Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-14-2018, 09:46 PM   #16
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
if it's up top date i don't know, but it does have recent stuff there.
it's certainly active though, as i tested it before i made my previous post.
maybe something to do with where you are?
When I click on it...it says that the domain is "parked". Which, of course, means that it isn't going anyplace.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:55 PM   #17
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
IF you have different time values of a length at different place, I can't see any sense in even trying to make a bet.

That models needs major improvement to get to the Dark Ages.
is usa any different?
in australia there is 7 different ruling bodies, mostly one per state or territory.
they all go their own way, which is of course idiotic of them.
they have australian rules of racing, but then each joint will have their own clauses inserted, and there is obviously no standard conversion factor for converting time to margin.
in fact i would bet 99.9% of australian players, would not even know how the margins are calculated, nor that they are derived from time.

australia is probably ever bit as bad as usa for giving a stuff about the people that pay for it all(punters)

the best jusridictions for gambling will be those in asia like japan, hk, korea and to a lesser extent singapore.
steveb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2018, 09:57 PM   #18
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
When I click on it...it says that the domain is "parked". Which, of course, means that it isn't going anyplace.
maybe it's something to do with you isp or location, because it's certainly operating for me...and it ain't dead!
Old 05-15-2018, 03:40 AM   #19
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

You can get all of the free information you need at:

https://punters.com.au

A while ago, I stopped playing Australia. A man told me that there was some blatant drugging going on there, and that I would be wise to not play Australia for a while. I mentioned it here in the forums, without giving the specific reason, since I couldn't prove the allegation. A few days ago, over a dozen people were banned or disciplined for drug misuse, including a lifetime ban for a semi-prominent trainer. If that many got hit initially, I'm guessing that it's widespread. Until the drug situation is cleaned up, I won't be playing Australian racing.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2018, 09:40 AM   #20
clicknow

Quote:
My hat goes off to guys like you and Nitro, for managing to beat that type of game...but it clearly isn't for me.
Hey, I didn't say I was beating the game. Not always.

However, I highly suggest HK racing if you are looking for an honest game where you have enough information to feel confident making a wager. Again, the camera work is top notch, and so is the paddock analysis.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2018, 09:50 AM   #21
MadVindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensacola Pete View Post
You can get all of the free information you need at:

https://punters.com.au

A while ago, I stopped playing Australia. A man told me that there was some blatant drugging going on there, and that I would be wise to not play Australia for a while. I mentioned it here in the forums, without giving the specific reason, since I couldn't prove the allegation. A few days ago, over a dozen people were banned or disciplined for drug misuse, including a lifetime ban for a semi-prominent trainer. If that many got hit initially, I'm guessing that it's widespread. Until the drug situation is cleaned up, I won't be playing Australian racing.
Oh shit. Well that influences my decision. In no rush to play but will just watch the races and see.
MadVindication is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2018, 09:54 AM   #22
MadVindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Hey, I didn't say I was beating the game. Not always.

However, I highly suggest HK racing if you are looking for an honest game where you have enough information to feel confident making a wager. Again, the camera work is top notch, and so is the paddock analysis.
HK it is. Good camera work is especially appealing. I like how gambling is taken more seriously over there. Unlike in North America ...in ways gambling is treated as a few steps above drug use and not at all a respectable hobby, common as it is.

Are there a lot of tracks in HK?
MadVindication is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2018, 12:02 PM   #23
lamboguy

Hong Kong only has 2 tracks.

the Hong Kong Jockey Club is the largest employer in Hong Kong
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2018, 01:19 PM   #24
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
This website is no longer active.
Link works for me, for what that's worth...
Old 05-16-2018, 11:17 PM   #25
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Link works for me, for what that's worth...
if one was interested in australia, then it's probably the best, because it's basically only lots of links to get you to the information available.
just a spot to guide you to all the other spots.

nevertheless i am in australia and would not touch the joint with a barge pole.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:07 AM   #26
Nitro

Thumbs up

Well folks, there’s been a lot commentary recently on Overseas racing, and for good reason. No I don’t play Australia (for the many reasons already stated). However, as I’ve mentioned in many previous threads over the years my personal feelings, particularly about racing in Hong Kong. So if you care to venture into those posts here’s just a sampling:

Post #20
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ng+Kong&page=2

Post #10 & #14
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ight=Hong+Kong

Post #17 & #26 & #30
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ng+Kong&page=2

Post #33 & #34 & #37 & #39
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ng+Kong&page=3

You may not agree with everything I’ve mentioned, but again these are just some of the reasons I’ll stay up ALL night (actually mornings on Sat or Sun on the east coast) to play Sha Tin and get up early Wed mornings to play Happy Valley. Of course it’s not for everyone, but for me it’s like the BC twice a week (with O.A. betting pools to match…actually exceed), fields aplenty and potential betting value in nearly every race.
As I’ve reiterated so often I think, “It’s the best racing on the planet”.

But actually the best part is that it offers me much more free time and doesn’t interfere with my daily family life! Yes, believe it or not there is life beyond the many alluring calls of the race track Sirens.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2018, 02:32 PM   #27
WP1981

I use www.australianracing.com which is ran by Sky for us here. You have to complete a free signup but they offer free video for Aus and SA and tons of PP's and stats.

I also use the actual Sky site for various ratings and results http://www.skyracing.com.au/index.ph...emid=104&id=18 they also have ratings for various other races such as HK and some US races.

It's all I play anymore.
WP1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2018, 03:23 PM   #28
chiguy

When I get to the point of retirement I will probably just pay Australia and HK only. Friday night Australia (Saturday in Aus) is the best racing. Few maiden races and most of the racing is from Metro tracks. Those are the big tracks. The rest of the week seems to have many more maiden races which unless you study real well, are hard to get a feel for.
chiguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 12:21 AM   #29
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
When I get to the point of retirement I will probably just pay Australia and HK only. Friday night Australia (Saturday in Aus) is the best racing. Few maiden races and most of the racing is from Metro tracks. Those are the big tracks. The rest of the week seems to have many more maiden races which unless you study real well, are hard to get a feel for.
Well just looking in at Bendigo tonight, a $19.80 winner with a $13.00 2nd horse, an $18.80 and $9.30 2nd horse, then a $72.50 winner....that's just 3 races and we're up to race 5.
Sunshine, Nowra and Grafton up to race 4 have several horses win already up over $12.00-16.00....

Compare to wagering at Pimlico today, where my show wager on Tenfold paid more than the winners of 11 races there today.

But I prefer Sha Tin.....will watch that tonight, love the paddock analysts and the camera work is always stunning. and the racing is HONEST.

Last edited by clicknow; 05-20-2018 at 12:25 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: