Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #151
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU918
The scary part is that 90% of the witnesses the prosecution have called have either worked against them or have been no help to either side. If people think its over now or even still somehow on the fence... Wait until the defense starts calling in their witnesses...
Totally agree.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #152
horses4courses

Glad he has to sweat a little

There were two clear facts going into this trial.

(1) The kid is dead

(2) Zimmerman is a POS

Whatever the outcome, those facts can't be altered.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #153
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses

(2) Zimmerman is a POS.
Qualify this one?
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #154
ManU918

Quote:
There were two clear facts going into this trial.

(1) The kid is dead

(2) Zimmerman is a POS

Whatever the outcome, those facts can't be altered.
Why do you think Zimmerman is a POS? His sweat is about as much of a sweat as Penny Chennery's in the 1973 Belmont.
ManU918 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #155
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Qualify this one?
He's a nobody wannabe cop who gets a hardon carrying a gun.
Add that to the fact that I doubt he cares for blacks very much, the man is a danger to society imo.
With any luck he gets what's coming to him someday.

Last edited by horses4courses; 07-02-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #156
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
He's a nobody wannabe cop who gets a hardon carrying a gun.
Add that to the fact that I doubt he cares for blacks very much, the man is a danger to society imo. With any luck he gets what's coming to him someday.
A nobody? How do you become a somebody ? And I assume from the inference that you consider yourself a "somebody"

Wannabe cop? Maybe.

Cares for blacks? I don't "care for blacks" I care for individuals who I know, a few are black. I assume you believe you "care for blacks" as a symbol of your liberal outlook on life.

A danger to society ? How do you judge this? He's had but one serious incident as far as I know.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #157
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
A nobody? How do you become a somebody ? And I assume from the inference that you consider yourself a "somebody"

Wannabe cop? Maybe.

Cares for blacks? I don't "care for blacks" I care for individuals who I know, a few are black. I assume you believe you "care for blacks" as a symbol of your liberal outlook on life.

A danger to society ? How do you judge this? He's had but one serious incident as far as I know.
We all go through life with our own theories.
I just don't agree with many of yours.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #158
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballscalls
interesting thing with this thread, is you can guess with darn good accuracy who thinks Zimmerman wasn't at fault and who thinks he was. seems right down the political lines.

Are there any of the righty posters here that think he's guilty and murdered the boy?

Are there any lefty posters here who think he's innocent and was attacked?

I'm sure i'll get yelled at for going off topic, even though I think it's part of the topic
From the evidence, they don't have enough to get a conviction, so on that part of it, i feel sympathetic towards Zimmerman that he's even in this predicament in the first place.

With that said, i think the bottom line remains that if Zimmerman was unarmed, TM would be alive today.

I know personally, owning a gun has never even crossed my mind, i feel that if you stay out of bad areas and just use your brain and not put yourself in bad positions, you don't need a gun it seems that it could only do more harm than good.

Another problem with guns is that because you own it, have it loaded and are carrying it around, in some sort of odd way, it almost doesnt make sense to have it unless you are going to use it at some point. People don't usually want to spend the time to get a gun license and the money to buy the gun and the ammo unless you actually plan on using it, people who have the thought in their heads "i would never use a gun" don't usually go out and buy them in the first place.

I do have a little problem with Zimmerman being a 'wannabe' cop, im not sure why he just didnt go out and try and be an actual police officer, he could have went to the police academy if that was his passion, but i havent heard why Zimmerman isnt an actual cop, it seems like that's what he was cut out to do in life.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #159
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
From the evidence, they don't have enough to get a conviction, so on that part of it, i feel sympathetic towards Zimmerman that he's even in this predicament in the first place.

With that said, i think the bottom line remains that if Zimmerman was unarmed, TM would be alive today.

I know personally, owning a gun has never even crossed my mind, i feel that if you stay out of bad areas and just use your brain and not put yourself in bad positions, you don't need a gun it seems that it could only do more harm than good.

Another problem with guns is that because you own it, have it loaded and are carrying it around, in some sort of odd way, it almost doesnt make sense to have it unless you are going to use it at some point. People don't usually want to spend the time to get a gun license and the money to buy the gun and the ammo unless you actually plan on using it, people who have the thought in their heads "i would never use a gun" don't usually go out and buy them in the first place.

I do have a little problem with Zimmerman being a 'wannabe' cop, im not sure why he just didnt go out and try and be an actual police officer, he could have went to the police academy if that was his passion, but i havent heard why Zimmerman isnt an actual cop, it seems like that's what he was cut out to do in life.
thanks for the response. I deleted that post cause I didn't think it would add to the conversation. but thank you for your response. Nothing about what zimmerman has said or done echoes of doing the right thing to me. His 911 call, his following a kid around, his shooting the kid. But without video or multiple witnesses, he's just not going to get convicted. He just strikes me as a bad guy.
jballscalls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #160
Ocala Mike

George Zimmerman Trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU918

Game .... Set... Match... O'Mara, "You just told the prosecution that the injuries were not life threatening... but what about the next injury.. The injury that hadn't yet occurred".
I didn't watch the trial today, but I fail to see how that "grandstanding" by O'Mara takes down the prize. I would hope that the prosecution objected to this statement/question as something the ME could not possibly have any knowledge of. Did they?
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #161
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
blacks can't find Zimmerman guilty with what the prosecution has presented thus far. Only reason they might riot is having an excuse to behave like idiots and tear up shit because that's really what they enjoy doing anyway.
This man wins the award for being the most honest of all contributors in this thread from the Right.
He definitely calls it like he sees it. There's no denying.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #162
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
but would Zimmerman?? Isn't that the very essence of self-defense??
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #163
tucker6

Quote:
We all go through life with our own theories.
I just don't agree with many of yours.
you raised JustRalph's stock across the internet.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #164
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
you raised JustRalph's stock across the internet.
Don't mention it.
I have the feeling, though, that he'd have to search far and wide
to find the following of mutually admiring back slappers that he finds around here.
Just my opinion - don't let me stop him from trying.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #165
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
I didn't watch the trial today, but I fail to see how that "grandstanding" by O'Mara takes down the prize. I would hope that the prosecution objected to this statement/question as something the ME could not possibly have any knowledge of. Did they?
Of the prosecution objected but that was O'Mara's last statement and had no further questions. I am just happy he said that because I have said that to so many people over the last week or so. No professional medical examiner can predict how hard the next hit would have been.
ManU918 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply