this insult to last forever here.

The lib talk radio has been calling him that for so long I guess it got ingrained.
My bad......real bad.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-12-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #62
jballscalls

is that what happened with Barry Hussein as well?? can the moderators go correct all those too??
Old 04-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #63
ddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Here is my new take on Iraq:

They have 30 billion in our banks, not being used.

They area rolling in dough thanks to the high oil prices - will top 100 billion later this year.
The American taxpayer is shelling out 16 billion a omnth to train and rebuild.

It is time to stop.
Not one more penny to Iraq. Nadda. Zip. Zero. Now you see it, now you don't.

It is time George Bush started representing AMERICA and not Iraq ( or Mexico).
We have plenty of uses for that money at home, not wasting it on them, And yes, it is wasted now. They have had plenty of time to step up to the plate. There is no reason for our taxpayers to support them any longer. Tinme for them to pay thier own way. 80,000 people lost jobs last month at home. And Bush and McCan't are worried about Iraq's economy!!!??

Bush promised us that the Iraqi oil would pay for the war. He lied.
No more money into that money pit - let them pay thier own way.
Incrementally, what are we gaining from being there? 1 more dead soldier since Sunday and 2.13 billion more dollars. Enough.

I listened to Betrayus yesterday and was not impressed. If he is running a war campaign, he is failing miserably. If he is running a re-building campaign, he should not be in the first place.

This is costing too much money. We were lied to about the cost of the war. Lied thorugh his teeth, that SOB did. No more money. Not one penny.
It is time for Congress to stand up and cut off funding.

The terrorists cannot do any more to us than Bush is doing right now.
9-11 pales in comparison to our response to it.

There is nothing more we will gain from staying there.
Tom,

That's quite a post coming from your previous statements.

I think you are dead on.

I do not think we can leave(or draw down to a small force) and be sure we will not leave behind some mess.
It could flare into a larger mess.
Maybe it won't. Nobody can know for sure.

I know that at some point the Iraq people and those countries in the region will have to step up and decide what THEY think is in the best interests of the region and Iraq.

I say it's time to let them figure out what that will be.

Also, one other thing I never understand , is that IF WE are protecting ALL the other oil producing countries by our staying there in force, as many of the "strategic types" say , then why in hell are those countries , who are swimming in our oil profits not PAYING us directly dollar for dollar to offset our costs there?

Some kind of oil rebate to our mil budget seems reasonable?

Saudi Arabia runs telethons to pay death benefits for terrorist thugs families, why are they not paying our families who have lost sons and daughters protecting THEIR ass!

It is way past time to head out of there.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #64
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

jb, no need - I meant to insult him.
Major difference betweent he two - one has earned respect, the other is a jerk who needs a smack up-side the head.

ddog....the revelation yesterday about the oil revenues was a wake up call.
There is no excuse for Bush to bankrupt our country. After 5 years, to hear the General's assessment compared to the costs, it is a no brainer. Time to stop the money pit and use it at home. We have still not accomplished our goals for Afghanistan ( we moved the terrorists to Pakistan. Big whoop-de-doop!).

The strategy is not working and it is breaking us. We have chosen not to actively pursue victory, not to hold the Iraqi's accountable fo rthier own futre, and not to have any semblence of oversight on the costs of being there. It is time to take this thing back from the fool in the WH. If it is so impoprtant to stay there, then he and the joint chiefs should get their asses over there, in the green zone, and stay there until the job is done.
How long do you think it will take to get a timeline then?

Last edited by Tom; 04-09-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #65
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
jb, no need - I meant to insult him.
Major difference betweent he two - one has earned respect, the other is a jerk who needs a smack up-side the head.

ddog....the revelation yesterday about the oil revenues was a wake up call.
There is no excuse for Bush to bankrupt our country. After 5 years, to hear the General's assessment compared to the costs, it is a no brainer. Time to stop the money pit and use it at home. We have still not accomplished our goals for Afghanistan ( we moved the terrorists to Pakistan. Big whoop-de-doop!).

The strategy is not working and it is breaking us. We have chosen not to actively pursue victory, not to hold the Iraqi's accountable fo rthier own futre, and not to have any semblence of oversight on the costs of being there. It is time to take this thing back from the fool in the WH. If it is so impoprtant to stay there, then he and the joint chiefs should get their asses over there, in the green zone, and stay there until the job is done.
How long do you think it will take to get a timeline then?
The truth will set you free.

The path of least resitance is a mental rut ready made.It requires troublesome work to undertake the alteration of old beliefs.Self-conceit often regards it as a sign of weakness to admit that a belief to which we have once committed ourselves is wrong.We get so identified with an idea that it is literally a 'pet' notion and we rise to its defense and stop our eyes and ears to anything different:John Dewey
Old 04-09-2008, 04:38 PM   #66
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballscalls
this is my 3rd year living here in Cincinnati, and i must admit, that the Chili here is the worst i've ever had. its terrible!! i dont get what the fuss is about it. there are so many good culinary options here, that skyline or gold star should never be consumed!
It has been that way since the 60's. The only people who like it are the ones who grew up in Cincy. Nobody understands it. The rest of Ohio gives them a break...............

It ain't so bad if you can get them to toss it on a pile of pasta............because it's closer to spaghetti sauce than anything else
Old 04-09-2008, 09:22 PM   #67
riskman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Here's what I hears Petrayus say yesterday....

"We haven't turned any corners, we haven't seen any lights at the end of the tunnel...our gains are fragile and reversable."

At least he is being honest. Will he get fired?
Old 04-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #68
JustRalph
Just another Facist

The same comments could have been said about every war in the last hundred years. It was an enormously broad statement. It says nothing that he can be called on in a future appearance. That is what this charade has turned into. It is a huge waste of time. Taking anything of substance away from these hearings is nothing but grandstanding.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:02 AM   #69
JustMissed

Tom, So Proud You Changed Sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I listened to Betrayus yesterday and was not impressed. If he is running a war campaign, he is failing miserably. If he is running a re-building campaign, he should not be in the first place.

Keep slamming BUSCHO, great job.

Happy to have you on the team.

JM
Old 04-10-2008, 09:05 AM   #70
jballscalls

i dont think Tom necessarily has a side, from his postings i gather he's just on the side of "whats right for Tom" which is really what side everyone should be on, the two party thing is stupid.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #71
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMissed

JM
In your dreams!
Old 04-11-2008, 11:01 AM   #72
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMissed
Keep slamming BUSCHO, great job.

One of the dumbest teams I've ever heard of....if you slam BushCO, you are a proud member of the team?

Throw intellectual honesty out the window, as long as you slam the right group....wow...what a concept...

Tom has shown he is an independent thinker, so being the member of ANY "team" is totally against what he displays here...you trying to put him on your "bandwagon" shows how shallow JustMissed really is....

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-11-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #73
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddog
What if it has assured the complete destruction you talk about here?
How can YOU be so sure?
I can only go by what has happened. And that is nothing, since 9/11....the evidence is clearly on my side at this point...
Old 04-11-2008, 06:18 PM   #74
robert99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I can only go by what has happened. And that is nothing, since 9/11....the evidence is clearly on my side at this point...
And the evidence at the point one day before 9/11?

Old 04-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #75
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert99
And the evidence at the point one day before 9/11?
Hey look, the day another attack (God Forbid!) cripples America, you'll be right.

I'd rather take pleasure in the fact that we have been SUCCESSFUL in thwarting another attack...
Closed Thread