Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 08-02-2016, 12:02 PM   #196
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman
I don't know what that's supposed to be, but it's creeping me out
That's SoCal Tom....on a bridge--- popular sport down towards DelMar:

Fishing for trolls. Then use those for live bait for bigger game.

I prefer to just shoot the damn things, myself...bait up while they still have some wiggle left.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2016, 12:08 PM   #197
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57
looks like another hater....

hey guys...does anyone have an extra set of pom poms...I wore them out

michelle
Will these do?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tempMandi--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg (35.0 KB, 511 views)
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2016, 12:44 PM   #198
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek
Will these do?

Yep...I'll ware them out too
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2016, 01:21 PM   #199
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek
Will these do?
Only if the user of the pom poms is included.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2016, 01:26 PM   #200
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensacola Pete
Only if the user of the pom poms is included.

Are you sure your heart could take it, Pete??
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2016, 02:23 AM   #201
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartman51
Are you sure your heart could take it, Pete??
If killed me, it'd be one heck of a way to go.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:14 PM   #202
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Wow, this is a class hike for you. You didn't call me a blowhard or a troll. Although I have nothing against blowhards or trolls.

I just want to say something about this statement you made

Here is how naive your statement is. Pensacola Pete played 114 races, $228 in and got back $205. A 10% loss. I also monitored his show betting. He got back $214.80 to show. A loss of only 5.7%! His show betting beat his win betting. So it isn't a matter of "having confidence" and being a macho man and betting to win. Its a matter of being smart.

Look, I see guys racking their brains out, sweating exotics and in the end if they make 10% ROI after 5 hours of exhaustive playing, they are happy. I can play 1 single race and get $3.00 to show. A 50% ROI and I've blown them away in 20 minutes. Its a matter of playing smart. Play with your ego and this game will bury you.
Why are you treating this program as if it's a black box? No two people are probably going to utilize it the same way.

You sit here and act as if it has no merit...one who has never even USED the program.

You go on and on about the number of people who have purchased it and the number of people that have kind things to say about it...but you yourself are going to hang your hat on somebody's own personal 100 race run?

You and I know that 100 races doesn't tell you much, unless they are doing the exact same thing in every race, which I doubt he was doing...or maybe he was...he was just using one spot play for all those races?

If not, the run tells you basically nothing...except that losing less than the take makes me think there is something there somewhere that can be exploited with more study.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2016, 02:57 PM   #203
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
All he has shown me so far is a program that cannot turn a profit.
This is only a valid statement if you owned the program and it didn't turn a profit for YOU.

Again, you're treating this thing as if it's a black box and everyone is supposed to blindly bet on the selections it make for each race, which, as far as I can tell, is not the recommended method of even its creator.

Where did NCG ever market this thing as a black box that will turn losers into overnight winners?

All I've seen so far is that this is a nice product at a very nice price that has the potential to help SOME PEOPLE in improving their game. As with all such products, it's not going to help everyone.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:13 PM   #204
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

At least Light has moved on from trolling TLG...remember those days?

TLG wasn't selling anything, so I forget what Light's excuse was back then.

It appears to me that Light doesn't enjoy it when others get praise for their work on here...that seems to be the common theme for him...
Old 08-03-2016, 09:22 PM   #205
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
You and I know that 100 races doesn't tell you much, unless they are doing the exact same thing in every race, which I doubt he was doing...or maybe he was...he was just using one spot play for all those races?
I was using two very simple fixed-rules spot plays, which were spelled out in the selection thread. Anybody using the program and BRIS DRF files, who followed those rules would come up with the exact same plays that I did. The test was designed to show what could be done without any handicapping or tote watching.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:25 PM   #206
barshoe

can some one help me when i print out pace view it comes out to small cant read it...
barshoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2016, 07:13 PM   #207
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by barshoe
can some one help me when i print out pace view it comes out to small cant read it...
Sounds like something "Mole Man" on the Simpson's would post

Actually got a good chuckle out of that one
Old 08-04-2016, 08:36 PM   #208
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by barshoe
Best thing you should do is get a Windows Tablet! Take Pace View where ever you go!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2016, 08:43 PM   #209
green80

Pace view update for LAD

With paceview for this test I am doing no handicapping or tote watching, just simply clicking on the best bets tab and placing a $2 win bet on each horse it shows. I am playing Louisiana Downs and doing the exact same thing each consecutive racing day. The only days skipped (2) were due to off tracks.

Since July 1 PV has given me 68 Best Bets of which 29 of them won. (43%.)
Thats betting $136 and getting back 141.20 for about a +1.04 ROI

As was mentioned in a previous thread above, "anybody using the program and BRIS DRF files, who did the same would come up with the exact same plays that I did. The test was designed to show what could be done without any handicapping or tote watching."
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2016, 03:23 PM   #210
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
With paceview for this test I am doing no handicapping or tote watching, just simply clicking on the best bets tab and placing a $2 win bet on each horse it shows. I am playing Louisiana Downs and doing the exact same thing each consecutive racing day. The only days skipped (2) were due to off tracks.

Since July 1 PV has given me 68 Best Bets of which 29 of them won. (43%.)
Thats betting $136 and getting back 141.20 for about a +1.04 ROI

As was mentioned in a previous thread above, "anybody using the program and BRIS DRF files, who did the same would come up with the exact same plays that I did. The test was designed to show what could be done without any handicapping or tote watching."
That's interesting, greenie....the best bets were never intended as stand-alone bets, since their odds are usually too low to consider for the win.

They were intended as "must-use" in exotics--but any good selection is worth a bet if the price is right. I don't bet Saratoga but noticed MONSTER MASH was a solid best bet @ 10-1 ML.

Not sure that positive ROI will hold up--but just being in the ballpark of $1.00 ROI is noteworthy--NCG

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: