Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-29-2023, 05:56 PM   #16
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
They were all drifting. Should be no change.
That's what I was telling the wife. We're always talking about the bettors getting screwed...the bettors would have been totally screwed by a DQ there. None of the top three ever lost stride or did anything but keep running forward.

Last edited by rastajenk; 07-29-2023 at 05:57 PM.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2023, 05:59 PM   #17
PalaceOfFortLarned

Not many things answered in this 3YO division.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2023, 06:00 PM   #18
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Which is nice.

rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2023, 06:07 PM   #19
ScottJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
That's what I was telling the wife. We're always talking about the bettors getting screwed...the bettors would have been totally screwed by a DQ there. None of the top three ever lost stride or did anything but keep running forward.
It was nice that the stewards left Forte up and allowed Mike Repole to declare him the best 3yo in training on FOX.

What should the outcome be? If the winner's share was $300,000 and Irad received 10%, a fine of $30,000 would be in order. Next time, double it.
ScottJ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2023, 06:09 PM   #20
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post

I was really surprised the talking heads on FOX were adamant about a DQ. Did they not watch the headon? Sounded like fake news. Judges didnt even take very long, as there was really nothing to determine. No Foul was clear.

And I bet the
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2023, 06:14 PM   #21
ScottJ

Quote:
I was really surprised the talking heads on FOX were adamant about a DQ. Did they not watch the headon? Sounded like fake news. Judges didnt even take very long, as there was really nothing to determine. No Foul was clear.

And I bet the
One and only one question : Do you think that Angel of Empire had a fair shot to win that race? And if you think Angel of Empire did have a fair shot, how many paths do you think a horse can be moved out and still be seen as having a fair shot. This horse was moved 5 paths and perhaps more - so, is that a fair shot?
ScottJ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2023, 06:22 PM   #22
Sheffwed

Irad

Leaving Forte up was the right call, as there's no reason to think there was going to be a different result

You could argue that Prat was the issue, in a 5 horse race, give all the horses the ability to run and let the best horse win

That said Irad deserves to be suspended for the rest of the meeting, as he is a major menace - he's lucky Gary Stevens isn't a steward, maybe he should be
Sheffwed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2023, 06:25 PM   #23
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The FOX crrew looked at the head in. It was a clear foul followed up with a LEFT HOOK AT THE WIRE..

There was no way the pathetic stewards would take him fown.
The rules of racing onlly apply when those jerks want them too,

REAL stewards would have taken him dow.

Thispunk-ass rider needs more days, to go with the ones he got for the same thing Thursday. And he should serve them all at Saratoga.

Do the time were you did the ctime.

Last edited by Tom; 07-29-2023 at 06:27 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2023, 06:35 PM   #24
MJC922

Quote:

And I bet the
Yea I think it was a good call. Prat wants to corral this horse two races in a row, it's clearly a race-ride game plan, in the Belmont it was blatantly so when he used him entering the backstretch there to lap on but I mean today c'mon you have to let this guy out to stretch his legs at some point. So yea I agree with the stewards here.

Forte is gritty, hemmed in, took mud, bulled his way out, gave weight to lone speed and nailed him anyway. A nose win but honestly he's quite a bit better horse than those today IMO and those were some nice horses. Too bad it came up muddy, maybe some of the ones behind him get a small pass for that but I agree with Repole he is the division leader and yea Arcangelo jumped up with a single legit winning race against him but heading into August now they still have some work to do to legitimately take it away. Travers should be interesting.

Last edited by MJC922; 07-29-2023 at 06:36 PM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2023, 06:38 PM   #25
porchy44

Is it possible to not dq a horse and still suspend a rider for the ride ?
porchy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2023, 06:42 PM   #26
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchy44 View Post
Is it possible to not dq a horse and still suspend a rider for the ride ?
Sure, happens all the time.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2023, 06:42 PM   #27
Totals

All you need to know --
After the race, Ortiz was interviewed and blamed the horse that was clear in front for all the trouble in the race.
It reminds me of Dustin Hoffman in Midnight Cowboy -- I'm walking here.
Apparently he feels that all the other horses in the race need to get out of his way.

Last edited by Totals; 07-29-2023 at 06:47 PM.
Totals is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2023, 06:44 PM   #28
burnsy
self medicated

See , I look at it and say if you think Angel of Empire had a chance . There were really only the three in there that really did at the end. You come right back with him if he runs in the Travers . He ran a nice even prep and got the worst of it. See who enters , but he will most likely be overlooked now I’m thinking . Might be a good exacta proposition next month if the price is right . He was pretty sharp early too in defeat . One to watch . He could fly in a little under the radar if everyone shows up .
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2023, 06:57 PM   #29
Maximillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totals View Post
All you need to know --
After the race, Ortiz was interviewed and blamed the horse that was clear in front for all the trouble in the race.
Apparently he feels that all the other horses in the race need to get out of his way.
Aside from the obvious dangers of what he does....he is not nearly as important in the outcomes of races as he thinks he is.He is in the very,very fortunate position of riding loaded horses all the time.

There was a race at a minor track about a week ago and the rider tried to emulate IO and finished second but was DQ'd to third.(rightfully so)

The ironic thing was if he had just ridden the horse straight he would have won the race outright.
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2023, 07:12 PM   #30
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totals View Post
All you need to know --
I suspect Cox's boys had a huddle and planned to dangle nothing but the inside. Irad refused to bite. A lot of riders would've taken the option rather than claw their way out of there. Had Irad given in there's a good chance Forte may have hung a bit down at the rail just enough to get beat. Irad does some things I don't always agree with but here I have to give him a pass.